10. Escape and Confirmation
137 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two continued to swing at the walls as they searched for riches.

Stella had felt bad for having Adrian help her, only for her to find all the valuable ores.

Adrian smiled as he wiped his brow.

“It’s okay! I’m training my body anyway! I don’t lose out at all.”

This was just free training to him.

*Clank Clank Clunk*

“Hmm?”

Adrian stopped swinging and wiped his forehead.

“Whew! I found another Nugget. That’s two for me! How much money do you need to help your mom?”

Stella shook her head as her pickaxe slammed into the wall again.

“I don’t know, but it will be expensive. She didn’t tell me the exact amount.”

“I see.”

Adrian nodded his head and struck the wall again at a different spot.

The two had made a lot of progress going into the cave, but daylight was running out.

They would soon have to stop to rest and go back home.

Astrid watched the two while keeping an eye on Hatterene.

She waited patiently as she spread her psychic energy silently.

*Clank Clank Clunk*

Stella paused for a moment before checking what she hit.

She pulled out a crystal with a deep blue lustre that sparkled in the dim light.

“Wow! I think that’s a Comet Piece?! Those things are rare!”

Adrian looked over Stella’s shoulder as she admired the crystal.

“Do they sell for a lot?”

“I think so. Pretty sure the last one sold for around 20,000 Pokedollars. That one was much smaller than this one.”

Stella nodded her head and delicately placed it in the bag.

Astrid smiled as she watched her care for her treasure.

As Stella closed her bag again and started to search for another spot to mine, she suddenly stopped and

looked towards the depths of the cave.

“Hmm? What’s wrong?”

“……”

Stella stayed silent as her head tilted in confusion.

“It feels like… a lot of mining spots are moving?”

  Adrian’s head tilted as well.

“Moving? The rocks are moving?”

Astrid’s eyes glinted with light from the lantern as she picked up

“I think it’s time to head back.”

Stella looked at Astrid for a moment and back towards the dark cave.

She clenched her fist tightly and nodded her head.

“Just one more spot. I’ll be satisfied then.”

Astrid smiled and shook her head.

“I’ll head out first. Hatterene will stay with you for the last one. Make sure to head back quickly now.

Astrid looked at Stella and Adrian with a smile as she grabbed the bag of stones.

Astrid brought the bag over her shoulder and started to make her way towards the entrance.

She looked at Hatterene for a moment before her eyes filled with power.

[Remember to only jump in when they can’t hold. This should be a good lesson about the wild side of Pokemon.]

Hatterene nodded her head while Astrid made her way back to the entrance.

Hatterene braced herself silently as a bloody trail was about to begin!

…..**……

*Clank Clank*

Adrian swung against a wall further into the cave some more before finally finding a hints of a golden sphere.

“Oh! I think I found a nugget!”

Adrian turned to Stella as he tried to carefully pry the nugget out of the wall.

Once he cracked the area around the nugget wide enough, he reached over and pulled the nugget out delicately.

It was a nearly the size of his hand with a golden luster to it.

“Hey! I think this should be enough, huh?”

Stella nodded her head as she prepared her final swing.

“Just a few more swings.”

*Clank Clank Puchi*

“Huh?”

Stella expression grew strange as she felt her pickaxe hit something…. strange.

*Kiiiiiiii*

A ringing cry of pain echoed from the walls soon followed by the shuffle of many feet.

“W-what is this?!”

Stella didn’t let go of the pickaxe and quickly pulled it out of the screaming wall!

*PSSS*

Blood sprayed out of the wall as Stella quickly grabbed her spoils and the lamp!

“Let’s go!”

“Right!”

*Kiiiii*

The two began to hightail it out of there as a large group of silver shelled Pokemon crawled towards them in fury!

Adrian ears rang as he heard the shuffling of many feet behind him close in with the cries for war.

“I didn’t know this mountain had Durants in it now!”

One of the Durants wildly charged after the two with one of its eyes closed, bleeding as it pushed everything out of its way!

While debating if he should take a swing against the closer pods of Durants, a blue barrier appeared in front of the Durant as it wildly charged!

*Bang*

“Kiiii!!*

The Durant fell back in pain as it reeled on the ground!

It hit its eye again!

 

Adrian watched as most of the Durants were blocked off by blue barriers appearing and disappearing rapidly.

‘Haty?! Is this a test?!’

Adrian quickly thought of the possibility but shook his head. Even if that was the case, thinking of what it meant right now was silly.

They had to make it out of here first.

“Let’s focus on running out of here!”

“I’ll block them for you! Just keep going!”

Stella began to run and swing her pickaxe towards and Durants who came near.

Adrian paid attention and noticed most of the Durants were held back, except one or two who would sneak in and try to bite her.

‘…..’

Adrian confirmed something as he continued to run the twisting way back towards the entrance!

They ran past several Pokemon who hid in the walls or flew away as the swarm of Durants kept up the chase!

Stella could only swing her pickaxe so much to keep them away before the Durants bit through the wooden hilt of the pickaxes!

“Tch!”

The two doubled their efforts in running as the tunnel seemed to go on forever!

*Psssh*

Stringshots soon started to spew out from the back of the tunnel, spraying all around the two as they ran.

*Splat*

“Oh no!”

Stella’s bag full of minerals was hit with a string shot!

Adrian quickly took aim with his pickaxe and severed the thread!

Unfortunately, the cut wasn’t clean as the pickaxe was now covered in the thread!

*Yank*

“Ah!”

The pickaxe soon flew back towards the horde of Durants and luckily hit another one in the face!

Adrian didn’t have much time to look as he quickly turned and dashed after Stella!

The Durants roared furiously as they followed the two!

*Skrreeeee*

Several Durants near the back began to shift side to side as they stared venomously at the two kids.

Adrian’s face paled as he started to run faster!

“Run faster, Stella! They’re starting to use Agility!”

Stella’s face paled as she started to bolt out of the cave!

Three Durants began to pull ahead of the horde and were steadily gaining on the two!

Hearing the pincers of steel clamping open and closed behind them, the two squeezed as much strength as they could into their legs!

Soon they saw a light at the end of the tunnel!

It was like Stella’s lantern!

“There’s the exit!”

The two finally saw a glimpse of freedom from the tunnel and ran towards it!

The Durants were clamping mere inches away from them before they suddenly stopped while being coated by blue psychic energy.

“Rene!”

The three Durants were shot towards the horde at high speed, effectively stopping the horde for a moment.

Adrian and Stella got out of the cave and tried to catch their breaths as they plopped on the ground.

*Clap Clap*

“Good job.”

The two looked up to see Astrid in a chair with Hatterene next to her as well as a tall, fox-like creature with a flaming stick in its hand.

Stella and Adrian were shocked to see her casually relaxing until they heard the snapping jaws of the Durants behind them.

Astrid looked over towards the cave and sighed as she turned to her foxy friend.

“Delphy. Can you please handle that?”

The Delphox bowed before Astrid and walked towards the entrance of the cave.

As she came next to Adrian and Stella, they noticed the heat coming from her was incredible.

Sweat that poured from their bodies turned into steam in a moment as Delphox sauntered in-between them and the horde of Durants.

“Del!”

She then raised her stick in front of her and began to blow softly into the flame!

*Fwoooosh*

“”KIIIIIIIIIII””

The Durants panicked in a frenzy as the flames caught the three that boosted their speed too much and scared the rest of the horde back into the cave.

They didn’t leave without snapping their jaws threateningly at Delphox and the others before disappearing back into the darkness.

“Del~.”

Delphox cutely twirled her stick and sauntered back to Astrid’s side, patting Adrian’s head as she passed.

“Good job, girl. I’ll cook you some treats when we get back.”

Delphox nodded her head happily as Astrid returned her back to her Pokeball.

Astrid then turned to the two kids and smiled.

“Congrats, you two. You’ve survived a mini frenzy of Pokemon.”

Adrian and Stella both looked at each other for a moment before turning back to Astrid.

Adrian didn’t know what his mother was thinking, but Stella’s face began to pout.

“That was dangerous. Why didn’t you warn us?”

Astrid looked at Stella and shook her head.

“I did. You are the ones who decided to stay inside the cave for one more dig. If I took Hatterene as well, you would have kept digging or worse, ended up in their stomachs.”

Stella was silent as she looked down at the ground.

Astrid and her both knew that was the truth.

“That’s not very fair, Mom. She wants to make sure she makes enough to get her mother cured.”

Adrian came to Stella’s aid, but Astrid raised her hand and stopped him.

“There are several things wrong with your story as well. Though I don’t doubt you’re lying. You have too much of a stubborn streak for that.”

Astrid chuckled lightly as she walked towards Stella.

Stella’s body shivered lightly as Astrid grew closer.

Astrid stopped in front of her and stood still, waiting for Stella to raise her head.

Stella slowly fought her fear and raised her head defiantly, looking straight into Astrid’s eyes.

Astrid’s smile grew larger as she nodded her head.

She turned to Hatterene and pointed at Adrian.

“Take him home, Haty. That’s enough training for today.”

[Yes.]

“Wait! Mom, what’s going on? Did I miss something?!”

Astrid smiled as she waved her hand.

“No. This problem will have nothing to do with you. It’s just….”

Astrid turned back to Stella and noticed her pale complexion. Astrid smiled as the girl seemed to pick up on her intentions.

‘She’s smarter than I thought. Great.’

“…I have a few things to talk about with little Stella here.”

…………………………..

*Shuuuup*

Hatterene teleported the two outside of the center of Motostoke. The dreary clouds filled with smoke hovered around the city like a blanket.

Astrid followed Stella as she carried her sack of minerals.

She followed silently as the two went from the main area of Motostoke and started going down further near the outer ring of the city.

Otherwise known as the slums.

Astrid’s nose scrunched up as she looked at the sky.

“I hope there are a lot of Weezings around. This air needs to get purified down here.”

“They only come around once the smoke looks like mist. It’s rough around that time for people down here.”

Astrid nodded as she looked around.

The houses down here were compact compared to the apartments near the gym.

She could see some Qwilfish swimming in the nearby canal as well as some Magikarps darting around.

‘Pokemon always find a way.’

She smiled as they started to come up on a rather big building compared to the others.

Analyzing the building, Astrid noticed it had multiple windows and lots of space, but the upkeep of the building looked rather poor.

‘Not a mansion of someone rich. An Orphanage?’

Astrid noticed a girl sitting on the steps of the mansion.

Her black hair draped over face, making her look a little moody.

She wore a black dress with purple flower prints covering it.

It looked rather worn. Astrid chose to believe it was her favorite dress and not her only one.

The girl’s tanned hands held a bunch of flowers in them with a basket of more next to her.

‘Selling flowers?’

“Ah! Stella! You make any money?”

The girl turned to Stella as she eyed Astrid warily.

“I think so. I’m gonna sell them to the store.”

The girl shook her head rapidly.

“Don’t! That old Thievul will shortchange you again! We need to go somewhere else to sell them.”

Stella shook her head slowly.

“It takes money to sell in another city. I’ll just bear with it for now. I don’t need identification to sell to him anyway. It’s a trade-off.”

“Hmph! Hope he chokes on his spit and turns into a Gastly!”

Astrid shook her head.

“Little girls shouldn’t curse like that.”

“I don’t have the time to be little! I need to get paid like an adult! Why won’t those Trainers buy my flowers?!”

Astrid looked at the flowers she sorted out in her basket and noticed something.

As she stepped over to the flowers and looked at them, the girl grew excited!

“Miss! Are you going to buy some flowers?! They’re 5 Poke a piece!”

Astrid looked over the flowers carefully and nodded her head.

The flowers came in vibrant colors of orange, deep violet, and blue.

They were pretty flowers, but Astrid shook her head.

“No. I’m not going to buy these flowers.”

The girl deflated as she put the flowers back carefully.

“I will give you 30 Poke though. For your hard work.”

The girl looked up at Astrid with surprise covering her face.

“Really?! You’re not lying, are you?”

Astrid reached into her pocket and pulled out a few bills of Poke.

“Here. I keep my promises.”

The girl’s eyes twinkled as she took the money carefully from Astrid’s hands.

“Thanks, Miss! I’m almost able to buy a new dress!”

Astrid smiled as she stood up.

“Good luck with that. What’s your name?”

“I’m Azalea! What’s your name, pretty lady?”

Astrid chuckled as she rubbed her head.

“My name is Astrid. Nice to meet you, little Azalea.”

Astrid brushed her hair a bit with her hand, noticing her dark red eyes hiding behind her bangs.

“You’ll be a gorgeous little girl if you don’t hide your face.”

Azalea blushed and removed Astrid’s hand from her head.

“I-I’ll look better when I can get my hair done. It’s expensive.”

Astrid smiled as she motioned for Stella to head inside.

Azalea noticed the pale look on Stella’s already pale face and turned to Astrid with a determined gaze.

“You’re….not a bad guy, are you?”

Astrid started to laugh loudly as she heard Azalea’s accusation.

“Hahahahaha!! Ooooh. No. No, little Azalea. I’m not a bad guy.”

Astrid’s smile started to make the two shiver as she looked at the entrance to the mansion.

“I’m someone bad guys are afraid of.”

………………………

*Cough Cough*

Astrid heard coughing as she was brought into the mansion by Stella.

Azalea decided to tag along since she was free, shooing the other children who came to see who the mystery lady was.

Stella walked quickly towards a room in the back of the hallway, dropping the bag with a thud as she went into the room.

“Mom! Are you okay?”

*Cough Cough*

Astrid walked into the room behind her, finally seeing a woman with blonde hair coughing into a handkerchief.

“S-Stella. Welcome back. I’m fine, dear.”

“Do you need anything?! I can go get some medicine! I just need to sell the minerals I found this time!”

Stella’s mother cupped her daughter’s face gently as she shook her head.

“No need for that. Just keep the money you make. The medicine I need…..it’s expensive.”

Stella’s face contorted to despair as her fists clenched tightly.

Stella’s mother turned to look at Astrid before looking back at Stella.

“Stella. Can you go get Mrs. Lora? I believe our guest is here for her.”

“Oh no. I’m here to see you too, Miss.”

Astrid responded to her and pulled a chair from a nearby desk.

She sat next to the bed of Stella’s mother and waited patiently for Stella to leave.

Stella looked at the two with a confused expression before her mother gently rubbed her head and motioned her to get Mrs.Lora.

“I’ll be right back. You two can take your time.”

Stella ran out of the room, dragging Azalea with her as the two hurried down the hallway.

Stella’s mother and Astrid looked at each other for a moment before Stella’s mother bowed her head.

“Thank you for looking after my daughter. I know she can be a handful at times.”

“It’s no problem. I have a few questions for you though. I hope you don’t mind how rude I’m going to become in a moment.”

Stella’s mother was taken aback by how brazen Astrid was being, but Astrid paid it no mind.

“I never caught your name.”

“It’s Stephanie.”

“I see. Stephanie, why are you here?”

The room grew silent as Astrid peered at Stephanie, noticing a faint worry growing in her eyes.

“W-What do you mean?”

“I mean, why is Stella living with you in an orphanage? This is assuredly not the best place for you to bring up a child while sick from what looks like a curse.”

Stephanie’s hands shook as she looked down at the covers.

“So you can tell...”

“As soon as I walked in. I’ve fought my fair share of Ghost-types before. Seems someone decided to mess around with you.”

Stephanie shook her head as Astrid folded her right leg over her left.

“I’ve figured some things out thanks to your daughter, but I wanted to run them by you, just in case I missed something.”

Astrid raised her fingers as she began to list some things off.

“The first odd point is your daughter can find enough money to buy mining equipment but doesn’t seem to have enough money to start curing your illness. This bothered me as soon as I heard about you. I know Galar can be dangerous, but diseases or illnesses are one thing Rose can’t stand. You can tell by how clean the streets are even if this part of Motostoke is….less comfy than the rest.”

Astrid put her hand down as she stared at Stephanie.

“I’m certain that any citizen of Galar would have no problem getting checked out and cured. The cases with Honedges and Litwicks are rampant in some parts of Galar. This leaves me with another idea as to why you haven’t sought help.”

Astrid saw Stephanie’s tightened fists and nodded her head.

“You didn’t take a conventional way here, did you?”

“…..”

“The other thing that bothered me is that your daughter doesn’t have a League or Trainer ID. She should already have one anyway if she plans to be a trainer. You just need the consent of both of her parents to get it approved and pay the fee.”

Astrid noticed Stephanie’s body shaking at the mention of parents.

‘……’

Astrid took in a deep breath and calmed her nerves. Something was telling her this situation would piss her off more than she thought.

Perhaps she would have to hunt someone down again?

“Where are you from, Stephanie? Just be honest with me.”

“…..Castelia city.”

Astrid leaned back in her seat as she felt a headache coming on.

“How did you manage to sneak into Galar from Unova?!”

“….”

Stephanie didn’t say anything, but Astrid could already figure out how.

“Smuggling into the country, huh?”

Stephanie’s shoulders jumped as she kept her head down.

“I’m not going to say anything bad about you, Stephanie. Not after I’ve possibly figured out why you ran away with your daughter.”

Astrid switched her legs as she draped her left over her right.

“I’m assuming the father has a lot of power. If her name comes up, he’ll be notified and probably head down this way, correct?”

Stephanie nodded her head.

“I’m assuming…. domestic violence?”

“…….”

*Crack*

A slow nod from Stephanie made the pressure around Astrid increase, damaging the floor.

Astrid took in another deep breath and looked behind her.

“Sorry. I’ll donate to fix that.”

“I would greatly appreciate it.”

A older woman came from the hallway into the room with a regal aura to her presence.

Astrid stood up and bowed to her lightly.

“You must be Mrs. Lora. Sorry for intruding into your residence.”

Mrs. Lora shook her head.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t greet you at the door. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Feral.”

Astrid was a bit perplexed at her response.

“Do you know who I am?”

“I remember you from a rather stormy day in Pastoria city. I was with my late husband at the time on vacation. I remember you sending a mob of disgruntled Pokemon flying into the distance from the Safari Zone’s observation deck.”

Astrid got a bit embarrassed as she seemed to remember that incident.

“That…wasn’t one of my best times.”

Mrs.Lora blocked her mouth with her hand as she laughed heartily.

“Ah! My husband would beg to differ. He absolutely loved it. He said it reminded him of the cartoons he used to watch as a boy.”

Astrid fanned herself to get rid of the red blush on her face as she turned back to Stephanie.

“Sorry you had to hear that. So, I take it Mrs. Lora is who teaches the kids here?”

“That’s correct. I was a teacher before I met my husband. It’s a passion that never goes away.”

Astrid smiled as she focused back on Stephanie.

“I’m getting side-tracked. How did you end up cursed?”

Stephanie looked over at Astrid, then at Mrs.Lora and sighed.

“I…. I could deal with the abuse. It was for the good of my daughter that I stayed. He had lots of money, so any future Stella could want would be secured if I held on.”

Stephanie couldn’t feel it, but Astrid’s pressure was starting to increase as she continued.

“One day, as he went to hit me, Stella took the blow for me. I guess she had connected the dots at some point and decided to take a stand. She picked up one of his signs he was going to hit me and burst in to block it.”

Stephanie curled into a ball as she recalled her journey.

“That was when things became strange. Her father’s hand broke upon hitting her. She barely even had a mark from it. As he was being taken to the hospital, I decided it was time to go. I grabbed what little things I could and whatever expensive I could shove in my bag and took my daughter to the nearest smuggler I heard of from rumors. I remembered he had connections to the League, so I decided to head to Galar.”

Stephanie shook her head with a depreciating sigh as she continued.

“After selling nearly everything I brought with us and jumping from continent to continent, we made it to Galar in a rather deserted area at night. We had a run in with a Pumpkaboo and a Gourgeist mother on our way to Motostoke. Stella accidently stepped on Pumpkaboo as it tried to prank her. Her newfound strength apparently caught it off guard and made it cry. Gourgeist might’ve killed us if I didn’t stand in front of my daughter, protecting her. It instead struck me with Curse before disappearing into the woods.”

*Cough Cough*

Stephanie began to cough for a moment before breathing in deeply.

“After that, Stella dragged me towards Motostoke where we ran into Mrs. Lora and have been in her care ever since. It’s been 2 years since we came here.”

“Why didn’t you get cleansed for your curse?”

Stephanie shook her head.

“After Mrs.Lora took us in, I tried to see if anything happened with us leaving and Mrs. Lora found a warrant for my arrest. After that, I didn’t appear outside again. Stella kept her hair short in order to look different from her picture on the posters. He never really kept any good pictures of us anyway. I feared that if I went to the Pokecenter, they might take her away from me and back to him.”

Astrid nodded her head as the story made sense. She also couldn’t sense any lies in her words with her psychic ability.

“….My ex-husband seems to have filed my actions as a kidnapping. Stella is apparently ‘missing’ and I’m the main suspect by the League. I don’t know what to do at this point.”

Astrid nodded her head slowly as her fury started to smolder.

A criminal’s child won’t have an easy time getting a Trainer ID in any continent. Although the League doesn’t operate in Galar, Galar does research anyone through the database of the League just to make sure criminals aren’t trying to set up once more in the region. Rose would strike anything like that down with impunity.

‘That explains why she can’t get more money for her spoils. Poor girl is probably butchered for her catch. The mother can’t defend her, and Mrs.Lora can’t leave the kids on their own to sell off the minerals in another city. Most of the money probably goes into food and repairs of this place.’

Astrid’s foot tapped on the floor impatiently as she nodded her head.

She reached for a Pokeball and tosses it next to her.

*Poof*

“Rene!”

Hatterene appeared from the Pokeball and looked at Astrid.

“Hatterene, I need you to do Heal Pulse on the woman. We must get rid of that ghost curse.”

“[Understood.]”

Hatterene turned her body towards Stephanie as her eyes began to glow.

*Bwoooooo*

A wave of psychic energy spread across the room and enveloped Stephanie, zeroing in on a gray circle of energy forming in her chest.

“Hnnngh!!”

Hatterene focused her gaze on the ball of Ghost energy and gently enveloped it.

The energy began to struggle against Hatterene as her eyes soon took a pink tone, releasing more energy towards the ball.

*Crack*

The ball of energy was crushed under the two types of power Hatterene wielded as the Heal Pulse fully healed Stephanie of her curse.

“T-Thank you!”

Astrid shook her head as she pulled out her Rotom phone.

“What’s your husband’s name? I need to make a few calls.”

“….”

Stephanie clenched her hands with newfound strength as she bit her lip.

Finally, she breathed out and looked at Astrid.

“His name is Curtis Mode. His family owns Mode Street. Among other services there.”

Astrid looked at her phone and began to type a message to someone rapidly before calling a number.

“Hello? Sarah, you there? I need to tell you something.”

Astrid started to whisper into the phone as the person on the other end whispered back.

“Look into that for me, okay? You know who to tell this information to. I trust your judgement.”

[……..]

“Tell him if you wish. Just make sure he donates to this place in case he makes a profit.”

*Click*

Astrid hung up the phone and looked at Stephanie with a smile.

“Good news. You won’t have to deal with your criminal status for much longer. I’ll see to that.”

Astrid also turned to Mrs.Lora.

“And you will be getting a pretty generous patron soon who will help you with supporting these kids.”

Mrs.Lora and Stephanie were shocked to hear this!

It was too good to be true!

“A-Are you sure?”

“Positive. This help won’t come for free, however. You’ll have to work for him for a bit. He’s a good guy, just too passionate about his work.”

Stephanie nodded her head.

She knew it wouldn’t be that easy, but she could do it for her daughter.

“One moment.”

Astrid stood up and opened the door leading to the hallway suddenly!

“”” Woah!!””

*Crash*

Both Stella and Azalea, as well as some other nosy children, all came crashing into the room as Astrid quickly opened the door.

“” S-Sorry for intruding!!””

The other kids quickly got up and bolted out of the room, leaving Stella and Azalea stunned.

The two looked up at Astrid with a bit of fear and embarrassment on their faces.

Astrid nodded her head with a smile and turned towards Stephanie and Mrs.Lora.

“These two girls are going to be my students. That’s fine, right?”

“W-What?!”

Stella and Mrs. Lora looked shock as the two girls couldn’t wrap their heads around the situation.

Astrid kneeled on the floor and looked at the two girls with a deep smile.

“You, my little miner, is brimming with Steel type energy. Your body and your ability in mining are tale-tell signs.”

Astrid looked at Stella for a moment before turning to Azalea.

“You, on the other hand, manifested Poison energy. I’m going to take care of both of you and train you to be amazing Soldiers for Galar with my son.”

The two looked at each other for a moment before Azalea turned to Astrid.

“How can I have Poison energy? I-I’m kind of rude sometimes, but that shouldn’t count.”

“The flowers, sweetie. All your flowers are poisonous.”

Azalea was shocked as Astrid raised her finger.

“All of your flowers are products of Pokemon poison. Koffing for the violet, Ariados for the orange, and Qwilfish for the blue. You found those blue flowers by water, right? The orange ones were probably near the outside wall of Motostoke while the violet ones were probably in a spot nearby. Anyone that bought your flowers probably fed them to their poison type Pokemon. Those few, however, aren’t that popular here.”

Azalea could only nod her head lightly as she tried to absorb the info.

Astrid stood up and smiled as she looked at Mrs. Lora and Stephanie.

“I’ll make sure to make them strong. You don’t mind me being their master, right?”

 

8