21.Imperial Sigil
401 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I pull out one of my books. Trade and the ocean... this book was clearly written by an Allonian but it is within my collection. I have forgotten where it comes from but this shall be the next issue I handle. Now that I can actually spend money without the fear of going bankrupt I can spread my influence father into Arria. 

Geographically Arria is split into three areas. Each of these areas are based on one major feature. A large or series of navigable rivers. Ante in the west is based around the large Ante river which also goes into Monza to the north. The Ante region is more culturally similar to the Monzans but due to being right next to the Yanzhou they remain in the empire. I doubt this problem will be solved any time soon but perhaps some steps can be taken. 

The other two regions are more important. Belnuo is situated in the middle of the other two but is closer to the Casterso Region. Giovanni hold incredible control over Casterso. If I could further incorporate trade between the two regions I would be able to slowly overshadow him. 

There are two options. Roads would be cheaper; the infrastructure is there and all I would need to do is improve and fix it even more than I already am. An actual navy would be the other option. Currently pirates plague the coasts of Arria, while the coast is relatively safe any long-distance trip is dangerous. If I got rid of the pirates I would be able to incentivize trade through the sea which would be faster than overland. 

Perhaps I should have Luca visit the great library. They might have a few books on the subject to assist me in this matter. Doing both would be too much money, I can already tell just by thinking about the problem. 

I should start sparring soon. I must keep up on my training. 

______________________________________________________________________________ 

I look up to see Michael walking towards the training grounds. He usually spends a small portion of his day sparring with a portion of his guard. I look to Cecilia and she bows. While I was having tea time I would rather watch Michael practice. 

The guards look at me but don’t say anything. 

I watch as ten members surround Michael. The swords were not sharp but instead blunted. One of the men raise their sword and charges Michael. He moves his weight slightly and slashes on the cotton padding. 

The fight quickly becomes chaotic as I lose track of what is happening. As more and more guard members get hit it becomes easier to follow. Michael not only stabs and slashes his sword but also kicks and trips his opponents. 

I clap as soon as Michael is finished. 

“Did you enjoy the show?” Michael asks me. I look over his body to ensure that he is fine, while the blades were blunted it was still dangerous. Much too dangerous for the emperor to be doing. 

“You are bleeding.” I look at his left cheek, a small cut is there. Michael simply places his hand to it and wipes the blood. It could have been a greater wound, he was merely lucky that it wasn’t anything too dangerous. 

“Hm, it will be gone soon.” He says. I look at him inquisitively. The wound may be small but it can’t simply heal upon command. I need to go get some alcohol and clean the wound. But before I can leave I see it shrink. 

“What?” 

“You once asked about my hobbies, did you not?” Michael asks me as if a wound healing is natural. He is clearly being too casual about this. I think I am going dizzy. Maybe I am about to faint. 

“I did ask, you told me you did not have any.” 

“I have changed my mind. This is entertaining, I think I do have one hobby.” Michael says before leaving. I stand rooted as the guards leave except for Luca. I just stare at him. Is nobody going to talk to me about what just happened?

“I would recommend your silence on what happened. This isn’t a secret but it isn’t public knowledge and I would like to keep it that way.” He doesn’t need to tell me. I doubt anybody would believe me if I told them. He may be the chosen of God but this is insane. 

“What just happened?” 

“That, my Empress, was God’s blessing. It is the reason only those with an imperial sigil are allowed to inherit the throne. It provides him with protection against poison and wounds. This is not mentioning a the other small things it does.” He says cryptically before leaving. I had always known that it was the sign of one being chosen by god but this is absurd. I head outside the training halls.

“Your majesty, how was watching his majesty?” Cecilia smiles at me. I merely wave my hand and head back to my table within the garden. The sun shines down upon me but instead of lifting up my mood I am trapped within my thoughts. 

“Greetings, your majesty.” I hear a grating voice from behind me. She should have been gone but like a thorn in my side she hasn’t left yet. “It seems my plans have changed. The Emperor wishes for me to stay.” 

“Lady Casttica, what brings you here?” 

“The weather is nice, I thought to enjoy myself inside the imperial gardens.” I doubt what she has said. Out of everywhere she chose here? It doesn’t matter, what does matter is that she is staying. 

Why keep an unmarried woman inside the palace? 

The answer is simple, you wish to have some sort of excuse to meet. Perhaps Michael hopes that she gives birth to a child before me. That is the only reason I could think of for her being here. 

“You seem to be enjoying your stay very much.” So much so that you decided to stay rather than leave. I can tell that your goal is to seduce the emperor, I am not blind. Unluckily for you he is always in the study and he dislikes being bothered. 

“Who would not want to stay inside the capital, it is the most holy of cities.” Then she should be living outside the palace in the actual city. Not the palace. 

What changed Michael’s mind on this matter?


A/N: Some of you might wonder whether he can be killed. He can 100% be killed. It does take quite a bit though... one of the things to note is he is immune to poison. Won't tell you why I am telling you this, just gonna mention it. *whistles conspicuously* Honestly I probably won't explain too much behind this as it took me roughly 20 chapters before even talking about it. It just isn't a big deal for the plot. It is merely a side thing and not an integral part.

9