Ch 11: Practicing Cursed energy
4k 5 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

"Did your mother make that?" Harriet asked after she ate the other sandwich and drank two bottles of water.

"Nah, don't have one of those," I said while taking a bite of the Dragon Spice sandwich. I seem to have put a little too much spice in it but my face showed no change.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Harriet said with a bit of a sad voice.

"Don't worry about it. Never knew her so why worry about her. Dad's enough for me." I said with a little chuckle at the end.

"Did he make the sandwiches?" Harriet seemed to really wanna find out who made her drink that much water.

"Nope. I made those myself. Dad tried cooking pancakes once and almost burned the house down. After that, I decided to take up the responsibility for that." I replied with a cheeky smile.

"Well can you teach me?" She asked and I could tell that something was about to happen at the Dursleys household.

"Well not now." Harriet's face dropped.

"But I could teach you enough about Dragon spice to not kill someone but putting just enough to make someone wish they couldn't taste anything else for the rest of their lives. I'll even lend you some." I said while pointing at Dudley with my eyes.

What can I say? I was studying potion making with Dad and if you put a single drop too much of one thing then it can turn your insides into mush in an instant so it was a practical art. I was sure that I could come up with something.

"Not to say that I won't teach you good cooking sometime," I said with a smile.

"I'm gonna take you up on that offer," Harriet replied with a smile.

*Few Hours later*

"Bye Harriet."

"Bye," Harriet replied with a little wave and went home. I had expected Dudley to be throwing his weight around but he didn't want to bother me. I got weird looks from people with me walking with a blindfold and all but no one seemed to want to stop me so I just steamrolled my way to home.

*At Night*

"So how was Muggle school?" Dad asked while sitting in the living room apparently having apparated there.

"Holy sh--- shinding at least tell me when you apparate in the living room dad." I jumped up like a cat. Dad seemed to let my slip-up slide.

"It was good. No friends though except a girl. Pretty sure that some of the boys are gonna try and bully me in a couple of days but no sweat I have the potion ready." I said while Dad nodded.

Me and Dad both always kept one nightmare potion on us. Made by ourselves of course. It was a neat little thing that would show the recipient their worst nightmare. I had added a hint of cursed energy and mine showed the void with a huge Dragon Beneath.

Dad had invented it to get past basic Occulemency and that shit worked like a charm. It was almost impossible for it to not work. Dad had taught me a bit more about the sleek arts. A potion could do a whole lot.

I had asked him about me using a different energy than mana and he said that for most wizards it was more useful to use a wand otherwise half of them would levitate their clothes off of themselves instead of an object without them. I was training little by little in controlling cursed energy and now could produce enough of it to be actually visible. It was like blue little flames that danced around in my hand.

I still couldn't create a literal infinity around me but I could create an almost invisible distance between me and an object.

There were probably no other cursed energy users in this world so I had a fucking monopoly on the energy. No one could use it except me so no one could do what I could at least not in the same way I did.

Wizards could see the cursed energy but most muggles could not. Not unless I willed it.

Dad had told me to first work on the comprehensibility of the energy. What were the limits, what were its advantages, how much of it I could use at once. It was like a summer project but this project was gonna change my literal future.

"You know how I missed your birthday." Dad suddenly said and I looked up from my potion-making book.

"Yeah," I remembered how worried Dad was when he showed up 48 hours late on my birthday. He had found me listening to "Chill Beats to learn Potions to" on an old rusty phone I had found and repaired.

I wanted to act a bit arrogant or even bratty at that moment just for the sake of it but seeing how disheveled dad had looked that day I had immediately put the thought away. I wasn't one to hold grudges.

Dad had told me that the Gryffindors had released a group of feral ghouls on the school as some sort of 'Prank' which resulted in Dad's room in the castle catching fire.

"What do you want as a gift?" Well, that was certainly a late gift but I wasn't gonna turn that down.

"Put as much money as you want into these," I said while handing Dad a paper.

"These are Muggle companies just ask the Gringotts people and they should be able to guide you through it. " I had listed some companies that I was sure were gonna make it big in the future.

A single sickle was worth around 3000 dollars in Muggle currency. The Ministry of Magic had made a deal with the human government for this, something about wizard money being using purer metals and shit.

Even if dad puts 5 sickles into the companies I was sure that he was gonna see some profit in a short time. My previous life did help me in isolating good businesses.

" Are you sure? " Dad asked after giving me a scrutinizing look.

" I can bet the loincloth you found me in on that. "

" Wait! You know? " Dad said in a panicked voice

" I've always known Dad. Black and White hair color aren't exactly near each other in the gene spectrum so that was easy to figure out and as much as wizards like to feel superior to Muggles there isn't a single potion or charm that can change someone's hair color for these many years. " I said while waving my hand.

" I just want you to know that... " Dad tried to explain.

" I know I know Dad you don't have to worry about it. You do enough for me every day." I gave him a hug and that was followed by me explaining to Dad why I knew of the birds and the bees.

______________________________________

Author's Note: I've got a bit of a headache today but I'm gonna upload two chapters regardless. Just wanna mention that I might not be able to sustain the two chapters during the next month due to my exams and some personal reasons too so they might have to go to a single chapter.

Read upto 8 chapters ahead for both my Novels if you want on my Patreon. The link will be down below.

121