Chapter 7 – The little girl is not a normal girl
120 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reaching where she is when I saw her, she’s already running away ad still panicking and seems like she’s looking for something in the book. Is she looking for something like a countermeasures to me in the book? Did she forget what should she do next? Well for now, I’ll try to catch up to her and after she’s tired and stops running, I’ll interrogate her!

I just noticed now that I’m not that far and not that close to her, she have a long braided purple hair that have some part highlighted with another color. Her hair length reaches the back of her knees. How did she grew her hair that long! Come to think of it, I think she’s only around 10-15 years old. No, she may be even less than 10.

“Oi, stop little girl!” I tried to call her out but to her I sounded like a croaking aggressive frog chasing her.

Ency, do you think she can understand me?

I asked ency to confirm because I don’t know for sure what is people’s language here, and if they normally talk to a monster like me. Of course not right?

『I strongly believe that she didn’t understand you.』

Of course, she won’t understand me. In our world, a monster here is equivalent to animals and some creatures in there. I’ve never seen someone who talks to an animal that the animal replies back with a word. There may be some who understands animals, and some animals that understands humans, but I’ve never seen both to talk in the same language. However, I may not know but, maybe somewhere in the Earth already have a way to converse with animals in the same language.

O wait, she answered! She’s on the mood now, probably? I think I’ll have to take this opportunity to ask her to let me use 『Create-Revision』skill!

『No, I won’t allow it. 』

What!? Did she read my mind? Am right, she on my head. How is she the only one who only have a privileged to do that!? I should be able to read her mind too.

Ah, come on Ency atleast an ability that let us understand each other!

『…. 』

Please. I said with a puppy eyes and innocent smile.

『…. 』

She’s gone silent again. There’s nothing I can do to convince her.

Why is she so stubborn?

Anyways, back to the little girl I am chasing. We’ve been in chase for a little while, the sun is already near setting off. I kept chasing her, and she’s still running away from me while still panicked browsing in her books, what the? Is this child not your normal child? It’s already been 30 minutes chase!

A little children like her supposed to have low stamina, I think I’ll have my stamina run out first before hers. Back in my days as a child, just by running a few meters I’m already tired like I’ve been running all day. Well uh, maybe having an asthma is affecting my stamina back then. However, about this girl, she just have too much energy, I can’t do running for 30 minutes straight like this when I’m still a human, even in my teenage times. I might have already passed out, my heartbeat will be faster than horses and beats hard like hell to the point that I can hear it with my ears without even putting it in my chest, I know we can’t do it like that. My lungs won’t keep up, I’ll ran out of breath in any moment right before running this long time.

Woah, now she jumping on the branch of the trees! Is she a ninja!?

…….

Little Girl’s POV,

“Croak!!!! Croak!!"

The angry aggressive scary Frogy that is behind me says.

What is it saying? Is it trying to tell me to stop? No, I won’t.

This is bad! This is bad! This is bad!

Right now, I’m being chased by a Frogy that I had tried casting an Illusionary magic. It was successful, it was trapped in a loop but, I didn’t think it would notice it sooner than I expected. I was naive thinking that. It was different from other monsters, I think this monster have high intelligence! I was spotted while I’m looking for the next spell I should use to capture it.

 I should have prepared beforehand, but I saw it running to fast like chasing someone when I was looking for a familiar to get around here. That’s why I didn’t think twice and just casted the Illusionary magic before it gets away from my range. I wanted to get it as a familiar because it looks strong and big, I can use it as a form of transportation, and now that I know that it has high intelligence, I definitely want it!

However, I got it angry, and is chasing me with a bloodthirsty look before I can even find the Familiar capturing spell.

Am I gonna get eaten? It’s scary how it looks now it’s angry. I’m sure I won’t regret making it as my Familiar because it is definitely suited as acting as my guard because of how scary it looks.

I can’t find the right spell in my book, where is it? What should I do in times like this?

Am I gonna get eaten after a week of just being awaken!?

The book I am rushing turning pages, is the book where all magic spells I wrote before. My knowledge has not been fully recovered a week after I woke up in my house. I’m looking for the spell to increase my speed right now as the Frogy is getting close to me.

Tsk, what page is it again!? Ah, I should use that, where is it!? No, I should use that instead of that! Ahh!

I am browsing for the spell and another spell, and another. My mind is confused of what should I look for first, because the situation might keep changing. The page of the book is so thick and is heavy, and I’m the one who wrote it before, but still I can’t remember where, what is it, and how to use it without reading the spell I want to use.

I clenched my teeth.

I’m currently using 『Physical Enhancement』spell, so that I can continue running away without having a problem about my stamina and maintaining my speed. That’s just won’t be my problem right now as long as I have mana. However later I may receive backlash for continuously using this spell. I need to get away here fast, or somehow lost the Frogy before that happens.

Uh, it’s hard to run like this with my clothes bigger than my body. My hat is annoyingly blocking my view. Why did I only grew up to this age!?

Calm down, I should calm down or else I’m gonna trip, or so I thought. 

"eh?"   I just said with awkwardness. 

After that I really tripped to the ground.

“Ouch! “

I accidentally stepped on the excess clothes of my cape when I stepped on one of the tree branch, fell, stumbled and rolled to the ground. I got few scratches in my arm and legs. It’s not that serious because I have my 『Physical Enhancement』still on. I’m just thankful that it didn’t cancel out or else, in that speed and heights, I may have received some injuries and broken some part of my body. After all this is still a young fragile body.

I don’t know what’s the odd of me stepping in my cape’s excess, I’ve been running away for long and it happened when I was thinking about it, but maybe it’s what fate leads me to.

I tried to standup, but my body hurts and because of that, I struggle to do so.

Opps, I’m check mated. I smiled awkwardly.

The frog caught up to me and stopped too because of what happened to me. Although it’s only watching me at the moment, but I can see in its eyes that it wants to eat me.

Ah! Come on, stand up! Stand up fast!

I just stopped trying to get up, my body won’t listen anymore, this is maybe the backlash of continuously using 『Physical Enhancement』with this young body. If I just turn off the skill would it worsen? No, wait, it already turned off without me noticing, I already ran out of mana?

I’m suddenly feeling surge of aches in my body, and I’m running out of breath.

I’m tired. I gave up.

I just layed down openly in the ground, stretching my arms ang legs straight, it’s like X-shaped.

Is this the end of me?

I smiled, while looking at the sky but covered with dancing tree leaves attached to their branches. 

I haven’t fully enjoyed my youth before, now it’s the same thing again but in a different way.

Oh, it's been a wonderful week of life. If this is the only worth I have after waking up, I think it will be difficult to accept. However, in order fro my soul to reach the paradise, I should not have any regrets in my death.

Wait, does someone like my race that is eyesore to Gods even permitted to reach the paradise?

That’s just sad, knowing I’ll get to become a lost soul in that can’t past the Purgatory.

Well, no use thinking about that now, I’ll just deal with it when I’m there.

After that I just closed my eyes with a smile and waited for the Frogy to eat me alive. It’s all black and dark, that’s the last thing I’ll see in my death. I won’t open my eyes as it nibbles and devours my young fragile body even if it hurts. I’ll just scream and cry in agony.

…….

1