Ch 71: Healing
390 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

"So which cauldron spilled over on you for this leg huh Dad?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Just give me the Moondrops," Dad asked sighing and clutching his leg.

I should've noticed dad leaving the feast, if it wasn't for his injured leg everything else would've been fine. I would've paid Galleons to see his reaction to the battered Quirell.

The DADA teacher sprouted a bent nose nowadays and his boss was right at his back. Literally.

I would've been sad about the poor guy but I found his conscience quite lacking. Dumbledore probably did relate me to the incident.

"Here. Why not just let me make the Potion, I think I make them good enough for even your use Dad." I said as I handed the vials to Dad.

"You know why I don't trust others with Potions." Dad snapped.

"Ok calm down at least. I'll just watch your magnificence from the sidelines." I said chuckling.

" No help me grind these into dust. These preposterous injuries." I smiled knowing this was the closest to a sorry you could get from Dad most of the time.

I shrugged as I got to grinding some of the ingredients into a fine dust.

"How're your studies coming along?" Dad asked shuffling through his pile of ingredients.

"Back on the old studies huh? I know for a fact that you asked every teacher about my performance in the last week." I said with confidence.

" No."

" Dad I'm your son. If you didn't do it then I didn't bring those rabbits to eat your papers when you missed my third birthday."

'Fuck I slipped up.'

" So that was you," Dad said coldly.

"You didn't answer my question." I tried to divert the topic and somehow succeeded.

"Yes, I did ask," Dad said snappily.

"Then why lie? I know you asked Dad."

" Because I wanted to hear it from you first. Now that you know I won't get to hear it from you without you changing your words. Remember If you don't get the same results every time then it's.."

"...Not the Cauldron's fault but the Potion Makers." I finished as I handed the ingredients back to Dad

" Yes, at least you remember some things that I taught you," Dad said mixing ingredients and I started to heat up the Cauldron.

" I remember everything that you taught me or you don't believe your own son?" I asked trying to get the cauldron to the right temperature.

" You clearly don't. Your improvement rate with Potions was better at home. The paper you turned in today could have had a lot more done to it. The framing was moderate and what is it with you and parchment? How many times have I told you that the ink you use doesn't dry well on that parchment."

" I'm studying how to draw Pride in a vial, I think I can get some points if my presentation is methodical at best."

" Still it could use some work."

" Not gonna argue with you there. I also wasn't studying a lot more than Potions at home. I think the other subjects factor in, also I wasn't getting trouble from my wand when I was at home, also also I wasn't being part of rituals to save my life when I was at home. My life was really boring at home now that I think about it." I retorted, musing to myself at the end. You could see the breath being knocked out of Dad.

" I know. You're not having any trouble sleeping, are you? I noticed you missed breakfast today." Dad said shoulders slumping.

" Finally cared about my health eh? And on a single reminder too." I asked as the cauldron reached the perfect temperature.

" I-"

" Don't worry Dad I'm fine. I'm not dying for the most part and thank you for asking, I understand you sometimes don't have the time." I ended as I took the ingredients and slowly began adding them into the cauldron.

Dad stayed silent for a while before continuing.

" How're your friends?" Dad asked even though the words felt foreign from his lips.

" They're good. Alucard, Hermione, and I spend most of our time studying, Lan spends most of his sleeping, Draco is getting good at Muggle Maths and Harriet is preparing to beat your house in the upcoming Quidditch match." I answered.

I expected something about 'too many friends' or how that would lead me to studying less but Dad decided to pursue a completely unexpected 

topic.

" You won't win," Dad said simply.

"Huh?"

"The Quidditch match. You won't win this time, maybe if you had Charlie Weasley but Potter is too inexperienced." Dad completed adjusting his leg and drawing in a sharp breath as the wound burned when it touched the robes.

He was the Head of Slytherin so unlike what all of the school thought he kinda did care about his house. It didn't include the house's reputation though.

" Oh, we will," I answered back with confidence as I completed the Potion.

" Now drink this to heal the injury you definitely didn't get from a Cerberus."

---------------------

Author's Note: Well we're on Trending 3 today! So here's another chapter as thanks. 

I managed to cut my right thumb with some medicine packaging (Why the hell do they make those things sharper than razor blades?) So this is all i could manage in a single stretch.

I'll get another chapter out tommorow.

Obviously none of this would be possible if it weren't for you guys, the readers.

I know it sounds corny probably but take it from the guy with a healing arm and a large gash on his thumb it's the truth.

It's been more than a year since I started writing and the 1 year anniversary of this book is just approaching so this a big achievement for me. 

Sincere gratitude to all the readers I hope you all enjoy my work.

Read 16 chapters ahead on Patreon.com/Ashara. It's better to join in the first half of the month. 

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night. 

Thanks for reading the chapter! 

18