Chapter 18 – Uniform
264 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half an hour later we have moved the wounded into a hospital.

We are now moving the lorries to a better location out of the town centre. As we move through the town we are still getting people looking at us like they don’t want us here.

We stop in front of the inn we are going to be staying in. the corporal and I get off the lorry and enter the inn. Inside there are round tables with four chairs around each and at the back against the wall is the bar counter. It is also where I assume you can get rooms. Behind the counter is a man who looks to be in his thirties but as an elf, he could be a lot older.

“Hello Vulmar told us that there should be rooms available for us here.”(E)

The in keeper stops what he is doing and looks up at me.

“So its you then. There are rooms available two single rooms and four three three-bed bedrooms they’re upstairs.”(Innkeeper)

The innkeeper hands me the keys and then gets back to what he was doing.

 Leaving the counter I walk upstairs to find the rooms with the corporal following behind. Each door and key has a number on it. I open the door to the first room. Inside is a single bed, a desk and chair, a wardrobe and a window. The other single room is the same and the three bedrooms are the same but with two more beds.

The single rooms must be for me and the corporal. I hand the corporal the key to his room then I enter my room and lock the door.

I go to sit on the bed and open the book to officers equipment.

Uniform – 3 – 10PP

Webley revolver – 5PP

Swagger stick – 5PP

Binoculars – 5PP

Trench whistle – 2PP

Tea leaves – 5PP

Tea set – 10PP

I currently have one hundred and twenty three procurement points but I want to save as many as possible to buy new units so that I can build a base. I will buy them later when I have an area prepared for the base. What I mostly need at the moment is the uniform as I need both new clothes and something to show that I am the leader. It also doesn’t help that I am the only one who isn’t wearing a uniform.

You have purchased one officer's uniform. 3 procurement points have been deducted. Please wait 10 minutes for it to arrive. I continue to look at my options while waiting for my uniform to arrive.

Knock knock knock

“Ma’am your uniform has arrived.”(V)

Opening the door there is the corporal with my uniform.

“thank you, corporal”(E)

I take the uniform and the corporal leaves.

After putting the uniform on I look at myself in the mirror that is in the wardrobe.

The uniform has a ww1 British style to it. It is similar to the uniform the rest of the soldiers wear except it has three chevrons on the left sleeve similar to how the corporal has two chevrons. On the right shoulder is the same coat or arms the others have.

Unlike what I thought the uniform is easy to put on and is not that uncomfortable. The hardest part to put on and get used to is the putties as I have never worn anything like it before. There is a harness that goes over the uniform that has pouches to put ammo in and can be used to attach a bayonet and revolver holder onto. There is also a bag on the back of the harness and two bags that go over the shoulders.

After looking at myself in the mirror I sit down at the desk to start planning what to do with the base I am going to build.

Announcement

Discord - https://discord.gg/qBf55FFP

My other books

Twins of balance | Scribble Hub

Reincarnated as the Emperors talons | Scribble Hub

8