Chapter 6: Just do it!
529 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Modeling agency? Was there such a thing in this world as well? 

 

First it was the train, then the giant robot. This world was getting weirder and weirder.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

Bond smiled. “Like I said, I’m from the StarDust modeling agency. We’re in need of a new model right now. We want a young, tall, handsome, and physically fit youth to become our model. You fit the criteria perfectly. So, what do you say? Are you interested?” he said.

 

Becoming a model, huh? That sounded interesting as well, but I’d just arrived in this world not long ago. So, working with a stranger right away would be too risky. 

 

Hell, this guy could be a fraud for all I know.

 

“Sorry, Mr Bond. I’m not interested.”

 

Bond put his hand in front of me. “Hey there. Don’t be too quick to decide. Think this through carefully. This is a golden opportunity that doesn’t come easily.”

 

“I’m really sorry, but like I said, I’m not intere-“

 

“C’mon,” he interrupted. “Working in this kind of industry will benefit you a lot. For one, it makes tons of money. You can become rich real fast and even gain some fame. Heck, you can even become a legend if you work hard! You’re still young. There are a lot of chances for you to get big. So think this through carefully.”

 

I looked at him in awe. Seriously, this guy was really impressive. He sure knew how to bait someone into working with him. But….

 

I shook my head. “Sorry, Mr Bond. I’m just not interested in this kind of work. Well, at least not right now. Maybe I’ll change my mind afterward, but right now I’m kinda in a hurry. So, bye.”

 

I bid him farewell and walked past him. A couple steps later, I came to a stop. Bond was standing in front of me, blocking my way.

 

“What is it now, Mr Bond? Didn’t you hear what I said? I said I’m in a hurry.”

 

I walked right past him again, and just like last time, he blocked my path again. 

 

Seriously, I started getting annoyed by this guy. I looked him in the eyes and was about to snap at him, when suddenly a white card appeared in my face.

 

“Okay okay, I understand. But you should at least take my business card. Please contact me if you ever change your mind. Remember, this kind of opportunity doesn’t come easi-“

 

“Alright,” I interrupted him and took his business card and walked away quickly.

 

This time he didn’t follow me anymore. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

 

Seriously, my excitement from earlier was now gone, thanks to that guy. Though, that didn’t last for long.

 

After walking for a while, the sight that greeted me made my eyes go wide and my mouth agape…

 

I was totally in awe!

 

This was so amazing! Even more amazing than I had expected!

 

I was now standing on a sidewalk right next to a wide street. On the street were different kinds of vehicles.

 

They were just your regular fantasy horse-drawn carriages, but instead of the real horse pulling it, it was a horse-shaped robot! 

 

There were also some wagons that didn’t need any pulling. It could run on its own. 

 

‘Do they use magic or something?’ I wondered.

 

The street lights were floating in midair right above the street. There were also some metallic giant robots on the street. A police maybe?

 

The sight in front of me looked like a combination of medieval fantasy mixed with futuristic fantasy world. It wasn’t what I used to see in the video games or movies, but it’s still fascinating nonetheless.

 

No, it’s even better!

 

Living in the medieval fantasy world was nice and all, but it could be tough because there was no technology like in the modern earth. 

 

But, not this world. 

 

This world seemed to have both the fantastical elements of the medieval fantasy and the technology from the futuristic setting!

 

This was so much better since it would make my life here easier and more convenient.

 

‘Are there schools here as well?’ I thought.

 

I didn’t have a particular interest in school or anything, but I thought it would be interesting to learn about this world there.

 

I then looked around on the sidewalk. There were many passersby walking about. All of them wore fantasy clothes like those in RPG games set in medieval setting.

 

I also spotted some humanoid robots. They were walking on the street just like normal humans.

 

There were also some strange humanoid creatures as well. They were like the combination of human and animal.

 

I knew what they were. If I went by the light novels I’d read, they were called “demi-human,” or to put it more simply, they were cat girl, dog girl, rabbit girl, fox girl, and different kinds of girl with animal ears and tails.

 

‘Gosh, they’re so cute in real life!’ I thought as I looked at the Demi-humans on the sidewalk.

 

Any otaku would have the same reaction as me. It just simply couldn’t be helped. It’s in our instinct to be drawn to cute things.

 

I kept walking and looking around like a country bumpkin, ignoring weird gazes from the passerby around me.

 

Though, I did also notice a lot of girls looking at me with blushing faces. Was I that handsome after all? I really wanted to see my face, but I couldn’t find any mirror right now.

 

I continued walking, taking in the atmosphere.

 

“Hey, you there,” a voice suddenly called out from behind.

 

I turned around and met with a cute girl who looked around my age. She had long brown hair tied up into the pigtails.

 

She wore skimpy clothes that resembled the belly-dancer. The scent of her perfume hit my nostril when she walked closer.

 

“Yes?” I said.

 

“You’re not from here, aren’t you? A traveler?” she said with a smile.

 

“Yes, I am.”

 

“That’s so? Where are you from?” 

 

Oh shit. How should I answer that question? I couldn’t have said I was from another world, could I? She wasn’t gonna believe me anyway. Hmm……

 

“I’m from some place far away…,” I said.

 

“Some place far away? Another kingdom?”

 

“Something like that.”

 

She nodded as if understanding something. 

 

She then smiled at me and said, “Looking for a place to stay? I know just the right place. It’s cheap but very cozy. I think you’ll like it there. What do you say?”

 

A place to stay, huh? Yep, I was gonna need that when the night fell. But, I didn’t have any money on me right now.

 

Wait, how the hell did I even get on the train in the first place if I didn’t have any money on me?

 

Sigh… There came another mystery. Great.

 

“What’s your name by the way?” she asked.

 

“I’m Noel. You?”

 

“I’m Lidia. Nice to meet you, Noel. So? What do you say?”

 

What do I say, you asked? Well, I didn’t have any money right now, so what could I do? 

 

Seriously, if I was going to live in any civilization, I needed to have money. Or else, I couldn’t do shit.

 

But, where could I find money that quickly?

 

The picture of a white business card and Bond flashed in my mind. I shook my head and got rid of the thought.

 

‘No, I shouldn’t. Maybe after I get to know more about this world, then I might consider it.’

 

I shook my head and sighed. ‘It’s a shame, but nothing I can do about it...’

 

I was about to refuse Lidia’s offer, when suddenly—

 

*Ding!*

 

The familiar sound suddenly rang out, followed by the system screen.

 

[MISSION!]

 

[Kiss Lidia right now! Just do it!]

 

[Reward: 5,000 Vel]

 

[Punishment: You stay broke.]

 

[Time limit: 5 minutes]

 

[Accept the mission?]

 

[Yes] [No]

 

After reading the the mission contents, the only thought in my mind was—

 

‘Well, shit.’

9