Chapter 6 – I’m not admitting that I’m lost, okay?
107 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The water ball casted by my sister 2 popped after 7 seconds. Before the water could even reach the ground, they already started. They disappeared fast like a lightning strike or should I say in a blink of eye? Though I didn't blink before they disappeared, only trail of air pressure is left behind.

I can see them getting far away from me becoming smaller and disappearing in my sight.

However, here I am still standing in the starting line having my jaw dropped moment.

Fast! They’re so Fast!

After being in the state of amazement by their speed , I prepared to start running too. 

I stretched my legs, and my body upward. Inhaled deeply and then exhaled, 3 times. I released some carbon dioxide so it helps the forest trees around, that's only a small compensation of what I destroyed. 

Since the rule is you can use any method as long as you reach the goal, everything is good.

And, then I finally start running too.

Surely they used some skills or magic too, hmm what should I use to catch up with them.

It’s not that I have much useful skill to use for speed running like this.

I don’t want to rely on Ency with this.

Skill.

I summoned my skill window and it is displayed in my field of view. I moved it to place where it won't obstruct my view then browsed through it. 

Species Common:
Tongue Attack Lvl. 1           Shrink
Provoke Lvl. 1               Enlarge
Dive                Dig
Stealth
Detection Lvl. 1                  Stealth
Poison Ball Lvl. 1    Poison Spit Lvl. 1
Poison Release Lvl. 1
Telepathy

I think almost all my skill are for physical attacks only, poisoning surely can’t be used in the current situation too so that’s a big no.

Rare:
Ailment Cleanse
Weight Manipulation Lvl. 1
Gravity Manipulation Lvl. 1
Attack Enhancer Lvl. 1
Magic Enhancer Lvl. 1  
Barrier Lvl. 1
Unique:
?????             Steal Ability
Get Ability』     ?????
Ability EnhancerCopy Ability

Even if I decrease my weight and manipulate gravity, would my speed even increase?

Wait, that could work too, but I can’t fully control it yet. It might cost my life so that’s a big no for now.

Another reason is that, I never payed attention in my Physics classes. 

A lot of enhancing and some stealing ability, can’t use those too, and what’s really with these question marks?

If I only have a physical enhancer ability.

I can’t use the ability steal, copy, and get too.

What if I create a new skill?

Create-Revision

I tried using the skill but it didn’t activate for some reason, it’s like something have blocked my access to the skill.

And I think I know someone who is capable of doing that.

The girl whom don't have a physical body and is living in my head without my permission,and talks when it's convenient for her. 

Yes, it’s Ency.

Why would you do that Ency!? It’s emergency! I need it right now! My life is at stake! 

…..

I waited for her response but she didn’t. Seems like she’s not on the mood to talk back.

I gave up on trying to convince her and  just thought about another solution for the current problem.

I slightly understand her side, as she said it’s a “dangerous skill”, she might have a care on me. Ency seeing me as not a wrong weilder of the skill, but I should not just use it for my comfort. I should not abuse someone for being considerate to me. It may cause some backlash to me in the future or maybe at present.

Wait.

As if like a light bulb suddenly turned on in my head. I remembered that skill I stole from Killer Mosquito.

I rush to look and browsed to my skill window to find something. 

Where is it, where is it!?  Ah!!

I couldn’t find the skill, and then I thought the skill I steal can only be used once.

 [+]

What’s with this plus button here? Was it is here before? 

I saw a plus button below my “?????:” skill category, because I’m curious I presses It.

[+]

Stolen Skill:
Speed Up

The name is ominous like I did a crime, it's basically a crime in my previous world but is it the same here too? Surely is right? Why did I bother thinking about that anyway?

Uhwa, the category name! They should made it at least not obvious!

 A new skill box appeared after I pressed the plus button without thinking twice of what could happen

Let’s go with this, though I’m not sure if it’s enough to catch up.

Then breaking my thoughts, I used the skill.

Speed Up

My normal speed is doubled as I used the skill, but I feel like I am still slower compared to my siblings.

How monster are my siblings really!?

I’m already using a skill that supposed to  increase my speed, but I still can’t catch up to them, I can’t see even at least their trails of pressure anymore.

Ah right, I should use my best ability! Ability Enhancer! I should enhance it.

I stopped running for a moment, after that I used the skill.

Focus.

Speed UpAbility Enhancer』

Why did I focus before casting the skill? Well I just want to focus. 

After using the skill, I started running again. My speed becomes 6 times faster, I feel like the air pressure is crying, I think my speed is comparable or even greater to my siblings now because the pressure and the trail is causing the trees  around my path bend and sway as  I pass by them.

After running desperately, I noticed something was off. 

Am I in the right way? Am I lost or they’re just too fast? I still can’t see them. No I’m not lost! I’m sure they headed straight here!

I headed straight to the direction that I think is the right direction to the river.

Continuing my run for almost an hour, I still couldn’t see them or at least the river. It feels like my run is going circles, I am running straight but I always end up in the place I started. The leaves of the trees that I feel like I passed by multiple times already, is almost all of them gone because of multiple times of experiencing strong wind pressures.

“No! I’m not really  lost am I?” saying these in other monsters or living beings view, it’s looking like a croaking insane frog.

I challenged them not knowing that I have messed up sense of direction. Have I been like this?

No! My sense of direction in my human life is a whole lot better than the present! And I’m not admitting that I’m lost, okay?

It’s just like someone trapped me in this place. Was it my grumpy brother or my other brother? My sisters? I know we can use any methods but I didn’t think it would come to this extent.

I continued to head straight mindlessly, after still trying to escape the loop by continuing to run, I noticed a silhouette of a little person wearing a big hat that standout in the corner of my right eye.

Did I have this great eye sight before? Well maybe it's a trait of our species. 

I tried looking into it with just the corner of my eye while still continuing to run. 

I saw it clearly as I focused, a little girl wearing something like a purple witch hat, the hat seems to big for her head that it nearly eats her whole head but she tilted it to prevent that. Wearing a black cape that cover most of her body and the coat is seem to much bigger than her as it had some extra fabric that is dipped in the soil, she also has a dress apart from the cape that covered it. 

She seems like holding and reading a thick paged book desperately and panicked looking into something. 

However, it seems like it also noticed that I noticed her and hid fast.

Now that she noticed me, instead of me continue running straight, I decided to take a quick turn to where I saw the the suspicious girl who's reading a book. Thinking that maybe she is involved or the reason in my  problem.

 

 

 

 

1