Chapter 5
63 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Susan cast another barrier to halt the wolves that try to maul her teammate. Susanto then swings down his sword and kills the wolves in front of him. After killing the last monster, Susanto and Oesman walk toward Susan and Putri.

"I think that is all for today."

Susan nodded her head and said.

"Yes. I also need to prepare for tomorrow's raid."

"Oh? Are you also participating in the Boss Raid?"

"Yes. I will be the one that notices if there is an ambush monster around the boss."

"Ah, the green giant. I hear at least twenty monsters stay around the room, ready to ambush a hunter. Is it true?"

"That is the minimum. The media likes to make the fight look easier than it should be. While I know it was to maintain morale; it also can make a new hunter reckless and think that the tower of heaven is all sunshine and rainbows. They did not know that once you get out of the safe zone, they will put their life in line."

That is true. The life of a hunter is like the life of celebrities. Many hunters boast how easy it was to be a hunter and how this job is the easiest way to get power and the richest. The media likes that. They keep boasting that how an S-rank hunter is the goal everyone should reach.

They did not say how many people died in the Tower of Heaven every single day. At least three people were killed in one dungeon, and that was an old dungeon where many people already knew the in and out of the said dungeon.

Three people. That sounds small, right? Well, what if it happens every single day for a week? Twenty-one people died. One month? Ninety people died. A year? Ten years?

Not only that, but the Tower of Heaven also sometimes has a phenomenon called the leak. A leak is an event where the tower summons a monster around it. Usually, a leak happens every year, but the scientist does not know the exact date. When the new year starts, the leak will occur on a random date.

What makes people sweat is when the Tower of Heaven does not leak.

If the tower did not leak this year, the following year's leak would spawn more monsters and stronger monsters. The most disastrous leak is happening in Kingston, the capital city of Norfolk Island. The tower did not leak for ten years, and when did it leak? The monster overpowered the island hunter, and Norfolk Island lost more than three thousand souls to the monster.

It takes two years before the island can be used as a dungeon island once again. The reason? The monster is strong enough to make an A-rank hunter run for their money. Not only that, the monster is an aquatic monster in nature and makes it difficult to deal with them when the sea surrounds the island.

The media did not share this information. They usually say that it was that country's fault for their lax security.

"Yeah. I guess I am also one of those people."

Susan raised one of her eyebrows before saying.

"Oh?"

"In the beginning, I also have that mindset: money, Booze, and Women. Sadly, reality slapped me right in the face when our party almost got wiped out on the first floor by an ambush, and I lost two friends in that run."

"I'm sorry."

"Think nothing of it. I already moved on."

Susan nodded her head and decided to change the subject.

"Anyway, should we sell the goods we get?"

"Yup! Let's go!"

Susanto walked toward the wolves on the ground and put his hand on the corpse before suddenly the corpse got absorbed into his ring. This is the power of the Storage Ring. It can carry a certain amount of weight. Some of them can carry up to one ton, but the one being sold in mass usually can carry up to fifty kilograms.

"Hmmm, how many do you think we can get?"

Susan tilted her head and calculated their profit for today's run.

"Maybe around six to eight thousand points? The skins, the teeth, the eyeballs, lastly, the core. Not to mention the insect we encountered on floor four, where we tested the water. Ten thousand if we are lucky."

"Six thousand, huh?"

Susanto smiles a little. This is the most profitable run they ever did. Usually, they only get five thousand points, but because they need a lot of potion from all the ambush and how they need to repair their armor afterward, their profit is not much.

However, with the help of Susan, they only need to take a thousand points from their total profit for the repair and replenish their potion. Susan is not only able to notice the monster before they get ambushed, but she is also able to block most of the incoming attack from the back. Their armor is in relatively good condition.

"What do you want to buy with your points, Susan? I know that the three of us will want to upgrade our weapons. What about you?"

"Hmmm. I think I will buy a book."

"A book?"

Susanto looked at the young woman in front of him in confusion. However, Susan did not answer his question. She only smiles and makes the man even more confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*TRINK*

I look away from my phone after finishing ordering the Orc meat from the online shop. I really want to eat something delicious for today's meal, and Orc meat fits the bill. While it was a little bit expensive, it was worth the money.

You can say that this meat is the equivalent of a Wagyu Beef, but instead of coming from a domesticated cow, it was coming from a rather strong monster.

As I look at the door, I see a young man wearing clothes from an ancient Chinese dynasty.

"Welcome to the Wonderland Bookstore. The place where fantasy comes to life"

The young man in front of me looks around for a second before bowing deeply to me and says.

"It is an honor to meet you, your excellency."

What? What with this weirdo?

2