Chapter 7: as soon as I saw you, I was in awe~
494 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lidia’s lips were pink in color. It looked plump and glossy, maybe from some kind of lipstick.

 

‘Damn, I wanna kiss those lips,’ I thought.

 

Wait, how the hell did I even have a thought like that? Was this the system’s influence?

 

The red devil on my left shoulder said, “Hihihihi~ It’s not the system, you fool. This is all you~”

 

‘Oh shit! Where the hell did you come from?’

 

The angel on my right shoulder said, “That’s right, you meanie. Stop harassing him.”

 

‘Oh? You’re here as well? Thanks so much for defending me.’

 

The angel on my right shoulder said, “You’re welcome. Though, I have to agree with Devil-san on this one. Don’t blame the system, my dear. This is all you and your desire, alone~”

 

‘No, shit.’ I thought as the devil and angel on my shoulders disappeared.

 

I shook my head and looked at Lidia. Gosh, she looked even more beautiful when I took a closer look like this.

 

But, to kiss her right now would be too much. I might get into trouble afterward. Was there a law against sexual harassment here as well?

 

Then, what should I do? Should I flirt with her and get her in the mood first before going in for a kiss?

 

Yep, that sounded like a better option. 

 

“Hey, Lidia,” I said. “If I go with you, will you go on a date with me tomorrow~?” 

 

Lidia’s eyes widened. 

 

She then just laughed it off. “You’re funny. Don’t joke like that,” she said.

 

I stepped closer to her and looked her right in the eyes. “I’m not joking, though. What do you say~?” I whispered with a smirk.

 

Lidia’s face got slightly red as she averted my eyes. “H-Hey. I told you, didn’t I? Don’t joke like that,” she said in a quiet voice.

 

‘Well, that was fast. Too fast in fact. Is this the power of Passive Skill: Natural Seducer?’ I wondered.

 

I got a little closer to her and whispered into her ear, “Lidia. Will you go on a date with me tomorrow~?”

 

She staggered backward, putting some distance away from me. Her face was redder than before. “W-Well, this is too sudden. T-Tomorrow I’ll have work to do, so I… Um…,” she stuttered.

 

Honestly, this was quite a surprise. Judging by the way she dressed and how pretty she looked, it wasn’t strange for a lot of guys to hit on her. She should have gotten used to it by now.

 

But, she seemed like an inexperienced girl in front of me. How come? Was this the power of my Passive Skill: Natural Seducer?

 

Or maybe, she was really inexperienced with this sort of thing? That’s unlikely, though…. 

 

Was her parents that strict or something?

 

Yeah, that made sense….

 

“It’s a shame. A beautiful girl just approached me right after I arrived in this city, but it seemed like she didn’t like me, huh?” I said with a smirk while looking into her eyes.

 

Lidia averted her eyes again and said, “N-No. I-It’s not like that…I…”

 

“Oh? It’s not? Are you saying that you like me then~?”

 

Lidia quickly turned to look at me, red faced,  and said in a panic, “N-N-No, t-that’s not it. I-I…um… Oh, I know! How about we talk about this once we get to the inn?” 

 

She tried to change the subject and regained a bit of composure after saying that.

 

I nodded with a smile. “Sure,” I said, “lead the way, m’lady~”

 

She turned around and started walking. I followed her.

 

The system screen was still floating in front of me. It’s not gonna disappear on me if I take too long to accept the mission, right? 

 

Damn me, I raised my own flag.

 

Lidia arrived at the entrance of an alleyway and walked in. I followed her quietly.

 

She didn’t say a single word while walking, and neither did I. We were walking in silence. 

 

It was getting kinda awkward but I was already used to staying in silence from all those years alone in my room.

 

The same thing couldn’t be said to Lidia, though, as I saw her shoulders rising up and down slightly. Heck, I could even hear her rough breathing from here.

 

I smiled apologetically. Maybe, I’d help ease the tension a little bit.

 

“Hey, Lidia. Are yo-“

 

*Ding!*

 

The notification sound suddenly rang out, interrupting me. And in front of me, another screen popped up.

 

[WARNING!]

 

[If you do not accept the mission within 30 seconds, the mission will be canceled.]

 

[Accept the mission?]

 

[Yes] [No]

 

“Fuck,” I muttered.

 

“Huh?” Lidia turned around and asked, tilting her head.

 

I looked at her and smiled. “Lidia. What’s the name of the inn?” I said while accepting the mission.

 

“Well, you’ll know once we get there.”

 

“I’m just curious, you know. Maybe I’ve heard about it before.”

 

Lidia laughed. “Nah, that’s unlikely. It’s just a small inn and not that famous. So I don’t think you’ve heard about it before, especially if you’re from another kingdom.”

 

“I see. I still want to know the name, though,” I said while walking closer to her.

 

“Hmm, alright. It’s called SilverWolf.”

 

“I see,” I said and got even closer to her.

 

Lidia stepped back a bit. “H-Hey, why are you getting closer to me…?”

 

I stopped right in front of her. We were but a mere inches apart.

 

“Lidia, as soon as I saw you, I was in awe~” I said in a seductive voice.

 

“W-What do you mean…?” She got nervous and her face went red again.

 

“I came from the countryside and I’ve never seen a girl as cute as you~”

 

Lidia turned to look at me, red faced, and a bitter smile appeared on her face. “Liar. You seem so good at this,” she said while looking down.

 

I took a step closer and put my fingers under her shin, lifting it up. 

 

“Look at me, Lidia. Do I look like I’m lying…?” I whispered and looked her in the eyes.

 

Lidia looked into my eyes, though her face was as red as a ripe tomato. Her eyes were watery as if she was about to cry…

 

There was no response from her, and neither did I say anything. 

 

We looked at each other in silence for what felt like an eternity. 

 

I did also notice Lidia’s breathing getting rougher by the seconds. 

 

“Lidia..,” I whispered.

 

“Y-Yes,” she answered. Her voice became softer than before.

 

Without further ado, I leaned my face closer to her, aiming for a kiss…

 

Damn, Noel. That was cheesy! But I like it~ 😆

 

9