3 Mods
3.9k 10 169
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the stream ended, Hunter got to looking at costumes online. He quickly found a premade costume available on Amazon. It seemed okay, but the fabric looked kinda thin, flimsy and overly shiny, and they were charging $60 for it!  That was, like, an entire Triple-A game! Also, it was listed as being a women’s costume, even though it was based on an outfit worn by a male character? So would it be crossdressing if a woman wore this? Or does it cancel out because Link was crossdressing? Lol this is getting into like Shakespeare play levels of recursive gender.

Honestly, that wasn’t super in his budget. That was more than the total amount he made from Twitch in a month, and he only got that money every other month because they had some stupid policy where you only got paid once you’d earned $100. And he made maybe $190 every other week from his part-time fast food job, which as a fun side effect made him incredibly miserable. So in total he made an average of about $430 a month, and didn’t super want to spend about 15% of that on a shitty costume.

Maybe he could make his own costume? He looked up sewing machines and fuck were they expensive. All of the good ones were at least $80, and any cheaper than that could basically only do repairs. So that was out.

Etsy? He checked and JESUS CHRIST $440 dollars for a cosplay outfit. Y I K E.

Well, fuck. A promise was a promise, and it didn’t seem like he was gonna do any better than the mediocre Amazon one. He was about to click to buy it when he had another potential idea.

 

BigGoron5: @here this is kinda a long shot but are any of you in the LA area and know anything about cosplay/sewing

A moment later, his phone buzzed.

 

melsalvia: @BigGoron5 I’m in the area but idk stuff about cosplay but i have a friend who does!

melsalvia: do you want me to ask them

BigGoron5: @melsalvia if that’s not too much trouble then that would be great actually, yeah!

 

Well, that was hopefully one problem solved. He suddenly remembered another one: finding moderators for his chat. He opened the form he’d send out and looked at the responses.

Unsurprisingly, there weren’t very many submissions--only three total, from EastlySnipes, melsalvia, and trans_rites. He started reading through their answers.

Eastly had been watching the stream for the longest, followed by Mel and then by Rites in a distant third. Eastly said he’d moderated a retro gaming forum before, while Mel had no experience and Rites was currently moderating two Discord servers.

Eh, three moderators was a reasonable number, right? That way if they ever had a disagreement there couldn’t be a tie. He decided to message the three of them as a group.

BigGoron5: Hey congrats you’re now my mods! Just gave u the role on both twitch and the discord. lmk if you have any questions

Let’s see, was there anything else he needed to do? Oh fuck, right, he’d promised he’d do Omegle pranks at 40 subs.

For research, he went and watched a few existing Omegle/ChatRoulette prank videos. Honestly, a lot of them seemed pretty dumb and pointless. Like, wow, you got to mildly embarrass a guy with his dick out when you revealed you were also a guy. Hilarious, if you were a comedy from the mid-2000s.

But who was he to defy the will of the people? Democracy, baybee. He sighed and opened his calendar. Maybe he could move the Wednesday Minecraft run to Thursday, and skip the usual variety content on Saturday?...

 

169