7.
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since then we only meet at events or family dinners. I finished my degree in medicine and had started working at a base in Beijing. Life was quite peaceful there until that explosion. It was a terrorist attack, nobody expected it. An hotel was seized by China`s enemies.

I was in that hotel at that time, eating with my colleagues. I still don`t remember why I chose that place, maybe because it had the same name as you, then gunshots started to be heard. I faint remember hurriedly contacting the police but at that time I knew, we all knew that tomorrow we may no longer be.

I still remember the bloody screams, the fear I felt at that time, their cold, unfeeling eyes as they killed everyone that opposed be it kid or adult and all I could do was stare. I tried taking care of one of my friends that was shot, he was rapidly losing blood but I could not do anything more than strap his wound. I always thought that I would be  prepared for a day like this, but it seems I was mistaken. I am a human afterall, what could one expect more? 

"You, stop that or I shoot you!!" Someone from the enemy camp saw my actions, he was pointing his gun at me and I swear that he was really going to shoot me, when the sirens were finally heard and the muzzle was turned in another direction. I really felt that God was with me even at that time.

The police was trying to talk to them, the military was involved too. But to no avail.

Their motto seemed to be. 'If we die, you all die too'.

I recall seeing the head of the group with a bomb and not ready to negotiate. Everything seems blurry in my head after that.

How I survived, only God knows and I am forever grateful to Him.

1