Chapter 2
76 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

A young woman around her twenty walks through the relatively empty street in the city that has a Tower. The young woman has long curly black hair that she lets flow. Her sharp blue eyes make any man swoon and send chills down their spine.

This young woman is called Susanna Veronika Purba. She came from Tebing Tinggi, North Sumatra, to try her luck in the capital city of Indonesia.

Indonesia has three towers of heaven spread across the country. The biggest one is Jakarta, the next one is on top of a mountain near Sidikalang city near her hometown, and the last tower is in the middle of Ambon Bay.

Susan is a C-rank support hunter. She has an innate ability of Ether Sensing. She can sense Ether two hundred meters around her, and she can identify how powerful the enemy is and sense a stealth monster. Because of this ability, she can get into C-rank hunter in a few months.

Ether is the energy around the world especially abundant in the Tower of Heaven. Scientists around the world think that this energy is the one that binds the universe. However, they did not have an exact answer even to this day.

The only reason why she cannot reach the B-rank is that she does not have enough experience yet.

Susan took her ID card and pushed a little bit of Ether into it.

 

Susanna Veronika Purba (20 Years old)
Class Ether Class Innate Ability
Support - Battle Support D-5 Ether Sensing (200 Meters)

 

This is the ID all the governments around the world provide. This card becomes not only your ID but also a tool that shows your progress. There are three kinds of classes.

Offensive, Defensive, and Support.

The offensive hunter is divided into two categories. Long-ranged and Short-ranged.

A long-ranged offensive hunter is one that attacks from far away—for example, Magician, Archer, and Gunner.

Magicians are the ones that can mold their Ether into many kinds of effects. They are also the only ones that can freely release their Ether around. They can shape their Ether to create a spell that can do whatever they want, from an illusion to teleportation. They are the most versatile offensive class as they have many kinds of attacks in their pocket.

Archers are the ones that can mold their Ether to a certain degree. Usually, they can only shape their Ether into a specific shape, from ball to arrow. Because of this reason, they usually only change the property of their Ether. For example, A ball of fire, a piercing arrow made Ether or a homing ball of Ether.

Gunners are the ones that cannot mold and release their Ether. They need a tool to release their Ether, like a gun, for example. They can push their Ether into their gun and let the gun release the Ether into a beam attack. While this class is considered the weakest, this class is the one that uses less Ether.

As the name suggests, Short ranged offensive hunters are the ones that attack the enemy from a close range.

The defensive class is the one that rallies the enemy to their location and holds them there while the offensive kills them.

Lastly, support. Support is divided into two parts—healer and Battle Support. A healer is the one that can heal other hunters, while Battle Support is where Susan is placed. Battle Support is the one that helps the other hunter on the battlefield. Tell the other where the monster is, creating a barrier to block an incoming attack or enchanting the hunter in their team.

"Haaaaa. Still D-5, huh?"

Ether is divided into seven ranks, from F to S rank. Each rank has a different tier: the lowest Tier one and the highest Tier five. Tier five is the bottleneck of the rank and only needs a little push to break it.

Susan has already been in this bottleneck for a week, and she is rather lost on how to rank up. Her seniors keep telling her to calm down and wait for it to rank up. However, she cannot do that. She did not like waiting and didn't do anything.

"Haaaa… Hm? Bookstore?"

As she walks around, she sees a bookstore in the distance. Susan tilted her head before walking toward the bookstore. It has been a while since she read something good, and if she cannot do anything but wait, she at least can read something.

Susan walks toward the bookstore, but she stops when she is two hundred meters away from the bookstore. Her eyes widen, and she begins to sweat. She feels a massive amount of Ether coming from the bookstore. The Ether is so strong that her body almost gives up. However, before her body could fall to the ground, the pressure disappeared.

She could still feel the Ether roaring like a hurricane around the area, but it did not pressurize her anymore. It was like the Ether already deemed her non-hostile. Instead of attacking her, the Ether is watching her. Watching and waiting if she does something inappropriate.

Her instinct screams at her to run away as soon as possible, but her curious side of her wants to investigate. Before her instinct took over, her legs moved on their own and walked toward the eye of the storm—the bookstore at the end of the road.

After a few minutes of slow walking, she arrived in front of the bookstore.

"Wonderland Bookstore… the place where fantasy is made real."

Susan read the sign above her out loud. If not for the Ether she feels, she will think that this bookstore owner is rather arrogant as the only place that can make fantasy real is in the Tower of Heaven.

Susan takes a deep breath before opening the door. When she walks inside the store, she sees a young man sitting behind a desk drinking tea.

"Ahh, Welcome to the Wonderland bookstore. What can I do for you?"

She can hear a smooth and silky voice going through her ears. If not for the power the young man releases, Susan will be blushing like a fangirl.

"Errr, I'm searching for a book?"

Her words become a question because she is too nervous. The young man, Gabriel, looked at her before saying.

"What kind of book are you searching for? Also, please take a seat."

Gabriel asks his first customer of the day to sit down and take a glass from the drawer, then pour some tea. Susan sits on the chair as Gabriel instructed and says.

"I-I want a book about Ether exercise."

Susan was so nervous that she blurted her problem to Gabriel, who nodded his head. As for Gabriel, he begins to think about the book she needs. He has a few books that match her request, and by her look, Gabriel knows that the woman in front of him is a newbie who wants to explore the Tower of Heaven.

He nodded his head once more before getting from the chair and walking toward the bookshelf behind him. Gabriel reaches for the book above him and takes it.

| Ether for dummies|

While the name is a little bit insulting, this book is a good book for beginners. This book lets even a dummy learn how to mold their Ether. A perfect book for someone that wants to learn how to control their Ether.

After taking the book from the shelf, Gabriel returns to his desk and places the book on the desk.

"This book is a little bit simple, but this should be enough for a beginner."

Susan places down the tea and looks at the book. Her eyes widen when she sees the book. It was a leather-bound book, and it was a spotless brown book. However, what catches her attention is a magic formula in the book. She is not a magician, but she knows that the magic formula in front of her is a complicated one.

Not only that, the Ether released by the book alone surprised her. The book has more Ether than her. Susan's eyes slowly land on the title of the book.

|Magical Journal Vol 1|

|By: Myrddin, Magician of Flower|

1