Ch 3 – Expansion
216 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terrance came and went many times before I saw Mira again. I wasn’t sure why that was but quite often he asked me if I had delivered his message, and each time I shook my head in response. Besides that, each day was uneventful, not unlike so many other blurry days.

But finally, the door opened and Mira came inside. I was excited at the idea of finally completing my new task, the first one had been difficult for me, but I was pretty certain that this time it wouldn’t be so hard, I had already done something similar once, so doing it again wouldn’t be that hard, or at least I thought so.

But to my surprise, Mira didn’t come talk to me, she instead ran off to the other side of the room, and I found that she was talking to another I’d yet to see. I briefly glanced at his name, which was Tidal. However, beyond that, I waited. I considered walking over to them, but I was pretty sure I was supposed to stay behind the counter. Now I had left once before, but that was a special case as I’d never been waiting alone for that long.

So I waited, and they chatted about something at a table on the other side of the room. I wondered idly why there were so many of those tables. I’d seen Terrance sit at them before, but the room was full of them, and I only knew of four people that came to the Mirana Guild Hall, and two of them were sitting in the room at that very moment.

I did what I was supposed to do and waited. Much to my disappointment, the two didn’t speak with me at all before they left separately.

The next day Terrance returned he approached me and I spoke, “Welcome back to the Mirana Guild Hall.”

“So? Did you deliver the message?” Terrance asked.

I shook my head as I had so many times before.

“Dammit, what's taking so long…” he grumbled in clear agitation.

“She did visit yesterday.” I said hoping that would help.

Terrance glanced back at me, “How come you didn’t tell her then?” He didn’t seem angry, more curious than anything.

It took a moment for me to come up with a clear answer to that, certainly, I could have told her, but I didn’t. “She didn’t speak with me.”

Terrance blinked, “Oh? Is that… wait, you always talk to me when I come in.”

“I greet you when you approach.” I asserted.

“Right… Obviously. Well, next time you see her just go talk to her, It's important!” Terrance grumbled.

I nodded my response.

Terrance sighed to himself before saying, “Sell.” After that, I handed him his coppers, and he quickly left.

The door opened and I was surprised to see Not Terrance or Mira, but Kervick. He approached, and as I usually did I greeted him, “Welcome back to Mirana Guild Hall.”

“Huh, you remember I’ve been here before?” He asked.

I nodded my reply.

“Weird detail.” he noted before saying, “Quests.”

As was usual I listed them off, he accepted one, and then he glanced back at me. “By the way, where is the farm?”

I wasn’t sure what he meant, “Which farm?”

“Duh, the farm for the quest.” He replied.

I hadn’t really paid attention to quests. I just read them like I was supposed to. So I spent a moment accessing the quests again, however, I didn’t see the quest he had accepted. “The quest you accepted isn’t available anymore.” I replied, trying to relay the problem.

“Well duh, I already have it, I don’t want to accept it again, when did I ever say that?” Kervick said.

“My apologies, I was simply trying to access the description.” I replied.

Kervick gave me a strange look, “Ok… Well whatever, there's probably a waypoint on the map somewhere...” Before he went to leave.

The next day Terrance stopped by again, though he simply accessed the sell action.

The day after that, Mira arrived once again. This time she came straight over to me and so I greeted her, “Welcome back to Mirana Guild Hall.”

“Quests.” Mira replied.

“Before that, I have a message for you.” I replied.

Mira blinked, “Wait, what? A special event?” She seemed excited.

“Suck my dick.” I supplied.

“W- Wh- What!?” Mira replied clearly exacerbated by that message. She leaned over the counter, “You’ve got a dick? Damn Basons got some classy taste.” She said, reaching toward me.

I automatically stepped back, “What are you doing?” I supplied it as the dialog prompt was issued.

“Eh? I was checking out your… Wait, who was that message from?” Mira asked, suddenly realizing something.

“Terrance. He replied to your message when I gave it to him.” I replied.

“Oh! That worked then. I feel like a complete idiot thinking a Guild NPC was coming on to me… This isn’t a reward quest!” She knocked herself on the head with a fist, “Whatever, can you deliver messages to anyone?”

I wasn’t sure how to reply to that. So I simply frowned.

“Ok…. How about this, the next person that walks in that door, instead of greeting them like you usually do, give them a big kiss.” Mira offered.

I looked down at the counter, but I recalled that Mira had leaned over it, perhaps I could do that. It seemed possible, so I nodded my response.

Mira grinned sitting on a bar stool and waiting.

However, after a short time she yelled, “Hey, you didn’t do anything!”

I looked at Mira, “No one else has come in.”

Mira frowned, “You didn’t see him?”

I shook my head in reply, not sure what she was referring to.

Mira snorted, “So much for my entertainment.” She pouted, “See ya guild girl.” she said walking out the door.

 

DM: Terrance & Mira

Terrance: Hey Mira, are you busy later?

Mira: I already know what you want.

Terrance: What?

Mira: I think it’s pretty clear.

Terrance: Well if that's what you are saying, I remember it being distinctly opaque, tan and curvy.

Mira: *eye roll* 

Mira: I think I should stop messing around with players in the game.

Terrance: Huh?

Terrance: What’s up with that?

Mira: It's… I think it's a bit too real.

Terrance: Isn’t that part of the fun?

Mira: It is… Was… But I’m not sure it's good for my real life relationship to be doing things like that with other people.

Terrance: You have a RL boyfriend?

Mira: Yeah…

Terrance: Well thanks for telling me…

Mira: I didn’t think it was relevant.

Terrance: But you suddenly did now?

Mira: Whatever, I just think it's better if I stop doing that stuff.

Terrance: Alright...

Mira: What?

Terrance: What do you mean what?

Mira: You clearly typed those dots for a reason.

Terrance: You’ve made your position clear, and for the record I thought you were making a suggestion.

Mira: Sure you were.

Terrance: What the hell crawled up your ass?

Mira: Nothing crawled up my ass, It's just obvious what you were really after is all.

Terrance: You fucking pull this shit after we’ve been doing this for weeks? Then suddenly you get all weird about it? If you wanted to stop that would be fine, but now you’ve made it all weird, and besides that I’d appreciate it if you didn't assign intention to my actions based on your own half baked theories.

Mira: I wasn’t trying to make it weird!

Mira: Besides; you yourself admitted your intention!

Terrance: Well you did, and now I’ve got that shit on my conscience.

Terrance: HAH! Yeah imagine my surprise when the woman I’ve been fucking suggests that we fuck?! Then when I decide that might be fine too she gets all weird about it and start fucking guilt tripping me with her RL Relationship? I’m not subscribing to your brand of bullshit!

Mira: Maybe it would be better if we just go our separate ways.

Terrance: Done. [ Terrance Has Blocked Mira ]

14