Chapter 3 – Origin of System
264 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m walking away from the scene, waiting for Ency to finally speak up, but she doesn’t seem to want to start the conversation. I can’t blame her, I, too, despise starting a conversation. It’s impossible for me to give out topics to discuss with someone whose interests I don’t know. We agreed when I was fighting that I would question her after that, but I, too, do not want to begin first. Can I still call that a deal even though she didn’t respond? 

But, yeah, I don't have a choice, but it's up to me to get started or we won't get anywhere.

"So, Ency, who is she?"

“『….』”

This girl is refusing to respond! This is why I avoid starting conversations; I'm afraid of being ignored; it's humiliating.

"Who is she, Ency?" "Would you mind explaining!?"

Somehow, I feel like a boyfriend reprimanding his girlfriend because I caught her cheating on me with another girl. I have never been in a relationship before, why do I feel like it? 

Wait, could it be that I started the conversion incorrectly!?

Or maybe I made her jealous because of the other Ency-like voice! 

I don't know why I always overreact to things. I don't fully understand myself.

I kept walking, and after a few minutes, she finally responded, but. 

“『*sigh*』”

“Oi! What are you sighing for!?” I asked. 

“『The voice you heard, is System-A’s』”

She finally cared. 

“System-A? What is that? “

“『One entity, our superior and our root. 』”

I have a feeling I just overheard some confidential information that should not be shared with random people. I couldn't respond because I didn't understand what she meant by "our." Is it all of us? Am I one of them? Or it’s just Ency talking about a person like her? 

“『Let me begin with our hierarchy. 』”

"Excuse me, but what-"

I was about to say something but Ency cut me off.

"『Silence, amphibian! I'm talking just this time! 』” 

“ Sorry ma’am! ”

Why am I being obedient? Right I have to if I want to know about her. Honestly, I’m a good listener but not a good talker, so I’ll let her be. As long as she hand out useful and hopefully inspiring information. 

So she continued, here is what she said:

『System-A is their one higher-up, akin to a leader. System-A is further subdivided into three groups below created from her fragments. Administra – a group of five people who decide whether to give a person a skill or not, and whether they can use magic or not. When a person is born, they believe it is natural for them to be born with their mana/skill and magic, but Administra determines this. Gods also do the same. If the person isn't approved by the Administra, they still have a chance from the Gods. If both didn't approve, they're unlucky. It's also either the Gods/Goddesses or directly System-A who is responsible for monster species like me. 

If they are approved by the Administra, System-A will be their source of magic and skill/mana. If it's the Gods, it's theirs. Even with two different sources of magic and skill/mana, the output is the same.』

『Monsters, Humans, Demi-Humans, and Demons were created by the Gods to inhabit and nourish the land, as well as to maintain the natural order in this world called “Constella“1Edited (December 26,2021). They perform the same function as System-A. System-A and God's are equal beings, despite their differences. They both keep an eye on and manage their creations in their own unique way. They don't get in each other's way. 』

『Next, equal to Administra is a group of five called "Libraria," which Ency told me she is a member of. They are the keepers of knowledge and the providers of wisdom. Whether it's wisdom for magic, skills, a way of life,economy, and many more. 』

『The "Arsenia" are the last group below System-A, which also same level as Administra and Libraria. They are in charge of managing System-A's mana  inputs and outputs. A slacker group of five people who rarely do their jobs correctly. When they make a mistake on the job, they can sometimes cause mana disasters in specific areas, killing people and even monsters. The last time they messed up, one of the world's ancient civilizations was erased. 』

The work of the three groups beneath System-A is entirely her responsibility. System-A only created them to aid in the management of various system fields. Even though they are System-A fragments, they have their own personalities and do not share emotions or senses. They also do not have a physical body, instead, they exist in spiritual form.

I also asked her as to what they truly are and why they exist differently than God's but perform the same.  

“Combinations of particles of the deceased's soul, knowledge,  and experience. System-A is a combined particles of deceased Gods and living things in this world that have consciousness.” She replied. 

『When a God retires, it means they have accepted death. Even though they are supposed to live forever, when they cease to be Gods, they are instantly reduced to particles. The particles flow into the void, and after billions of years of gathering in one place, they collide, causing implosion. Instead of exploding, they implode into massive amounts of mana. The immense mana, combined with knowledge, experience, and soul, together they are formed into an entity known as "System-A." Gods noticed her ascendance and offered her the opportunity to become one of them, but she declined. She lived independently, dedicating herself to the will of the deceased, in which she managed living beings in her own.

“You’re similar to us, yet you’re different.”

God tried to convince, by threatening her multiple times, and that made her conviction to not join them. As threatening didn't work, Gods couldn't think about anything else to convince, until then they gave up on her stating, "With your immense power, it's such a waste to not be one of us." Gods daren’t intervene anymore as they accepted she has the same level of authority as they do. She devised her own rule, her own system. Until now, she has gotten her power from a deceased person who was despised by the Gods.』

『The Gods believes System-A is robbing them of their work, so they continue to persuade her. Prior to the appearance of System-A, only magic casting was used, until System-A created the system that we now have that is both skill and magic casting. She invented the HP and MP systems, as well as the skill, rarity of skills, ranking, level, class and holder, where Gods couldn't think of it.』

No one worships her, and no religion has been established, but this does not bother her in the least. She only wants to do her job; she may not appear to care about anyone, but she does, unlike the Gods. She does not frequently help and favor someone on a whim, and when she does, it takes thousands of years for her to be in that state. She is drawn to someone who can assist her in achieving her goals. As for the place where she is, she stays in one place and she never gets out, she created a realm, that place is  a paradise. 

『I'm done talking for now, ask me again next time about that.』

"Wait a minute- just when things are getting interesting!" 

"Why would you leave me on a cliffhanger!"

I'd like to know more, but Ency has become a slacker yet again, which is a bummer.

"Can I ask minor questions? Well I don’t know if it’s considered as minor."

“I don't need you to tell me the entire story."

『Okay, I guess it can't be helped.』

What's the deal with your demeanor?

"Uh, why did I hear her voice and she gave me skills I had thought of?"

『It's not really her. It’s just her voice attached with that skill. That is your hidden skill, you didn't notice it in your skill menu, did you? Of course not, isn't it? because it is "hidden"』

Was she just playing a practical joke on me? If she had, I don't think it'd be funny. I'd better not show her how disappointed I am.

"Ah-ha-ha-h,” I responded with a forced smile on my lips.

『System-A has it as well, and she used it to create the system.』

"Can you tell me what that skill is called?"

『Create-Revise Skill.』

System-A, another simple named skill. She may be a Godly being, but her naming sense is just below average. To be honest, so am I.

"Did she hand it over to me?nBecause she's interested with me?"

『Don't get too excited. No way, why would she be interested in a monster like you?』

Those words broke my heart, but I'm used to it.

『Indeed, she has slight interest in you, but that isn't a reason to give you the ability to create and revise things. Why would she give such a dangerous skill to anyone, let alone a monster?』

『The skill you have maybe a reduced version but still dangerous if its with the wrong wielder.』

"So, you judged me as not a wrong wielder, you could have killed me  if I am, right?" 

『She felt that you have a skill like her, so sent me to you to learn about you and how you got it.  But so far, I still have no lead.』

I was taken aback by what she said, she was clearly sent to spy on me!

"Clearly you’re sent to spy on me!"

『Not really, I also just want some of your knowledge to supplement hers and mine while investigating how you obtained it.』

『I was also sent here to help you because she knows you've been cursed by a God.』

I became irritated when she mentioned God. I don't generally despise "Gods," but I do have one.

“Uh, please don’t ever mention about that anymore.”

“So, after you found out how I acquired it, will you leave me?”

She took a long pause after what I asked, and silence reigned supreme between us.

Now that I know why she is here, I'm curious if she'll stay after she's fulfilled that specific goal of hers. I'm to know more about this world, Ency, and her companions. I'm not particularly fond of her. We've only been talking in my head for a week, but she's already helped me a lot by teaching me about this world, which I'm not sure I'd be able to survive without. Without her guidance, my spirit would have been broken before I knew it. 

She responded after a brief moment of silence.

『Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be allowed, given a body, to be able to join you on your journey.』

"Then I'm looking forward to it." With a frogish grin on my face, I said.

Did this chapter made any sense to you?
  • Definitely no Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slightly no Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs improvement Votes: 2 66.7%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Oct 14, 2021 06:11 PM.
3