Chapter 6
53 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|??? POV|

"Remember my dearest Grandson, behind this door is an individual that you cannot sway with money, woman, or even power as he already has it all. What he truly wants is your honesty and your respect. He is someone that can help you in time of your need. The door will reveal its true power when it deems you worthy."

I still remember what my grandfather told me in the past about the door that our imperial family has protected since the time my grandfather ascended and took the throne.

That time was the most challenging time our family ever faced. Famine across the world has put our empire on the brink of destruction. Combined with a civil war raging in the land, my grandfather almost lost hope.

However, when he is on his last stand, a door appears inside the meditation room where my grandfather wants to commit suicide.

He never told me anything about what happened behind the door, but he told me that he gained enlightenment after he came back from the place behind the door.

My grandfather is called Qin Hua the Wise. He is known for his wisdom that saved the empire from the famine by introducing a new farming method and many kinds of plantation techniques to the masses.

He is called Qin Hua, the Strategist for all his plans never fail. It is a legendary story where my grandfather beat his uncle in a battle that many thought would be impossible to win—ten thousand men against fifty thousand men, with my grandfather leading the ten thousand men.

With his cunningness and tactics, my grandfather was able to beat his uncle with only a few casualties. He uses his surrounding area to his advantage. He uses the rock, trees, and even the grass as a trap.

My grandfather is called Qin Hua, the Healer, for he can heal the sickest men. With enough preparation, he can cure a man that has half of his feet on the grave. He is even the one that knows the cure to the Sea Devil sickness, or as he called it, Scurvy. Many people ask him the reason why he calls it that, but he never answers their questions.

Many scholars speculate that my grandfather did not want to say the reason because he sealed the sickness using some sort of Shamanism that robbed the sickness of its name.

Like many other people, I also want to know the answer, which is why I asked my grandfather about it in the past.

"Heh. Truth to be told, it was not me who knew about the cure of this sickness. That name is coming from the being behind the door under our palace. I did not want to be known as the one that invented that name as I already robbed the title of someone who found the cure from the excellency that taught me that wisdom."

That is a shocking revelation. I never thought that my hero was not the one that invented all of the strategies, farming methods, and healing methods he uses, and it was coming from someone else. Someone that even my grandfather, who is an emperor, called an excellency.

My grandfather wanted to keep the door a secret and only wanted to give the knowledge to his descendant, but after showing the door to my father, the news about the door spread out, and the imperial family needed to protect the door twenty-four hours a day.

Not only that, as my grandfather said. The door will not work if the person is not worthy of its presence. Every time my father, uncle, and aunt tried to open the door; it did not budge even a little. In his rage, my uncle wanted to destroy it, but to everyone, except my grandfather, surprise, it did not work.

He tries everything. From using a hammer to using a torch, it did not work. Many scholars and monks speculate that it was a gate to heaven, and only someone worthy was able to open it. Many royal families come to this place to meditate and try to find enlightenment, and it has become a tradition for a man in his fifteen to meditate in front of the door for one hour.

And today is my name day. Today I'm a fifteen-year-old man who is ready to get married to my fiance, and as a tradition, I need to meditate in front of the door while the imperial family watches me.

I take a deep breath and sit down in a lotus position in front of the door. I remember what my grandfather told me before he died.

"Remember, my dear. Relax, don't let any outside force disturb you. Empty your mind and let your soul free."

I take a deep breath and slowly release it. I empty my mind, and suddenly I feel like I'm floating in the air. Not only that, I feel like a weird sensation coming from my back. This sensation is like… someone inviting me goes inside his house.

*GASP*

I snap open my eyes when I hear a gasp and scream from my family before getting up from the ground. I can see my father and mother look at me with a mouth wide open. No, they did not look at me but rather looked at what was behind me.

I look at my back and widen up my eyes. The closed door behind me opens up, revealing a white light coming from inside the door.

"H-how?"

I look at my family and see my father look at the door with his mouth wide open. Before my parents could do anything, my uncle walked toward the door and tried to get inside. However, before he could get inside, my uncle got thrown away by an invisible force.

"Hrgk"

My uncle grunted on the ground after getting thrown by the door. After seeing my uncle get thrown away by the door, my body moves on its own and walks toward the door.

I can hear my father and mother shouting at me, saying that I should not walk inside the door, but for some reason, my body did not hear my command. When I walk through the door, I arrive inside a place that looks like a palace of knowledge.

Row upon row of books being placed on the shelf. I continued to look around for a few seconds before suddenly my eyes landed on the young man sitting behind the desk in front of me. I want to ask who he is, but when I think about that question, my entire body begins to shake as if a massive pressure suddenly appears.

Feeling the pressure, I quickly said.

"It is an honor to meet you, your excellency. My name is Qin Jian."

I decided to introduce myself quickly, and after I said that, the pressure suddenly was gone, but I could still feel something watching me.

"Welcome to the place where fantasy is made real. What can I do for you?"

2