CHAPTER 2: a new world.
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: the new world.

Aeon

Upon opening my eyes, a person in front of me said, " I can't believe you almost died before the transition even takes place."   He continued. "That would have been a major issue for me if I did unleash your powers a little early."

The darkness prevented me from recognizing him. "Who are you?" I questioned trying to approach him so I could see his face. "I am the god of dragons, as they call Me." he responded. “Were you the one who teleported everyone with that whackjob Jack before I could kill him?" I demanded in a threatening manner.  He said. “I won't say I don’t have a hand in it" 
He remained silent for a time before starting to speak. "I am the one who granted you those new powers, I want you to use them and put on a good show for me, I'll be watching you like always," I yelled in frustration, "A good show?" I swiftly lifted my hand to hit him without any hesitation. However, I felt a strong pressure, though, and it knocked me to my knees and made me feel weak and lightheaded. I tried to attack because I've always blamed everything that has happened to me to my bad luck and my own mistakes, but it was someone else's responsibility. A cruel god was watching me without giving me the smallest help, perhaps he was the one who actually put all those misfortunes I got in my way.  
“Haha!” he laughed to finally relieve me of his pressure, he stated, "I expected you to be this aggressive, but you need to preserve this for what's to come, you are going to need it”. He stated before starting to vanish.
I wasn’t taken his words seriously, until I felt the pressure he emitted by his presence, “This is not a joke; is that the presence of a god?” I remarked as I attempted to turn to face him; he was smiling!
‘Was it a nightmare?’ I wondered if I'd wake up and see Lia's face alongside me, realizing that everything was only a dream. Instead, I woke up in the middle of a forest, I was lying on the ground and staring at the trees that were blocking the sunshine from reaching me.

 

I was trying to put what had occurred thus far in order while lying on the ground. My day was quite chaotic.
Jack betrayed me; he used me as bait to capture the blackmailers. The abilities I acquired from the person he referred to himself as the "god of dragons" ultimately allowed me to destroy Jack’s men and the blackmailers all by myself. Everyone was then transferred to another world, but not me. Until the point when I passed out and woke up in that pitch-black room with that god.

 

Buzz!

 

I observed a fly the size of a frog with a sword-shaped nose that just made my hand its landing, 

“What in the actual fuck is that.” I screamed, slapping the fly away. As I turned to look around, the fly appeared somewhat normal in comparison to what I saw next. I saw what appeared to be a wolf-like flying creature with wooden wings that had leaves sprouting from it like a living tree. Fortunately, the beast did not attack me as I set out to leave the forest and reach a typical human village.

 

I spent hours walking and became hungry and thirsty. I hid among some bushes after spotting another strange thing in the distance. My perspective made the creature resemble a gazelle.
It was munching on the grass when I snuck up behind it, armed only with my bare fists. He turned to face me when I was close enough to attack; his head was not that of a gazelle, but rather that of a horse with horns. 
I didn't care; all I needed was something to eat, and it appeared to be suitable. It didn't move as it stared at me giving me chills. My strategy was to just beat it to death, build a fire, and eat. I stopped moving and grabbed my ears as the gazelle opened its jaws and roared so loudly. It was gone when it eventually ended.

 

As I lay on the ground, exhausted and hungry. Finally, I could see someone approaching me: "The voice came from here, it must still be around here somewhere.” the incoming people said.
“Hey over here," I yelled while standing up.

“I'm so glad you found me.” Three individuals arrived, but they weren't normal people. The three of them had pointed teeth and sharp-like cat eye’s pupils. 
But the person leading them had a red horn on his forehead, which was incredibly strange. He was wearing a sword on his belt, but the other two were carrying bows.
I attempted to worry about the details, but I was too hungry. Perhaps they were just cultists hunting or something.

 

'I've been saved'
 "where the hell are we?"  I said attempting to approach them, but they looked at me in an odd way.

 

I yelled, "Aaah! “ My right arm was struck by an arrow, I believed that my skin is tough, but the arrow pierced it.
I collapsed after receiving the arrow and the shooter said, "It's our fortunate day, it's a Tranhilyan.”
“ How is this possible? Stray Tranhilyans are extinct”. The person with the horn said before drawing his sword from its sheath while the other two were using bows. "It doesn't matter, we will earn a great prize for delivering him regardless”.

 

They started shooting those none ordinary arrows; they were glowing, and if they hit me in the right spot, they could kill me. "Hey there is a misunderstanding here, can we talk please?" I said as I fled, hiding in trees.

 

They were negotiating what to do with me. "He can talk, and he is fast, it would be a waste to kill him, he is more valuable alive.”

 

I halted, turning around to face them, and said, "Okay, no more chatting." I removed the arrow that was lodged in my right arm; it hurts, but I'm not the type to stop thinking because of the pain.
I launched the arrow towards the leader with all my strength using only my hands, but he managed to avoid it. Unlike the one who was behind him, he got hit with the arrow directly to his chest. 

 

Maybe my skin isn't so tough, but even for these guys, my strength was exceptional.

In between the woods, the person with the horn got out of my field of view. I turned after feeling something behind me. It was His sword, enraged with flames I could feel the heat it was emitting allowing me to react in time.
 I could hear him whisper "fire magic: fire slash." Unleashing a swing with his sword, If I didn't use my right arm to slow his sword a bit, I was going to lose my head, but it wasn't a great idea. My arm was severed from my shoulder.

 

He moved away, leaving me soaked in blood and staring at my own hand that was no longer attached to my body.
He remarked putting his blade back in its scabbard, "he is not a normal Tranhilyan, my sword didn't cut him easy, and his fire resistance is fairly good."
" But he murdered one of us!"  The person with the bow murmured.
Firing an arrow beside me, causing several plants to curl around me and prevent my movement.

 

My vision was becoming blurry, and I was losing too much blood.

Bang!
I heard a voice like a gunshot.

The person carrying a bow was shot to the ground. And the person with the horn took his sword out of its sheath to look for the fire's source when he was shot in the shoulder; he then turned and fled.

 

All I could remember before passing out was that.

0