Chapter 2 – My Own Fighting Style
347 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, what should I do? Should I keep running?

I've always avoided confronting them because I don't know how to fight with this body. I should talk to my brothers about how to deal with them later, assuming I make it out alive. I could also ask Ency, but she has previously stated that she is not yet at that level. I'm curious what level of assistance she would provide in situations like this. I can't see her level, and I can't see mine either. Maybe now is the time to ask her about my current status and skills.

Ency, how can I check my status and available skills?

"『List of commands:

Status <used to display information about oneself>

Skills <used to display usable skills.>』"

They're so simple that I didn't expect them to be. I expected it to be more complicated. I enjoy poking around in complicated situations and failing to solve or understand them.

Why do you have to say things like that? Are you a machine or something? Can't you change your tone of voice?

“….”

She hasn't responded yet. She dislikes talking about herself. Well, I'm not going to force her to tell me about herself; instead, I'll just wait until she speaks up.

Ency, how will the data be displayed? Is there going to be a screen in front of me?

I considered it because that's how it works in the games I've played. The difference is that I have to click them, whereas here I must speak it. I inquired because I needed clarification.

I'm still running from the Killer Mosquito, which won't stop chasing me; it must be hungry, but I can see its blood sack seems like full. I don't intend to fight it, but it appears that I don't have a choice. I'll make him regret not abandoning his pursuit of me.

That's right. I need to double-check my status and abilities. Ency If the data is displayed, won't it obstruct my view?

"『Answer: No, the data will be displayed on a screen that you can move wherever you want as long as you can see it, and data information will flow into your mind at the same time. 』"

Wow, I didn't expect such a lengthy response from you.

“....”

Another one that Ency ignored; I'm just trying to make her laugh, but she's so serious. She's like a fortress that can withstand multiple nuclear bomb drops. She isn't a fan of jokes, or perhaps I haven't improved my jokes.

Will it work even if I don't say the commands aloud? It's up to me to figure it out. I won't put too much faith in Ency.

Status.

A screen appeared after I spoke in my head. The following data is shown:

Name: !Empty% Level: 1
Exp: 0/100
HP: 200/200
MP: 175/175
LP: 1000/1000
Skill Point(s) : 200 Status Point(s) : 200
Species: Frogy (Low Class
Age: 1.4 Week(s) 
Gender: ????? 
Attribute: ????? 
Attack: 300
Magic Attack: 175
Defense: 300
Magic Defense: 300
Agility: 120
Luck: 0
EXP: 0/300

What the? I have 200 skill and status points? Isn't this a lot for level 1 like me? Now I'm curious about the level at which this thing is pursuing me. Anyway, I have to check my abilities too. I'm still not sure what the other data means, but I'll save it for later.

Skills. 

Another screen appears, displaying the following information:

Active Skill(s) :
Species Common:
Tongue Attack Lvl. 1 Shrink
Provoke Lvl. 1 Enlarge
Dive Dig
Blend
Detection Lvl. 1 Stealth
Poison Ball Lvl. 1 Poison Spit Lvl. 1
Poison Release Lvl. 1
Telepathy
Rare:
Ailment Cleanse
Weight Manipulation Lvl. 1
Gravity Manipulation Lvl. 1
Attack Enhancer Lvl. 1
Magic Enhancer Lvl. 1
Barrier Lvl. 1
Unique:
????? Steal Ability
Get Ability ?????
Ability Enhancer
Copy Ability

Passive Skill(s) :
Pressure Reduction Lvl. 1
Damage Reduction Lvl.1
HP Auto-Recovery Lvl.1
MP Auto-Recovery Lvl. 1
MP Consumption Reduction
Water Breathing
Air Breathing
Pain Null
?????
?????
Auto-Tracking
Chant Cancel
Simultaneous Casting
Aura Surpression: 50%
?????? :
THP%+TLP%+A%xTLP+TA=AO
EXPx2

For a brief moment, I was lost in thought.

These abilities appear to be suspiciously good; there are some physics-defying abilities! There is also a formula that I have no idea what it does, whereas the other one I easily understood. Even if they're excellent, they'll be useless if I don't use them correctly. When the caster is Trash, an overpowered skill is rendered useless. I'm not sure if my skills are considered overpowered, but I believe some of them are. I also noticed some skills that were redundant.

"What's the deal with these 『?????』 in here?" "Could it be a bug or content that hasn't yet been implemented?"

"No, if this is a VRMMORPG, I'd believe it, but I'm not even sure if this is reality."

Okay, now it's time to put these to the test. I'll apply what I've learned from gaming!


I’ll switch perspective and call him Frogy at the moment since he’s still nameless. Also, I’ll refer him as a “He” because he is a guy in his past life. 

"You're screwed, Mr. Mosquito! MweHeheheh. You'll regret not giving up chasing me!" yelled Frogy.

While Frogy is running, he uses『Detection』, an AOE skill that is similar to a radar in that it detects the presence of something within its range. He combined it with the skill, which increased the effectiveness of the combined skill. 『Detection+Ability Enhancer』 the detection range was increased from 10m to 100m.

Using that, he felt the presence of the Killer Mosquito, which was still chasing him, even though he didn't need to because he already knew he was being pursued by it. He may have used it in the mistaken belief that it was for extra precautions. 

"How should I proceed?" Frogy reflected after employing the skill.

"『Poison Ball+

Ability Enhancer+

Auto-Tracking』." Ency responds.

Frogy's mouth slowly formed a ball of poison, which lit up differently as an indication that the skill has been improved. In addition, when the caster use a skill, its body lits up for a brief moment that only the caster can see. 

Frogy unconsciously uses the skills Ency mentioned, turning his body while still maintaining his speed, but now running backwards to face the Killer Mosquito and then shooting 『Enhanced Poison Ball』. “Oi! You didn't say you could freely use my skills!" Frogy yelled. 『Enhanced Poison Ball』hits Killer Mosquito, who attempts to avoid the attack but fails due to the 『Auto Tracking』 skill.

"Oops, looks like I irritated it; I have a bad feeling about this." Frogy pondered.

Killer Mosquito became enraged, took damage, and melted some flesh as a result of the poison. Despite this, it continues to pursue. It began to use its 『Speed Up』 skill to increase its speed and get closer to Frogy. 

"Wow, he got faster and closer!" Frogy. As it got closer, the Killer Mosquito attempted to use the 『Pincer Attack』 skill on Frogy. He couldn't dodge the attack, and got sent flying from the impact and then hit his body in trees, the trees got destroyed on the path and bounced in the ground for a couple time. Frogy comes to a halt after being pushed back by a tree where the force of impact has subsided. His HP decreased by 50, got scratched all over his body which heals slow because of his HP Auto-Recovery . "Ugh, he's strong, but I don't feel any pain." Oh right, I have 'Pain Null.'" Frogy stated. Frogy let himself out of the tree he'd become stuck in, and they both came to a halt, facing each other and waiting to see who would move first.

"This is my first fight since being reincarnated in this world; even though I feel stronger, if I don't take fights like this seriously, I'll die.” 

"I'll use the best move I can think of right now."

"I'd better not start underestimating my opponents now, even if it means being an overly cautious person, or should I say an overly cautious frog."

"Should I take the first move?" 

Frogy pondered. 

“Yet, my mana hasn’t been depleted by a single digit.” Is this a result of my Mana Consumption Reduction? Shouldn’t it be Mana Consumption Cancel?”

Affirmative: Changing Skill: Mana Consumption Reduction to Mana Consumption Cancel.

A voice similar to Ency’s but with a slightly different tone suddenly spoke.

“What!? I don’t want to change it, but, Ugh, I should have kept my mouth shut!” Frogy expressed surprise.

“Ency! You shouldn't catch me off guard like that!"

"『By all means, it wasn't me; don't just blame me when something unexpected happens.』" In a solemn tone, Ency responded.

"Okay, but let's finish the matter we're dealing with right now as soon as possible." Later, Ency, I'll have a lot of questions for you! Don't you dare shut off your mouth later!"

“….”

Frogy cast 『Steal Ability + Ability Enhancer』 in an attempt to steal Killer Mosquito's Speed Up. The skill's success rate is determined by the caster's luck, but with the help of his Ability Enhancer, even with 0"zero" luck, it was successful. “Yossh Perfect.”『Enhanced Speed Up+Enhanced Stealth.』

Frogy immediately used it with the Enhancement skill after successfully stealing it. He immediately leapt through the back of Killer Mosquito without it noticing, as he had only seen Frogy's afterimage. Frogy used 『Enhanced Gravity Manipulation』 on him and pinned him to the ground before he even realized it. Killer Mosquito attempted but failed to resist the weight of Gravity.

Frogy improved his jumping ability and then jumped the trice of a 20-foot tree. He also used Gravity Manipulation to control himself and not fall immediately after reaching the heights of his jump. He swiftly completed his moves with the help of his Simultaneous Casting skill.

"I knew it would be simple if I took things seriously from the beginning!"

"Hmm, I'd like to finish this with a flashy explosion, but I don't have an explodes skill."

"No, no, no!"

Frogy contemplating while still in mid-air at his jumping height.

"I knew it was going to happen again!"

Affirmative: the 『Explosion』 skill has been implemented.

"Ah, no! Not again!" I'm grateful, but please don't spoil me an Ency-like voice thingy!"

"Though I won't use it this time, I'd rather use these for simplicity."

“『Please refrain from using me as an adjective.』” Ency expressed her disagreement. 

"All right, let's get back to the main course!"

Frogy said as he began to use his abilities. 

I’ll dive into it, increase my weight with 『Weight Manipulation』, and cast a barrier around my body to protect myself from the dive in case I mess it up; diving incorrectly can be fatal, and I'm not diving into water but rather on the ground surface! I'll enhance my 『Dive』 skill and then add 『Attack Enhancer』as a seasoning before canceling 『Gravity Manipulation』 on myself.

Enhanced Dive+

Weight Manipulation: 9999+

Enhanced Barrier

Attack Enhancer

and then, 

『Gravity Manipulation: Cancel』

"I won't miss this attack with Auto-Tracking always on!"

"Well, even if he wanted to, he can't dodge because it appears he can't resist my Gravity Manipulation."

"I'm not sure on how devastating this would be, because they're only level one skills."

After performing the skill, Frogy began to let himself dive quickly. The friction of force caused by the air pressure ignited Frogy's rapid diving. "Wait a minute, what's the matter with me?" "I'm ablaze!" But it's fine; it's not hurting me in the least."

The collision between Killer Mosquito and Frogy produced a massive shockwave that caused a minor earthquake, destroyed the surrounding area of impact, and formed a deep wide crater, the aftermath resembling a large meteorite dropped from the atmosphere. The body of Killer Mosquito was crushed to pulp, and the blood that had accumulated in his blood sack was scattered. 

『Skills: Cancel』. Casting that, the effect of Frogy’s skills has worn off.

"Pew, that got me hungry." I had planned to eat him after I killed him, but it's more disgusting now than it was in its normal body, so I'll pass."

Frogy muttered as he walked away from the scene toward his brothers.

"I guess I won't have to ask my brothers how to fight them any longer; I'll just use my own fighting style."

"However, I shouldn't be overconfident."

3