Ch 26: Choco Milk
2.5k 8 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

Despite how tired I was I only slept for around five hours which meant that it was 3 in the morning and I could do nothing but toss and turn in my bed.

Finally, I decided to take out my phone and to my surprise, it had good reception.

"I must be really high. That sounds weird." I decided to grab my earphones and go for some late-night exploration.

I went out of the room listening to some good old Killer Bee music. But while I was vibing in the common room I felt that maybe I should check out where the room was actually located on the castle.

"Okay. A steady stream." I maintained my cursed energy output and slowly rose up and finally went out of the roof of the room. My mobility was quite shitty in the air. Sure I could move fast but changing directions took too much time. It felt like my joints were cramped after a while and turning my limbs in the air was awfully slow.

One of the few reasons that I decided to just see the height of the room's base from the castle's top.

"Hmm." The room was around 50 meters above the castle's highest point and was located slightly in the East.

I decided to stick around a little and as far as the eye could see there were trees which were filled with all sorts of magical creatures. Things that would be tough to fight and even harder to kill.

'I wonder how many punches it would take to break a centaur's spine. ' I thought with my head tilted. A cold wind blew by when I remembered that I wasn't actually wearing anything above my waist except my blindfold.

I could still feel a bit of temperature with Limitless active, it could be adjusted but I still had it fixed to the minimum required so my body doesn't completely freeze. Fire spells were the most basic attacking spells so with the temperature adjusted I could neglect any attacks from even 3rd year students.

I decided that it was enough for late night exploration and returned back to the common room. Now that I had time I decided to check in on how many rooms were actually there.

*15 Minutes later*

'Well, that was certainly an eye opener.' I thought while adjusting myself on the couch.

There were around 15 rooms with doors that seemed to appear and disappear if you looked at them long enough. Outside of the 6 rooms each with a bed, there was a huge kitchen with the most basic of things and a bathroom. All the other rooms seemed to be locked.

"Well better start early on my first day." I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of milk and something that I certainly hoped was chocolate powder.

It was weird to me how I could absolutely love some sweets while some just felt tasteless even though I knew that they were almost similar to the one I liked.

I poured the milk into a glass and dropped a spoon of sugar in it. Then I looked around and once I saw that no one was there dropped two spoons of chocolate powder into the glass.

"With this, I have completed my descent into the Darkness, Mwahahaha."

"What are you doing?"

"Ahhhhh!!" I shouted ready to throw hands.

" It's just me," Hermione said surprised.

" Oh, I'm sorry about that. Can't get sleep?" I asked and Hermione nodded.

" Hey, you aren't wearing your mask!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Oh, that was only for when I'm outside of our common room," I said while rubbing my chin.

" But why?" Hermione asked.

" A bit of a fuck you from me to the rest of the wizarding community. They were the ones that want to act like bitches so they'll never get to see this piece of beauty." I said with a chuckle.

" I still can't understand why your issue can't be solved by the Ministry. I mean you look just like us." Hermione said with a tone of sadness in her voice.

" If it looks like you doesn't mean it works like you. There's always something that makes someone tick, what changes different people though is what that something is. I don't really give a fuck about what the Ministry thinks but they are gonna be bothering me and I don't like that one bit." I said and drank my milk.

" You know I heard that vampire laws in the U.S. are really lax. Maybe you could think of moving there?"

"Nope. I'm pretty sure members of the Belmont clan would try to put a thousand crucifix through my heart if they see me there. The only safe ground for vampires there is New Orleans and New York with New Orleans being the ground for skirmishes between different creatures." I replied and I could see the milk bottle I had taken was replaced already. Appeared just like that from thin air.

"I've never read about those things," Hermione said with shock in her voice.

"Well it's all in the Blood contract between Vampires and Humans and since it's better to classify myself as a vampire instead of shouting myself as a Vampyr I would have to follow their rules. In my opinion, you should not worry about all of that. Here, have some." I passed a glass of Choco milk to Hermione.

"It's too sweet." She said after taking a sip.

" Oh sorry my teeth can't rot so I didn't think of that. Want me to make another one?" I asked and she shook her head.

" No, it's fine. I'm gonna go back to sleep after finishing this." Hermione said and I could see that she still wanted to ask me a lot of questions but I didn't push it. We had a whole day ahead of us and I wouldn't want her to lose her precious marks.

'Maybe I should take a nap.'

______________________________

Chapter 34 is already out on Patreon.

Patr eon.com/Ashara

Author's Note: I just wanna say I'm sorry. I'm going to explain the situation in this author's note but I have been absent for the past week or so and the stories have suffered from it. I wanted to express my apologies first of all because that's important and my responsibility.

Okay so I was awake at like 1 or 2 in the night and suddenly I saw my grandfather signalling me to come towards him. He didn't say anything and probably if I would've been asleep he wouldn't have called anyone else in the house.

He told me his left arm hurt and he had stomach discomfort too, he downgrades his issues a lot so I gave him a pill and called my elder brother who was awake at the time. We knew the symptoms and maybe everyone in my family is a bit paranoid about this but I've already lost family members (around the same night time) to that bitch of a disease and the previous two times I wasn't awake. I didn't wanna take any chances so in 20 minutes my family was up and in 10 more minutes despite his protests my family members took him to the hospital.

Thankfully there wasn't anything wrong but my grandfather downplays a lot of things and we didn't wanna take any chances. He's fine now.

My sleep schedule was fucked from that day itself since right after that I had to start preparing for my exams. I've just finished 3 registers worth of assignments and practical file and now I have to prepare for 2 practicals in a couple of days.

I love writing. It's been the most fun and probably the best decision of my life to start writing. In truly grateful to everyone who reads my books.

There won't be any chapters between 26 November to 12 December. I'll release all the chapters after I've finished all my exams and am ready to write. I'll sprinkle in some extra chapters in too because I can understand the inconvenience. I made this decision because the chapters that I may write between the exams would definitely be haphazardly put together and my exams will suffer too. I want to provide quality work and improve my skills so it would be better to finish off with one thing and then focus on the other. Don't worry I'll take a day or two off after the exams to write all the chapters with a free mind I'll deliver them of that I'm sure.

So once again I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience. For the past and the future ones.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and please take care of yourself.

76