Chapter 7 – Appearance and soul awakening.
223 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking into the mirror I see my new appearance for the first time.

From walking around the town and now seeing my self I can estimate myself to be around six foot.
I have long silver hair that transitions to gold halfway through that goes down to my waist. I have long ears like an elf’s but not as long and my eyes are purple.

I am currently wearing a simple brown medieval style tunic with black sleeves and matching brown trousers.

All of this is normal and almost the same as humans. What stands out the most is my horns. I have four of them like my hair they start silver and end in gold. Two of my horns are on the front f my head curving upward. The other two are on the side of my head and they horizontally point forwards. These are going to take some getting used to.

If what Wolfram said is true the gold in my hair and on my horns means I am a royal vampire. What does that mean though? I can walk in the sun and Wolfram said I am powerful. Does that mean I have more powerful magic, if I do how does Wolfram know? I will have to ask him the next time I see him.

Thinking about it don’t vampires usually have fangs? Moving closer to the mirror I look at my teeth there I see two fangs on the top row of my teeth. What are these for? Do I use them to drink blood?

 

Deciding not to think about it for now I head to bed even though it is still early morning. We travelled throughout the night without rest. Sitting on the bed I find that it is quite comfy. Are all the beds like this or is it because I am a royal vampire?

Moving under the blanket I start to fall asleep.

Waking up and getting out of bed I look out the window guessing by the position of the sun it looks to be about midday.

Leaving my room I walk towards the reception. Going through the door I see that there are not many people currently here. They all must be working.

Looking towards the reception desk I see Ayako who has just finished helping an adventurer.

“Hello Ayako.”(E)

“Ah your awake I have been waiting for you.”(A)

“you have? Did you need something.”(E)

“Yes, Wolfram requested that I help you with awakening your soul item.”(A)

“Awakening?”(E)

“Yes, that’s what it is called when you get your soul item.”(A)

“Wolfram did not mention that”(E)

“Wolfram forgets to mention a lot of things that are not directly related to his job, he doesn’t like distractions. Now follow me.”(A)

Following Ayako, we go through a side door to an outside area that looks like a Hexagonal arena. Still following Ayako we move to one corner of the arena. The area we move over to has multiple circles with writing in them.

“Please stand in the centre of the circle.”(A)

Doing as she said I move into the centre of the circle. As I turn around I see Ayako standing at the edge of the circle holding out her hands.

“I’m going to start now”(A)

As she says that the circle begins to glow soon after glowing chains come out of the circle and wrap around me.

“This a safety precaution some races accept soul-awakening easily while others can lose control and start destroying everything around them. Vampires are the latter. Are you ready?”(A)

I nod in response while taking a deep breath.

“Focus on your magic and follow it to its source. Tell me what you see.”(A)

closing my eyes I focus on my magic I see that it is like a wire throughout my body. Following it I find the centre which looks to be a ball of odd magical energy. It is unlike any magical energy I have felt before however, I haven't felt much magical energy before anyway. Around the ball of magical energy is what looks like a net with a large knot holding it on. I tell Ayako what I see.

“Good, Now focus on trying to untie the knot. Be careful this might hurt a bit.”(A)

Focusing on the knot I imagine it untying. After imagining this for a few minutes it began to untie. As it did I felt a surge of pain shoot through me. It was not as bad as the pain I felt in the darkness but it still hurt a lot. The knot untied again another surge of pain.

Every time the knot untied more there would be a surge of pain that would shoot through me. This repeated another fifteen times.

As the knot finally untied itself I see the net fall of the ball of magical energy. The energy starts to move around and try to find a way out of my body.

“Don’t fight it let it come out naturally.”(A)

Opening my eyes I can that Ayako is keeping the spell active.

As I feel the energy leaving me there is a bright rainbow light that comes out of my body in a spiral pattern moving towards my hands.

Holding my hands outwards I can feel something forming on each hand. Are there two of them? But isn’t that very rare? The clearer the form the light is taking the more excited I get.

What will my soul items be?


Author Note

The next chapter will likely introduce the method of army building.

I have created a discord server if you are interested (I think I set it up correctly) https://discord.gg/qBf55FFP

Here is a quick picture I made of Eirisse in Charate https://charat.me/. It is not completely accurate. (Imagine two more horns) I will draw a more accurate picture in the future.


 

16