Chapter 3; Kobayashi Kiyomi. Part-1
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Content Warning. In the following chapter, not just parts, there will be scenes some readers may find... disturbing.

Part-1 is pretty safe, containing short references to slavery and sexual assault. Part-2... There will be a much needed content warning on part two.

End of Warning. You've been warned. Have a cookie! ~( ̄▽ ̄)~🍪

 



 

Streaks of red scatter across the clouded sky as the late afternoon turns to night, a gentle warm breeze brushing up against vibrant green leaves of a row of old tall trees along a neat and clean cobble road.

It is a week before Zen would be summoned by Enya.
Dark shadows filled the ground as the sun set low upon the horizon. Dark shadows grow deep within the canapé of leaves, hiding a small figure in the darkness.

Cloaked in black, the figures eyes glow with a faint white light in response to her whispered voice as she enacts a skill common to the rouge class of magic. “Rogues Sight.”

Skills didn’t really require one to speak the name of, but it helped with the activation.

She tree she has pouched herself upon, stands along a high stone built wall, she looks over into the estate garden beyond, her sight enhanced, brightening to every detail possible within.

She sees many people inside the garden, but her target sits in the centre. His large body relaxes on a highly decorated gold leaf wooden chair, surrounded by many female servants. However, looking closer at those woman, slim metal chains decorate their thin angles, while their dress was but a simple, revealing cloth that hung over their shoulders.

Slaves, she thought in disgust.

The man was only wearing a simple silken robe, his large stature barely contained in the struggling chair he sat on. He laughs, holding a glass of red wine in one hand, while ‘playing’ with one of his female slaves with the other hand as he stares at the others terrified women with a distorted smirk. Making his already ugly appearance, even more hideous.

For anyone to see this man, it was obvious he was a man that indulged in many things. Greed, food and woman, his ugliness was deeper than skin.

Target located.

Apart from the woman with her target, there are several men stationed at multiple sections of the large garden. Patrolling near the walls and gates, and out of sight of the man in question.

They didn’t wear the standard armour of a guard, that mostly consisted of plate armour to some degree. These men all wore a variety of leather armour, their weapons was a mix of swords, axes and bows.

Bandits? No, Mercenaries… the difference between the two wasn’t as large as it probably should be, most mercenaries are confused as Bandits after all. After a quick head count of what she could see, counting twelve in total, knowing there are probably a lot more she couldn’t see at the moment.

A scream catches her attention coming from the centre of the garden, the large ugly man had struck the girl he was ‘playing’ with.

She grits her teeth in anger, but quickly composes herself. She waits, watching the scene play out, she notes all the girls had been tied together with chains connected to their angles, there was no escape for them.

She reaches into her pouch on her leg, pulling out a small, all metal knife with a hoop as its handle.

He’s about two hundred feet away, it’s a long shot, however… she glances around the vibrant garden once more, no choice, assignment was clear, I cannot be seen and the calling card must be found on his body. I have to use skills to ensure effective range.

The maximum effective range of a throwing knife is one hundred and fifty feet, a challenging throw most couldn’t accomplish with accuracy, if she was a normal human, this would be impossible.

She clicks her tongue in annoyance, pulling out a small card attached to a single line of thick string. Written with thick black ink was the jumpiness characters, [見えない月].

She ties the card to the knife, sighing as she’s careful not to cut herself upon the razor sharp edge of the blade.

Poison isn’t my style, but it is too risky to enter the garden. She grits her teeth once again as another scream is heard. “Yurushite,” she whispered in Japanese.

She leaps over to another tree, higher up with a gap in the leaves, the sunlight continues to fade, shining on her tight fitting ninja like outfit, black cloth tightly wraps around her upper chest to her face and head, with only her eyes visible beneath her jet black hair stuffed under a tightly bound hood.

Black, light weight flexible leather armour strapped around her body, with small bits of armour on her legs and arms above the skin-tight black outfit, fingerless gloves cover her small hands. Every aspect of her clothes designed for ease of movement, flexible, stretchy material that has very little in way of wasted use.

Despite this, she feels extremely uncomfortable in these clothes, feeling even more exposed when wearing it then her normal, cotton clothes.

She looks down at the cobble path that follows along the wall outside the estate garden, her eyes fading away from her ‘Rogues Sight’ skill being discontinued, revealing her emerald eyes.

Her eyes close as she prepares herself, stabilising her breath. “Rogue’s Reflex, Rogue’s Luck, Rogue’s Sight, Pre-emptive Vision,” she whispered, with each skill activated, a faint light appears around her body, her eyes open, shining brightly.

She looks back at the man, seeing him clearly. Thanks to her rogues skills, she can feel the perfect angle she needs, her body becomes light thanks to the reflex skill, her vision shows details and the perfect time to strike thanks to her sight skill and pre-emptive vision skill.

She jumps, shifting her body in the air, thanks to her luck skill, she knows when to release the knife. At the peak of her jump, she releases the knife from her hand in a quick throw into the air.

Travelling at a blistering speed, cutting through the air with little resistance. The small knife enters the chest of the man, passing over the shoulder of the woman in front of him.

She watches until the last moment before dropping below the tall brick wall, seeing the man recoil back in his seat from the impact.

“Assassination… complete,” she whispered. She gently lands onto the cobble path, making no sounds. A short moment passes before a loud, terror filled scream is heard.

Her skills deactivate, her eyes returning to normal.

“Gomen nasai,” She whispered in Japanese. Her apology directed at the young girl, who will probably take the blame for this… at least at first until her calling card is discovered, “Stealth, Quick Step,” her eyes open with intensity, vanishing from the spot, leaving no trace she was ever there.

 



 

Hello Everyone! ヾ(•ω•`)o

It's chapter 2! A new character, one of my favs, 🐱‍👤I hope you enjoyed! \( ̄︶ ̄*\))

Anyway, next part will come in about a week, simply so I can catch up on the project. I know the content warning at the beginning of this chapter wasn't exactly necessary, however, there are some scenes in the next part that it is required. I thought it best to mention it at the very beginning of the chapter as a whole.

Thanks for reading! Until next time, no assassinating anything until then! Have a cookie instead! -(* ̄3 ̄)╭🍪

Bye bye, 🐱‍👤

0