Chapter 4 – Magic – Updated
310 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author note

I have made some minor changes to this chapter. I plan to come back and rewrite some of these earlier chapters in the future, once I have gotten better at writing.


“sigh”

“Fine I will teach you magic”

“You will”

“That’s what said”

I can learn magic. I have never felt this happy in my life.

“Do you know what the three main types of magic are?”

“No”

“sigh”

“This is going to take a while. The three main types of magic are elemental, spiritual and soul magic.”

As he is explaining I am listening intently to every word to learn all I can about magic.

“Elemental magic is the control of the four basic elements fire, water, earth and wind. Everyone has different elements they can control. For most races, the limit is usually one but for humans, they can control two. This is because the other races already have two other types of magic they can use naturally and specialise in. For example, Vampires specialise in blood magic and dark magic and then can have one elemental magic.”

That means everyone is capable of knowing and using three different types of magic, but every race has magic that is not one of the basic elements that they are born with. However, humans can learn two of the basic elements as they are only born with one type of magic.

“spiritual magic has three different types light, grey and dark. Dark magic is what vampires are born with and is the most useful it is also the hardest to learn. Dark magic is used mostly for attacking and healing. Light magic is what humans specialise in and is the least useful of the three, it is only useful for creating light and purifying the undead which is not very common. Finally Grey magic is what all elves specialise in and is a combination of dark and light magic.”

“Does grey magic do everything that light and dark magic does?”

“Grey magic can do everything that light and dark does but it is not as powerful.”

Grey magic is more versatile than light or dark but hasn’t got the same power.

“lastly soul magic. Soul magic is the most common type of magic that can take a solid form. Everyone gets soul magic on their twentieth birthday. Soul magic creates a physical object that represents the person soul. This can be anything from a sword to a frying pan. Usually, these soul items have some unique magical ability. Rarely some people will have two soul items but this is very rare.”

That is interesting so every person has at least one item that represents their soul once they reach twenty. Does this mean you can tell someone's personality through their soul item?

“Do you want to try some magic?”

“Yes”

I say while eagerly nodding. Wolfram sits down and gestures for me to do the same.

“Give me your hand so I can show what magic feels like.”

Nodding I hold out my hand and he takes it after a few seconds I start to feel a tingling feeling. Is this magic?

“Can you feel it”

I answer his question by nodding

“Good that’s magic energy once you know how to control it I can start to teach you magic. Try controlling the energy yourself.”

I try to control the magical energy inside me. Closing my eyes I concentrate on that feeling again, trying to replicate it.

“Good. Now take a deep breath and breath out continue that and focus on that feeling you felt before.”

Repeating what he said I continued until I could feel the energy within me.

“I can feel it”

Opening my eyes I see that Wolfram has started a small fire and is cooking.

“Finally. It took you longer than normal.”

“How long did I take?”

“It took you five hours. It usually takes no longer than two hours.”

It took five hours it felt like five minutes.

“Am I ready to learn magic now?”

“No, you need to continue practising your control. Once we get back to the town you can unlock your soul item, it’s dangerous to do it here.”

He told me while handing me a bowl of stew.

That’s disappointing but it makes sense. I can’t wait to unlock my soul item though, this reminded me that we are in the middle of a desert.

After eating and clearing everything away I ask.

“How far is it to the town?”

“Walking from here about three days with magic about one day.”

That didn’t sound too bad.

“Which way is it?”

“It’s to the east”

Wolfram said that while pointing east.

Turning to the east I start walking and excitedly shout.

“let’s go”

Let's start my adventure in this new world.

Is this to much information in one chapter?
  • Yes. Votes: 4 12.5%
  • No. Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Just the right amount. Votes: 11 34.4%
Total voters: 32
17