Garlic
548 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3rd POV*

Life was fine at Hogwarts. Everything seemed normal, Young Witches and Wizards were blowing shit up as usual and Peeves had managed to complete his weekly quota of lighting a room on fire, so it was business as usual there.

*Bam*

Everything and everyone was normal except for one unlucky Progenitor. He was stuck in his room banging his head against the door and hitting an invisible wall.

Which by design was made by Alucard to keep him inside.

"Hey, I'm dying in here. I need some fresh air." Anos shouted, frustrated from being stuck in the room whenever he wasn't having classes or eating.

" All of our rooms don't have roofs." Came the disinterested voice of the Vampire from outside which resulted in another loud bang.

'Shitty Charms.' Anos cursed the strong barrier put on the door by Alucard for keeping him in.

He would've flown out of the room but his Cursed Energy wasn't acting the most reliable and he didn't want to fall from 15 stories to the ground.

There was the leap of faith and then there was the leap of stupidity. Now if only someone had put stacks of hay all around Hogwarts.

"Why don't you drink from the vial around your neck?" Alucard said after a while, his voice as uninterested as ever.

"*Sigh* I hate you," Anos said as he took a sharp breath.

It wasn't as if he hadn't tried. It had taken a while but his body had bent to the blood. He had even tried to drink it but barely before the blood touched his mouth he activated limitless so half of the blood in the vial was dropped on the floor.

He had controlled himself at the end but now he was in a room that smelled strongly of blood even after his insistent and almost mad cleaning making his job even harder.

The colors seemed so vivid. He hadn't seen anything as appetizing.

"You know, there are Vampires who are turned without us knowing. They're... risky. In Neverwinter we call them Unbranded, if they can't control their bloodlust they go feral." Alucard decided to distract Anos from his troubles.

He then began explaining things about Vampires, answering misconceptions about their kind. Anos to his credit closed his eyes and tried to focus just on his voice, trying to tune his other senses out. Doing his best to not focus on the 6 heartbeats and blood he could feel through the walls of his room.

It was a good thing the others were sleeping and Alucard was distracting Anos because they spent God knows how long with their back to the wooden door. Talking through the opposite sides.

".... And that's why people think Vampires are afraid of Garlic. It's too hard to peel it off since our fingernails are too long and sharp and some of us ended up burning down farms due to that." Alucard said and stopped, listening intently to Anos's heartbeat and getting up after confirming that he had fallen asleep.

He hadn't mentioned that out of every 100 Unbranded barely 2 or 3 make it to anywhere near 15 before they either turn feral or are hunted down by Palebloods.

It was destiny mocking the ageless, for all their talks about eternal youth none of them except the first Vampire had made it to anywhere near 1000 years of age.

To any human, his thoughts would've sounded ungrateful. 1000 years of Youth being a part of a race whose adults made almost all of their magical human counterparts blush in embarrassment certainly wasn't the worst of deals.

That was the issue Alucard found with it, it wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best. There could've been so much more. Scratch that there Would've been so much more their people should've achieved, at least enough to help each other but instead they were turning themselves into a mess.

'Why am I thinking about this now?' Alucard gave himself a short mental berate for losing focus and stood up.

He was rarely surprised but at this moment he was feeling that rare feeling and it was weird.

"Is the Belmont getting to me? Or maybe the Progenitor? So soon?" Alucard said to himself surprised.

Well, he would deal with the hand he was given and do his best to not tear it into shreds of jerky.

'Oh, I forgot.' He almost touched the door to knock but stopped and his hands didn't produce a single sound as they touched the door.

He should've told him to lie on his bed instead of the floor and waking him would defeat the purpose of the last few hours.

This was certainly an issue and Alucard tried to think of a solution, keyword being tried. After a few moments he left to sleep.

If the Progenitor woke up with his back as sore as a cactus then so be it.

It was foolish but Alucard allowed himself a quirk of lips that could barely be called a smirk let alone a smile.

He hoped the Fae would get the preparations done as soon as possible because this spending time and helping the Progenitor was getting to him and Alucard would never admit even to the Ancestor's blood that he enjoyed it.

______________________

Author's Note: Some hints at the Vampire culture in this world. This chapter should've come out earlier but I forgot to pay my Wifi Bill (I know I'm a bumbling idiot) and had some issues with my ISP. The next chapter would release at the same time as my other books so it'll be out in like 2 days at max 3 instead of the usual 4.

Join my Patreon to support me while reading ahead. It helps me continue writing and you get access to early chapters. Also it's the start of this month so probably the best time to join.

Patreon.com/Ashara

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night. And now I'll take my leave to take my meds.

25