Chapter 4
77 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmmm, another slow day, huh? I wonder what happened to that woman."

It has been a week since the woman; I think her name was Susan or something, came and bought the book from my store. I hear a group of D and C-rank hunters want to raid the first boss in the Jakarta Tower.

Bosses always respawn after seven days since the day the hunter defeated them, and it looks like that day is tomorrow at two in the afternoon.

I wonder if she will join the party that is doing the raid. I hear the boss is a Giant with green skin and red eyes. From the picture I saw in the book called Guide to Exploring the Tower of Heaven, it looked like Buto Ijo.

Buto Ijo comes from a Javanese Folklore story called Timun mas. A Giant with green skin liked eating humans, but he especially enjoyed eating baby humans. This creature is powerful and resilient. In the legend, he manages to keep chasing after his prey even with his body injured from being stabbed by a sharp bamboo.

Hmmm, I need to watch the live streaming of the fight between the party and the boss monster. I took my phone and opened up U-tube before searching for last week's boss raid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Four people are waiting in front of the gate out of the safe zone. This is the party where Susanna joins in. She joined a 'Kapak Merah' (Red Axe) party, a relatively well-known party among the D-rank hunters.

Their leader is called Tri Susanto Pratama, a hunter from west java. He has been in the D-rank for a year and should reach C-rank next month. He is a defensive hunter that has an innate ability called Chain of the Damned.

He can release two chains from the back of his body that leech on two monsters around him. This chain will reflect some damage Susanto received toward the monster that the chain leached from.

Sadly, this chain can only work for a monster that is ten meters away from him, which is why he stayed in the D-rank for so long. If his innate ability grants him a damage reduction, he can reach the C-rank position much faster.

The next member is a woman called Putri Yulia Agusalim. She is an offensive hunter. She is a gunner who owns a medium-ranged sniper rifle, and she can deal a good amount of damage in exchange for a charging time. Every time she wants to shoot, she needs five seconds to charge her weapon before she can fire it.

Her innate ability is Projectile Multiplier. She multiplies her shot, but it has a limitation. The more powerful her attack is, the less her projectile will be. For example: If she decides to use the full power of her rifle, she can only multiply her shot into two.

She is the same rank as Susanto.

The other member is a man in his mid-twenties. His name is Oesman Ruslin. He is another offensive hunter. He is a dual swordsman that holds two short swords. His sword is enchanted with two different effects. The first sword has the effect of Slow, and the other sword has the effect of corrosion.

As the name suggests, Slow will slow the victim's movement. Their attack speed and movement speed will be slowed. Sadly, it has a cap on its slow effect. Not only that, but it also has a short duration and needs to be reapplied every three seconds.

The other is corrosion. This effect is another debuff. It makes the victim take more damage for a certain amount of time. The downside is that it takes a long time to apply this debuff. The user needs to continue to hit the enemy before this effect takes place.

Oesman has an innate ability called Rush. This ability lets him buff his body to move faster. His movement and attack speed significantly increased for ten seconds before it needed to recharge for ten seconds.

He is also a D-rank hunter.

They are a competent party, but they always get ambushed by the monster in the tower of heaven. This is the reason why they immediately accept Susanna when they see her ability, and her C-rank status also helped.

"So, where should we go, ma'am?"

Susan raised her eyebrow before saying.

"You are the leader of this party. While I'm a C-rank hunter, I'm joining your party, not the opposite."

Susanto looks at her for a second before laughing out loud. This is the first time since his first job as a hunter that a C-rank hunter was willing to give leadership to him. Usually, they will immediately take control of his party and then order around his friend and him.

"Heh. I like you. It is the first time I heard a C-rank hunter did not want to lead."

"Because I did not want to break the harmony of your party. I did not know how your team works, your usual strategy, and how you react when you get surrounded."

"Fair enough. Usually, both Oesman and I will be the ones getting the monster's attention while Putri does the finishing. However, what happens in the aftermath is the one that makes us want you on our team. We did not see a monster that hid behind the thick grass and get ourselves surrounded."

"I see. What is your strategy when you guys get surrounded?"

"We run."

Susanto looks at Susan and waits for her reaction. He expected her to see them as a coward, but Susan nodded her head to his surprise.

"Good. Many hunters decide to go and fight when they are surrounded and outnumbered. Those people are idiots. You did not fight to maintain your honor and think that retreating is a cowardly act. Survive first and be rich later. You cannot enjoy your richest life if you are dead, after all."

Susanto nodded his head in agreement. While fortune favors the bold, lady death is also like a reckless man. She is ready to reap any reckless individual's soul with glee when they think that they are powerful.

"Heh. I like you by the minute. Anyway, the reason why we want you in our team is to make sure that we are not ambushed by the other monster when we finish killing the monster aggro."

"Good. I can support you by casting a spell that enchants your body. From defensive buff to offensive buff. Other than that, I also can use a short sword and a few offensive spells."

"Very well. How long is your range?"

"You already know about my ability. As for my spell, I can do it from one hundred and fifty meters away."

"Hmmm, good enough. You will be near Putri for the time being while both Oesman and I aggro the enemy. Mind the spacing as there is an enemy that has an Area Attack. Don't get too close to Putri but don't get too far away as well. The same with us. We can protect you as long as you are not far away from us."

"Understood."

"Good. Now, we are ready."

With that, their party walks into the wilderness.

1