Chapter 8 – 『Skill: “Language Proficiency” implemented. 』
103 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well this is awkward. Somehow, she had an embarrassing sudden accident while trying to run away from me, you should focus on your surroundings you know? Especially on what you’re stepping on when running that fast. In addition, you’re jumping from braches to branches of trees. She have a lot of stamina but I think, bloods of clumsiness is running in her veins. How could you step on your cape that is suppose to be swaying in the wind freely in your back?


Now I’m slightly thankful that I’m reincarnated as a Frog instead of being someone  like that, you could die in any second if not careful. I’m not saying that I don’t hate the Goddess anymore for this! But I feel sorry for this little girl.


I stopped by too, to see what she’s gonna do next. She only got few scratches and bruises. That’s is relieving, I’m not sure what to feel if she somehow got injured and broke some bones. I can’t heal her because I don’t have healing skill or even magic.


I have 『Ailment Cleanse』but does her situation counted as an “Ailment”? Surely not right?


Wait, who am I asking? Ency? No.


“Guhh.”


I noticed that she’s moving, and she’s running out of breath due to tiredness.


Uh?


She’s trying to stand up, and she’s struggling. Did the ever-limitless energy of hers ran out all ready? Well, that’s an advantage for me, I can do whatever I want to her now. Wait, not in a bad way though. I’ll just reprimand her for what happened earlier. I suspect that it’s all her doing! 


Better pose myself in defensive mode.


She looks like she’s really hurt, what should I do? To her I am a monster, well I am really a monster. I still feel sorry for her, I still have humanity left in mine.


Hmm?


She looked at me huh? What’s this girl planning? Is she not afraid of me? Well she didn’t hesitate to play around with my navigation sense, though it’s only just my speculation as she the only person around the scene.


Should I get closer to her? No! I don’t want my butt to get kicked! Seriously she’s planning something. Something like she’d do surprise stabbing! Well our flesh is hard  as steel and I can use 『Barrier』, but still I have to be careful around someone who toyed my senses. I’ve seen a lot of seen where when you get close to the enemy, that will be their chance to turn tables. So I won’t close my distance to her no matter what, I’m not as dumb as the characters in those scenes.


In addition, she might be even stronger than me or even more stronger, and now she’s acting like weak until I lower my guard. Why am I getting cautious with a little girl? Well in my experience, in public, when a children suddenly hits you for no reason, you can’t fight back as the children is with its parent, and to the extent that even the parent is looking, it won’t stop the children that is hitting you again and again, and again. So, if we tweak the logic slightly for the current situation then that could happen.


Why don’t I have atleast one of most important skill to have, the skill that can appraise anything! Because of that I have to be more careful. Should I take the initiative? Hmm, I wonder what should I use, 『Gravity Manipulation 』? No, she’s barely moving and is hurt already, although that’s what only I’m seeing but who knows if she’s just acting.


While looking at her, she suddenly relaxed her body.


Hmm? She lowered her guard? She gave up already? In time’s like this, where when all their hopes are crushed, can’t do anything anymore, the monster can freely devour them. There should be tears in her eyes, and shaking in fear now, right? But she isn’t, what a strong willed little girl.


No, I can’t be lowering my guard either, I’ll release some menacing aura for spicing the moment!


Now I’m feeling like a villain here. I grinned.


Hmm? She smiled? What is she looking at above, there’s nothing but tree leaves and the sky. Is she praying to the Gods? She can still smile in time’s like this.


Her book is separated a little far from her, and also her witch like hat that is too big for her.


Oh, she have pointy ears! Is she an Elf or something? This is! This is always my favorite in anime Isekai’s that I watched. As I had though,  she’s not really normal.


Ehem*clears throat*. If she’s really an Elf I’ll forgive her for toying with me, I can let her toy with me even more than that. Huh? Somehow I feel like my greatest ancestors are disappointed in me.


I need to begin my integration now.


 

-----

Perspective switch.


“Oi, what are you planning?”


 Frogy said, the girl still received it as a “croaking” of angry bloodthirsty monster frog.


“Kya! Please don’t eat me!”


The girl said as she looked and flinched, Frogy also didn’t understand what the girl siad.

-----


 


It’s no use. She probably can’t understand me, and I couldn’t understand her reply but she looked scared. This is troublesome.



I’ll have ro forcefully create a skill to remove our language barrier, but how?


I thought of a way to forcefully use my 『Create-Revision』skill, by bypassing Ency’s firewall, but I still couldn’t do something about it even after a few minutes.


Entering my own mind, trying to find a hole in her wall.


I feel like I’m hacking into a system, but I don’t have knowledge in terms of hacking.


I need need to think of a way fast, or else this girl might recover her strength sooner than expected!



Ugh, this time I feel really mad at Ency. She won’t even let me use my own skill for who knows what reason. She’s not telling me a thing.


After few minutes of complaining, a voice that I wanted to hear suddenly came by.


『Affirmative: Skill: “Language Proficiency” implemented.


As part of “Language Proficiency”,


Skill: “Reading Proficiency” acquired.


Skill: “Speech Proficiency” acquired.


Skill: “Tongue Speech” acquired.


You can now perfectly and easily learn to speak, read  and write different language that you hear and see. 』


A surge of mixed happiness and confusion came by inside me. I don’t know how to act, I feel like I can’t move in this happiness that I’m feeling. I can’t stop shaking in happiness.


Oh! Truly Godsend! No! System-A-send!



The skill is improving! It even tells some details now, unlike before! But wait, I didn’t even try to use i and nearly gjve up. Was it ency?


Ency, was that you who use the skill?  



She didn’t respond quickly.


『Why would I do that? Maybe someone just felt pitiful for you.』


What a sharped tongue lady, but I know she really did that for me. I’m a little happy about it. I’ll just ask her about why won’t she really let me freely use the『Create-Revision』skill after all  of this.


Now that the language barrier is gone. What should I asked to this Elf looking girl first? The same thing I asked? I’m feeling nervous talking to someone again. Not now please, this isn’t the time and place to be feeling this. I need to quickly finish the case before the night falls.


First, I need to be in friendly tone. How to do that? Just talk normally, and put some greetings in the first part of the sentence, and then add what you want to say. That’s it!


“Hello, what do you think you’re doing?”


“Guehh!? Please don’t eat me!” she childishly flinched again and shiver in fear with teary eyes, she have the strength to move her to curl body and protect herself, while still laying on the ground. She also covered her eyes with both hands.


But after that she felt like she heard something talked like her. She relaxed herself a bit and peeked to me while still covering her face.


“W-was that you who talked? “ she asked with a shaky voice.


I’m also confused, is it not really normal to talk?


Wait, I’m a monster right?


Well it doesn’t matter right now, what matters is my agenda and her agenda.


“Yes, It is I. Who else is in here? “


After saying that, she suddenly got up and sit with legs crossed crossed, something like this “v” or “w”.


Seems like she regained her strength already, did I took that long? But she isn’t trying to run away, instead she have a look of sparkly eyes, sparkly smile, and a sparkly atmosphere around her.  The trace of her fear, exhaustion and the look of crushed hope is apparently gone in a blink of an eye!


“D-did this one took your interest  truly? “ I asked her as she’s in her sparkly mood.


“You can really talk!? ” she shouted.


“T-there’s no need to shout you know?”


“Yes, but you can really talk!?” she again shouted.


What the-, she sure have regained a lot of energy again in just a few moment. Is she not hurt anymore? But I think, I can understand now, she’s just a normal curious child. However, toying in someone’s senses is unforgivable! Since she looks like an Elf, I’ll reduce my grudge into 70%. 

0