CHAPTER 1: normal life
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 1: Normal life.

AEON

"I need your help, please! You are my last resort. Have faith in me; once this is over, I'll locate you, and we'll be together forever."

Ring!

In my dream, I can't remember who I was talking to when the alarm went off.

Aeon is my name. I am a 23-year-old. Have short black hair and am 6 feet tall. People think I am handsome.

I take good care of myself; I dress well and workout every day. I am highly recognized and have a good reputation in the area. However, I don't really give a damn about it. I'm an introvert who only talks to my girlfriend and people with whom I have to contact because of the circumstances.

Knock Knock!

When I stood up, my girlfriend Lia was lying by my bed. I recalled that she had requested to stay the night at my house last night while drunk.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by an unpleasant face. At my front door. "This is your final chance. The payment is two months past due, I will be there with the cops to evict you the next time I knock on your door", the landlord announced.

Most of the time, I display a shy and friendly attitude. I said, "I'll pay the rent when I get my payment." 

“You better do! Because if you don't, oh god help me for what I will do to you"
As contrary to me, who had to earn everything. He doesn't need to work because he inherited these filthy apartments from his father; this 50-year-old fat bastard has nothing else.

My mother was the only family I ever had; my father was an absentee parent who disappeared shortly after my birth. My mother raised me alone. She was killed in a car accident seven years ago, and I was unable to recognize her at the funeral since her facial characteristics had been altered.

Since. I changed from the carefree youth with my entire life ahead of me to the person I am today, this has devastated me.
My mother used to say "Sorry, I can't give you everything you want or need. But I will do everything in my power to make sure you live a normal life even if you don't have a father ".

I have survived all these years because of her wishes, along with her intentions and ambitions for me.

My father's old friend Jack, a well-known illegal businessman in the city, was waiting for me when I got ready and headed there.

After my mother passed away, he was the one who hired me as his errand boy, making me responsible for delivering drugs and other trades the majority of the time.
I currently work at a little store, but I still do some side work for him because I needed the extra cash to attend college and live the typical life I wanted.

 

Jack was inside his bar! "Ah Aeon, Come here" He urged, gesturing at me in a pitch-black room. He is quite muscular and has a six-pack, but he also has numerous scars and tattoos.
He had two women at his sides. He remarked, "My men informed me you had a fantastic night with that whore Lia." I said as politely as possible, "I would appreciate it if you stopped spying on me and calling her that Mr. Jack."
The regular life I was looking for included having a girlfriend, but I had no feelings for her. She is a nice person who I didn't deserve to be with and was always taking care of me, so I had no question that she was deeply in love with me. I wanted to love her and I wanted to feel anything for her at some point, but I couldn't help it because my feelings had been dead since my mother's passing.

 

"Oy kid! She worked here for a while, and I'm just spouting facts there's doubt that she is a whore” he joked before squeezing one of the women's breasts.
“Oh Mr. Jack, you're calling us whores?" "Asked one of the women.” You are the whore of Jack. There is a difference, haha "Before beginning to kiss her, Jack told me to leave and waved his hand in my direction.

 

“I must speak with you”. I remarked while maintaining an emotionless expression as I watched him touch the two women without giving a damn about me.

 

If you want a new job, Visit one of my men” he barely took his mouth off them to speak those words. I said breaking up his touching "I want out, and I need my money for my last jobs," The girls were instructed to leave when he halted.
"Kid, are you aware of what you're saying? Once you're in, there is no way out,” he said as he stood up.

 

In front of me, taller and bigger, trying to frighten me with a menacing expression in his eyes. I replied, "I know, but if my mother were still alive she would be disappointed. This is not a normal life, and the only reason I ever worked here was because I had nowhere else to turn."

 

"So you should be appreciative! You said as much. She's gone funny isn’t it! And you ought to dismiss her!" And when he saw my face, he stopped. My eyes told him, "Say one more thing about her, and I'll murder you!"
"Aeon, you are fearless and always complete the task at hand without hesitation or concern for the results. This is why I like you. Almost no one in this city can give me the same glances as you do. I'll let you go and give you your money out of respect for our relationship, but first you have to complete one last task for me. I'll send you the instructions later "To return to his women, he commanded.

 

I had to wait for him to send the information after leaving the club. I went to a park where not many people go.
I was enjoying the silence when a man approached and asked, "Aeon, is that you?  I'm Dani, and we went to high school together”. I knew he was coming and I just wanted him to leave me alone. “My memory is terrible, haha". I answered with a smile on my face.

 

You were always clumsy, haha! "Look at you, you're sick-looking; I've heard you're dating a gorgeous girl, and... " ringing!   He was stopped by my phone, giving me the opportunity to leave. I said, "Sorry, I have some urgent stuff to do. Let's meet another time." I got up and walked away from him. He attempted to resume our conversation by saying, "Hey, wait."

He resides nearby as well, but I avoid everyone in the area, not just him. I keep everyone away. However, Dani was probably simply jealous of me since I thought having a girlfriend was normal and he thought it was a luxury.

 

 

I received a message with the address of the place I needed to go.

 

"One of my guys was engaged in various trades, but there was this man who went by the name of the Owl, and he had photographic evidence and other solid proof that might ruin my man and bring a lot of grief onto me. My man was being threatened by this owl, who demanded a significant sum of money or he would provide the photos to the police or other parties willing to pay more. You should carry out the transaction. We can't be sure he has no additional copies, but we can't take the chance, so pay him the cash and take the file he will give you. Now comes the fun part! We put a tracking device in the case, and if they decide to play games, we will find them and look after them.” This was Jack’s message including the details of the job.

 

The suitcase that Jack's men had prepared was in my hand when I walked inside the place, an abandoned warehouse at the docks of the city.

 

"You have the money?" asked one of the four armed men I entered the warehouse to see.
 I only ever made deliveries or stole things out from under the nose of the law. That was the only quality I had—I was only a kid—and they never questioned me. But this was a job that truly endangered lives. I had to do this to escape from Jack.

 “Yes! Are you the owl?"  They were pointing their pistols at me as I spoke.

He held up the file and stated, "Yes, I am the owl, and this contains everything."

 

I approached a weapon man and gave him the case.

“The documents?” I asked as the owl laughed and reached out to give me the file as he said, "Hahaha you are awesome dude you didn't flinch when all these guys were pointing their weapons at you." "Wait, the sum is just halfway finished!" The person holding the case yelled. The owl grabbed my shirt and asked, "What does this mean?”

 

Ring!

I backed up a few steps and quickly grabbed my phone after receiving a message. It was Jack, and I had to read it thinking it was part of the plan or something. "I was joking, there is no tracking device and my men are surrounding the place, I will teach them not to play with Jack, and good luck kid you were just a bait, don't blame me:) blame your fate," it said. Only then did I realize I had been tricked; he intended to get rid of me.

 

The owl was about to shoot at me when I heard him say, "I'm talking to you. Don't look at your phone like that."
The owl told them to shoot, "Kill him and let's get out of here, this must be a trap."

 

I hastily ran behind a wall, where I quickly fell to the ground while hearing gunfire and feeling bullets pierce the wall behind me.

 

What is this? I tried my hardest; this has got to be a joke. Normal life? Reputation? Fate? All of this is a part of a plan for me, right? How is that just? What went wrong with me? I finally felt something after asking myself all this time—anger!

 

"Corner him" said the owl.
As one of them approached me carrying a knife, I heard footsteps on my right and left sides. I prepared to die and at least take one of them with me while holding an iron pipe alongside me.

 

My body felt incredibly light and strong as I heard a voice in my head command, "Kill them, Aeon." I swiftly emerged from my cover and struck the man on the right with the pipe, causing his head to shatter and his brain to scatter all over the place. Before tossing the pipe at the person on the left and making his insides burst, I thought to myself, "Something is wrong with me”.
The third one yelled in terror and began firing his automatic rifle chaotically. I noticed a shot land on my leg, feeling like a pinch. I sprinted toward him, dodging the remaining bullets. When he had to reload, I grabbed the gun from the front and turned it before he started shooting, throwing it away. I then punched him in the face, causing him to lose some teeth and fall to the ground. I sat above his body and continued punching I enjoyed laughing while doing so.
In an attempt to understand why I am so strong, the owl became desperate after realizing that bullets had no effect on me. Even I was unable to provide a response at the time.

 

Slowly, I approached him. He said, "Stay away! Keep off!" I followed him outside because I wanted to experience that ecstasy once again after he yelled and fled the warehouse.

 

When I stepped outside, I saw the owl lying dead in the road and Jack ordering his soldiers "hold your fire!" They were about to shoot me when Jack said, "What the heck happened here? How come you're still alive? Why did he burst out screaming like a little girl?" Jack came forward to me and questioned.

Like a young child experiencing candy for the first time, I was overwhelmed by the experience and wanted to fight more. "I'm not sure how you managed it, but congratulations; as a reward, I'll share a secret with you.  Your father passed away in a similar way to how I was hoping you would, while doing me a job to bring your mother and you some food. I simply kept it a secret from you since I wanted a young errand boy”.
He said while tossing his cigarette to the ground "Nothing personal, kill him". He gave his guys orders and then left as everyone was shooting.

 

He was smoking near the warehouse, admiring the dawn and celebrating his victory over the owl. "You see how you handle your business Jacob" he said not realizing I had already arrived while he was speaking to his bodyguard.

 

I had shoved a metal rod in his bodyguard's neck, leaving Jack stunned. “I'm not sure if you or my fate are to blame for my miserable life. Or even I?" I said before I threw his bodyguard into the water.

“What the hell!” I sit next to him and stare at my bloodied hands. “Where are my men?" he exclaimed in shock.

“I killed them all, and now it doesn't matter what's wrong with me or who I am. Perhaps this is why my mother passed away and I had to suffer”. I informed him as I observed my reflection in the water that I appeared to be a monster.
he pulled his revolver and shot me in the head "This hurt!" I said before I broke Jack's hand with my own. "You helped me when I was a kid, I forgive you," I said.
  
Screaming in agony and pleading for his life, he said, "T-thank you” I said with a smirk on my face, "I didn't say you’d live, I said I forgive you for treating me like trash all this time, but I didn't forgive you for every time you insulted my mother, the only person I cared about ever." It was enjoyable. I offered him hope only to crush it later.
“Please understand that I was joking. How much cash do you need? I'll give it to you". Jack was desperately attempting to survive, "Just let me live."

 

He was a very strong, huge man, and I was just a kid. Despite his best efforts, he was powerless against the monster I was. I laughed as I grabbed hold of his neck and began choking him.

 

"I can no longer live a normal life, but anyone is responsible for forcing me to live such a life will pay, and you Jack will be the first," I said.

 

Since I was having too much fun to be concerned about what was occurring, I simply remarked that it was all just a dream or something I would worry about later. For the time being, I would just enjoy it.

When a powerful light suddenly erupted from the sky and blinded me, everything went completely crazy. I dropped the half-dead Jack and felt weak.

 

“Humans! I am the god, and today is the day of your judgment. You will depart for your new world, Eden, as this one is no longer habitable. Everyone in the world could hear a voice that seemed like it was coming from inside their own heads.

 

Already experiencing enough strangeness, I could take bullets without getting injured. I won't be as shocked if I see something similar to a deity; after all, it was just a dream for me.
When I looked at Jack, he was disappearing. “NO!" Before punching him, I screamed, but he was already gone, like a ghost being transported to a different planet. ‘Why had nothing occurred to me’?

 

The world was ending, there were planes falling and vehicle explosions, and I was the only person, as I wandered alone through the streets.

 

“I'm one of the primal gods, and I grant permission for the transition to begin. The planet will be remade for the upcoming tournament. This will be transition number 137. Good luck to all participants.
"God! you're real then". I grinned Finally, I've found a purpose. And was capable of feeling. Angry and happy. Something like this was excellent for someone who never feels anything, and I yearned for more! And plenty was on the way.

 

2