Oneshot
80 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Joe got into a prestigious university overseas (albeit through the power of money), and was excited at finally living alone in apartment, away from his nagging maids. He moved in with the help of some maids, who organized and cleaned the room for him, and he was finally alone. He spent the afternoon browsing through random novels, until it was time for dinner. He was just reading a novel about cooking in another world, and in the latest chapter, the main character was making chicken noodles soup.

Joe thought, “Perfect, I shall cook chicken soup for dinner tonight!”

Joe went to the grocery store in his Rolls Royce and bought chicken, carrots, celery, and pasta. He excitedly drove home with the ingredients, and then realized that he had never actually seen anyone cook before.

“If my uneducated, plebeian maids can cook, surely the great me can easily do it! Who needs a recipe when I am blessed with my innate talent? Those cooking novels surely are enough for me!”

Joe thought to what the main character did in the novel. “Let’s see, she first boiled water in a pot, and then finely diced the carrots and celery. I think she then threw everything in the boiling water and let it stew for an hour? Afterwards, serve into bowls and watch everyone who tastes it scream ‘UMAI’ or’ OISHII’ or something.”

Joe was an impatient man, so he decided to get his pressure cooker in lieu of a standard pot. He tried to imitate the main character and finely dice the carrots and celery, but after nearly cutting his finger, he gave up and just cut them four times, which was enough to comfortable throw them in the pot. He then took the chicken out of the plastic packaging and threw that in the pot. Finally, he opened the bag of pasta and also dumped that in the pot.

“Perfect! Now to add water and heat everything up. Oh wait, I probably should have washed the vegetables first. Oh well, the heat will kill all the germs, right? No problem.”

Joe filled the pressure cooker to the brim with water, and then screwed on the lid. He then realized that the apartment came with an electric stove and he wasn’t sure if his pressure cooker actually would work on one.

“No problem, I just need to heat up the water somehow. Let me just put this pressure cooker in the oven. It’ll get the job done. Let’s see, the highest this oven can go is 450, so let’s do that to save time. Alright pot's in the oven, now all I need to do is wait and I’ll have me some nice chicken noodle soup!”

Joe then headed back to his computer, putting on his headphones and began playing a construction, management and political simulation game. Naturally, he made himself dictator for life and enjoyed causing his citizens to suffer long hours and little pay. He got so into the game that he completely forgot about the soup in the oven, until the soup decided to remind him of its existence.

An explosion rang out in his apartment, with hot water and food bits flying out of the oven door that burst open. Joe yelled at the maids to clean up the mess and then realized that he was alone.

Well, I guess it’s time to go to a restaurant to eat,” Joe thought as he speed-dialed his maid to come clean up the mess. "Where did I go wrong?"

6