Chapter 3
78 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the young woman in front of me who looks at the books with a surprised expression. Oh? Did she know that this book is relatively rare? This book is the limited edition of the Ether Exercise. I let her buy the book because I have the Ebook version on my computer, and I still have one more copy of the book in my bedroom.

While it was not really useful for me, I'm a collector of rare books, and I like to collect limited edition books.

"I cannot take this, sir! This book is too valuable! I cannot afford it."

Huh? I know that this book is a little bit expensive, but I don't think it was worth that much. I think this book is around 70 points at most. Maybe this woman comes from a low-income family? That's maybe it.

Ah, speaking of points. The world decides to use one central currency. GTP is also known as the Global Trading Point. This is the currency this world has used for a long time. Because the technology in this world is more advanced than in my previous world, the people here decided to create one central currency that anyone could use.

"How about this. You give me whatever money you have right now, and when you are successful, you can go back here and pay the rest. You can also exchange the book for another book if you want. If you have any international history books, I will take those."

While I read many history books, it was all about this country's history. There is a book about other countries' history, but I want to read the one written by a foreigner. Even if she did not come back, I already accepted it, and it was my charity to her.

"A-are you sure, sir?"

"Yup. Also, you did not need to call me, sir. The name is Gabriel."

"Thank you, sir. I mean Gabriel, sir!"

I released a sigh as the young woman put the sir behind my name.

"Anyway, you can scan the code and send the points."

"Yes! Ah! I almost forgot, my name is Susanna. Once again, thank you, sir!"

Before I could remind her to call me by my name, Susan had already walked toward the code I put on the wall, and I could feel my phone vibrate, indicating that I got the payment.

After paying for her books, Susan waved at me and walked away from my shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Susan put down the book she had just bought and opened it up. As she opens up her book, she feels a torrent of Ether on her face. Wave after wave of knowledge entered her mind, and she widened her eyes in surprise at the profound knowledge the book had.

"Mana is sentient energy around the earth. It floats and flies as much as it wants. They are like a cloud in the sky. They are the freest beings in this world. Many people think that Mana needs to be bent and whipped to obey their command. No. It would be best if you become one with the Mana around you. Ask them and guide them. That is the basis of Mana."

Susan gasped after she 'heard' the voice inside her head teaching the basics of Ether. Even when the man's terminology is a little weird, she knows what he means. This Myrddin guy is a good teacher, Susan thought.

She then goes to the next page, and like before, an illusion of a young man appears inside her head.

"Other than Mana in the air, there is Mana inside your body. The core. The core is the place that produces your Mana. Many people call it soul, but this is different from a soul. Your soul is more of a gas with a human shape. Mana Core, on the other hand, is a semi-solid ball made of light. This core is located in the center of your body. You can find it by meditating and spreading your internal Mana around your body. If you find a semi-solid object around your upper stomach or lower chest area, it is your core."

Susan closed her eyes and entered her meditation state. She follows the instructions, and to her surprise, she indeed has a mana core.

"How? The hunter instructor never told me about this."

She wondered why the instructor never told her about this. In the Hunter Academy, no teacher ever tells her about this.

Susan did not know that the instructor did not tell them about this because it was not common knowledge. This knowledge can only be obtained from a wealthy family that can hire a high-ranking hunter to increase their Ether capacity.

"The Mana Core is like a muscle. You can train it. Empty your mana core by releasing as much as Mana as you can and have some rest for the rest of the day to replenish your Mana, and you can increase the capacity of your mana core. Many people think that releasing as fast as possible will get more results, but they were wrong. Release it slowly, as it will injure your core if you do it at a fast pace. Also, make sure to limit the mana restoration potion consumption as it also can hold back your growth."

Susan looked at the book in front of her in surprise and excitement. She never knew about this type of exercise and is excited that she has her way to rank up. With excitement, Susan begins to follow the instructions the book says.

While Susan was busy practicing, Gabriel was eating a takeout food he had just ordered while watching some video from U-tube. He did not check the amount of money he just got from Susan. While she is not coming from a wealthy family, her family is still rich.

Two thousand points is not a problem for her, especially for the book that helped her become a high-ranking hunter.

While watching the video from his phone, Gabriel did not notice and could not see an almost transparent black gas flying around him, dancing and caressing him like a possessive lover.

Gabriel did not know that his reincarnation is a unique process, and his soul was deemed interesting by the being who lived in the void of the cosmos.

However, that was for another time.

 

1 point = 1 USD if we go by this world money

2