Chapter 4 part 1 [Vol.2]
1.9k 14 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2, Chapter 4, Part 1

Author: HeiaN

Editor: Addanc

Proofread by: ----

______________________________________________________________________________

A note from Addanc before you get to the chapter.

Hi everyone first off all, I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be editing from now on. All the previously edited chapters that have been done by the community will hopefully be re-uploaded with the edits(soon?). Anything that hasn't been edited previously, I will get to eventually. Thank you for your patience.

HeiaN and I set up a discord server, however it's pretty bare bones. Feel free to check it out at https://discord.gg/eFxrUTB

Now to the Story...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Papa Papa! Huge!" Alicia says while pointing out the carriage window towards the city looming ahead of us.

Chuckling I replied “Yes it is.” Alicia started to say that the castle is bigger than her Oji-san's castle, but Rena caught her and covered her mouth.

Finally, after a ten day long journey, we finally had arrived at the capital city of the Red Rose Kingdom. On the way here I saw a river flowing off to our left. I was told that it goes through the forest that is to the north of the city. Other than the capital ahead of us, all I can see is the river and plains. I'm glad that boring journey is almost over. As we pull up to what I would guess is the southern gate I notice that there is a line forming to enter the city. The security here seems to be the strictest I have seen since coming to this world. The coachman pulls up to the carriage entrance line.

"Next!" the guard calls out.

Our carriage pulls up until the guard on duty motions for us to stop. Even though they saw the Vermilion family crest on the side of the carriage, they thoroughly inspected the carriage.

"Can we please see some identification?" asks the guard.

Nelson shows him a Red Card with a Phoenix on the back of it, to which the guard examines it and gives it back.

He turns to me and I hand him my guild card. All of the guards were surprised that it was a golden colored card symbolizing my status as an S-Rank adventurer. As there are very few S-Rank adventurers, most of them were known by the guards without needing to ID them. “Please take off your mask.”

That's problematic for me because I appear to be part of a royal family thanks to that one girl.

"I will not remove it.” I told him.

"If you don't take off your mask won't allow you to enter the city."

Before I could say anything else, Rena handed him her guild card and said “He is my husband and that card is legitimate, I can guarantee that. He can't remove his mask currently due to certain circumstances however.”

“Oh Rena-sama!” the guard exclaims as if he didn't notice her at first. “Very well, if you will vouch for him then I will allow him through.”

After that exchange he waved us through and we were able to see the capital city. Incidentally I later learned that the city was name Mawar City and that there was also an Eastern and Western gate. As we finished passing through the gate, what greeted us was a sprawling city with houses in neat and orderly rows. The road was still just a dirt road as far as I could tell. Here and there we saw various street stalls. We continued north through the city for what felt like forever. Eventually another wall started to come into view as the road started to transition to stone. A little further a bustling market came into view. We headed towards the wall that is growing ever closer, and as we pulled up we heard a guard yell to stop. The guards looked at the Vermilion family crest on the carriage and let us through without a problem. This wall is huge, it has to be at least 2 meters tall. After passing through this gate we saw mansions as far as the eye can see. Ahead of us was a humongous pure white castle.

“wooooooaaaaaah” Alicia's eyes grew to twice their size.

I felt the carriage change direction. I guess we are heading towards Lucy's home. Finally we arrived at a mansion that was a cut above the rest. This whole ride, Alicia was being spoiled with sweets by Lucy...

●●●

""Welcome Back Young Miss!""

When we disembarked the carriage, there was a large amount of servants lined up, I guess someone ran ahead to tell the staff in the main house. What the hell...? Who exactly is she? All of a sudden a man who can only be described as being overly muscular came running out the front door of the house. He is charging right at us! He stops in front of Lucy and yells “Lucy, you're back!”

"Father! Did you have to come running out to see me?"

“Of course.” then he swept his gaze over everyone and stopped at me. Why me?

“And who is he? I know of Rena.”

“Shadow-sama and Rena-sama saved us father.”

“Lucy, you'll have to tell me what happened, Seona take our guests to a room and entertain them.”

“Yes my lord.”

- Some time later -

Seona brought us to the room where Lucy and her father were. Alicia has fallen asleep while we were waiting.

“Thank you for saving my daughter and her escorts. I am Duke Vermilion”

This guy is... a Duke? “Since I need to see how capable you are though, come and spar with me for a bit.” This has somehow become troublesome.

"hya ya ora!!!"

"..."

In the training field, the sounds of battle ring out.

In typical musclehead fashion, the duke insisted on sparring with me.

"How long can you continue defending against my sword? He is slashing at me fiercely, swinging his greatsword as fast as he could. I didn't bother to launch any counter attacks, I'm just waiting for him to tire himself out as I parry his attacks with my knife. He was skilled, at least for this world, but he just couldn't overcome the difference in our stats. As if to prove this, I haven't had to even take a step from my starting position.

Aahhhh I'm bored... I want to see Alicia's sleeping face...

This sparring session has been dragging on for quite some time now. I'm surprised at his stamina, after all he has attacked me nonstop since we started.

I'm so bored, I guess I will end this soon.

"What's wrong? Why haven't you counter attacked yet?Are my techniques too good for you?!! ahahaha"

"Then... Take this." I calmly said while exerting about 5% of my power, I slashed at the duke.

He tried blocking with his sword aaaand ~BAAAM!~

He went flying through the air and slammed against the wall. When he fell on the ground, you could see cracks on the wall. Aaaand he passed out.

35