Chapter 9 – The Last Witch
98 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly she got carefree with me being a monster that can talk in front of her. This is odd, she’s was just scared of me just a moment ago. She had stand up and got her things, wears her oversized hat again and held her book, cleaned herself. Then instead of running away, she’s annoyingly poking around me.


I sighed deeply.


“Oi! Can you stop poking in weird places! “


“Oh, sorry.” She replied as she whimpered.


“Oh, sorry I’m not just used to get poked; you can continue until you’re satisfied.” I said with a frogish smile to return her energetic mood.


Why did I feel bad for her?


“Okay!” she replied and smiled innocently with her energetic mood returned.


Damn it! She really caught me off guard! She’s really cute! This isn’t fair!



Then, she continued poking me everywhere, even in some weird place of mine, it made me uncomfortable but I resisted and let her be. Why is she not afraid and disgusted of me now? Give me back my sympathy, I was wrong about her! If she’s not elf looking- No It’s not that I let her do things freely just because she’s looking like an Elf. I won’t have let her do this, but she’s enjoying it.


Somehow, I feel like I’m hearing a police siren, there should not be here, right? No! Please don’t put me in jail, I’m not having a lewd thought or anything about this little girl! I can explain! It’s not that I forced her to poke around me she did it in her own volition! She’s not my type, probably.



“I’m done! Thank you for letting me!” She said as she bowed in front of me.


I got interrupted in my running wild thoughts.


“So, it’s my turn now?” I said with a smile.


Uh, it sounded so wrong to both of us.


“Wha-?” she quickly replied as she covered her flat chested breast while being bashful about it. “No way you monster.”


What did she think I meant? Why is she covering her chest!? More importantly, why does a child know something like that? Ah, well I remember, in some light novels and anime’s that an Elf body ages slowly, even with their age number increases. I wonder how old she is now. Wait, it’s not important right now. I heard it somewhere before, that it’s a taboo to ask a girls age.


“Wait! I don’t mean it like that!” I denied our thoughts as I think we’re misunderstanding both.


“O-okay.” She replied as she relaxed.


“So, is that you who toyed with my senses?” I asked.


Hiiii! She twitched after she heard what I said. She slowly averted her eyes with a awkward smile as she muttered “Y-yes. It was me.”


I couldn’t here it clearly.


“What?”


“Yes! It twaths me! I’m zowwiee!” she replied loudly and bit her tongue in the process.


Oh, she bit her tongue, but at least she’s honest.



 I sighed internally.


“So, that was really you. Why did you do that?”


She regained her composure as seemingly like she had thought of an idea.


“Wait! Can we go to my house and talk about that there, my house is near here!” she said with her sparkly atmosphere again, not even a trace of guilt for what she did.


Now, now, look at her, is she trying to kidnap me? I won’t be fooled even if you’re an Elf looking girl.


“No, I don’t want to. My mother taught me not to go and accept invitations from strangers.”


“Oh, that’s right! We haven’t introduced ourselves yet! How could I forget something important!” she replied without again any apologetic motive.


I guess, I can go along with this. I’m not busy or anything. I forgot about the race with my siblings.



“I’ll start first! Ehem*clears throat*. According to my notes, I am Anastasia, The Last Witch! I don’t have a last name, that’s all! How about you?” She said confidently, as she does random poses in the process and at the end, she turns and did a horizontal peace sign near her right eye with a sparkly smile and a sparkly wink.


What a weird way of introduction, well it’s her introduction though, but it’s not necessary to do it in a creative way.


WAIT! SHE’S NOT AN ELF BUT A WITCH! MOREOVER! THE LAST WITCH SHE SAYS!?



“What!? You’re a witch!?” I asked loudly to my surprise.


“Shh! Hey now, don’t shout like that, someone might hunt me if they hear you saying I’m a witch according to my notes!” She tried to settle my surprises. “What did you think I am?”


“I thought you were an Elf the whole time after I saw your pointy ears.”


“Oh this?” As she touched both her ears pointed part. “Ah, according to my notes, our ears are like of those elves you spoke about, but theirs are longer.”


I noticed that she always adds ‘according to my notes’ when she talks.


“What’s with that ‘According to my notes’ phrase in your sentence?”


“Oh, that’s because it’s according to my notes!” She replied proudly.


Ug, what a straight forward person. Don’t she know about ‘elaborate further.’


“Ohh! It’s not fair that I’m the only one introducing thy selves! Don’t change the topic or else I can’t invite you to my house because of your reasoning that we are still strangers!”


She doesn’t realize that normally, monsters don’t have names. What a carefree girl.


“Uh, as you can see, I’m a Frogy monster species. A monster like me is nameless in the first place.”


She left her mouth open as she froze awkwardly, she just realized what I said.


“I’m sorry, I forgot about that, I was just so thrilled to meet a talking monster such as yourself!”


She said as she keeps bowing as apologies.


“Stop bowing already. Well, I can understand your side since you’re still a child.” I said and sighed at the end.


The temperature suddenly fluctuated high around us; it became streamy. Apparently, the reason is I offended Anastasia, I looked at her, she’s turned red and she had smokes coming out of her ears, while clenching her teeth and hands. She looked like an angry gorilla.


This bad, I feel like my existence is in danger.


“Don’t tell me I’m still a child! According to my notes, I’m already 300 years old mentally!” She said angrily.


Those words rung in my ear loudly, especially the 300 years old part.


After hearing that, I having a face looking like a “What!? Are you serious!?” with a jaw dropping moments. It left me a deep impression; I feel like I shouldn’t have approached her, she’s older than my living grandparents!


“What? Are you surprised for? I’m the one who should be the one surprised that a monster is talking in the same language like me.” She said with confidence.


“Sorry for approaching, I’ll just head home now.” With a gloomy face, I said as I tried to walk away. 


“You’re not going yet! Come to my house! I’ll explain everything there, even your concerns with me!”


“Wait! “


After she said that, she gripped me strongly and dragged me to my feet heading to her so called house. I feel like I don’t have a strength to resist her, as my social energy ran out because of disappointment.  How come she is strong that she can even drag me, I assume my weight is twice than hers, or even more. Is there a trick on it? She’s really strong.


A few minutes have past, I stopped trying to resist, I just let my self be dragged by her looking at the sky which I just noticed it’s already dusk. Trying to remember something that I seem to forgot, and things like how my day was made, and it’s full of chasing. I smiled slightly.


Speaking of chasing, I remembered.


Oh Shit! I forgot about the race!



However, It’s too late now. I have no choice but to just go hunt as I return. We’re already in front of looking like the house of Anastasia. But all I can see is a big thick tree!


She let go of me and I stand up calmly while waiting for what she would do next.


She snapped her finger, after that the tree is getting more detailed, things like windows and hanged lamps slowly appearing in a dramatic magical sparkly way.


“That’s my magic, Illusionary Magic. I hid my house using it so that no one will find out about where I live, you better not go telling others! Specifically, those of Humans according to my notes! Okay!?”


“Uh, okay.” I replied as I’m still mesmerized with the dramatic appearance of her house.


It’s an old thick tree and it’s healthy, this tree can act like a shed in middle of morning sun as the leaves are big, and slightly compressed. I can imagine a fresh warm air in time like that. It’s unlikely what I imagined that it would be a rotting tree since she’s a witch. It has a window around it lamps hanging in the branches and the entrance door in front of us. I’m feeling more of fantasy vibes.


“Welcome to my house! Feel free to call it your home too!” She said proudly with her arms wide open.


“Why should I do that? We’re not even related to each other.” I said with a straight face.


“You’re so boring, just go with the fun!” she said after a sigh.


I can see it clearly now, that she really acts like not fitting for her physical age, with the knowledge of that she really is 300 years old mentally. How is that possible?


“I wonder, what should I call you now. It feels really awkward for me knowing that you’re past my age.” I muttered.


“Don’t worry about ages, instead focus on my looks at the present, but please don’t call me a child anymore. Just call me Anastasia, okay? You can even give me nickname if you want!” she pouted. “And with that, we will discuss matters about you being nameless, but first let’s go inside, it’s getting dark and a little freezing here outside.”


“You say that but, uh whatever.”


“eh? What?” she replied acting like confused.


She then opened the door. Smiled dangerously to me, and waited for me to walk as she wants me to enter first. It should be the opposite right? I’m suppose to be the one doing that! My pride as a man is being stepped on here. But without further complaints, I just go and walked inside. There’s no need to argue for matters like that now.


I looked around for a bit. Here, we are in a seemingly living room, she has a lot of furniture’s created from the tree. Of course, the wall, ceiling and floor is the tree itself as well. A dim lamp is lit, a lot of bookshelves with a lot of compressed books in it. The long table in the corner have a lot of tools that I don’t know of, maybe it’s all witchcraft related. I don’t see a cauldron with a suspicious substance in it though, maybe it’s in the kitchen place. The chairs, it also have well arranged sofas, a soft carpet a stairs leading above and below.


I imagined it as there’s cobwebs everywhere and messy. However, my expectations were note met, it is tidy cleaned, maybe she has a living broom stick to clean the house for her, after all she’s a witch right?


After I safely entered, she also did and closed the door, locked it. Then she again she snapped her finger.


“Did you conceal this place again?” I asked.


“Yes, for my safeties too.” She replied with a smile.


“So, I’m really kidnapped here.”


“No, you’re not. I already said that we are to discuss our matters here beforehand.”


“Yet, you can’t deny the fact that you forcefully dragged me down here. Why are you so strong? I’m sure my weight is more than yours, in addition my body is bigger than yours.”


“Ah, it’s because I’m using 『Physical Enhancement』 spell, I used it to while I was running away from you but I ran out of mana after I stumbled.”


So that’s the reason behind my thoughts of her ever-limitless stamina before, and she replenished her mana quickly too, does she have an 『MP-Recovery』 skill too, that helps her mana recover faster? Well, I’m sure I answered my own question.


She also have the skill that I need, I’m envy.


“Uh, that cleared out my thoughts about why you can for a long time without any rest.”


“So, you were thinking hard about it back then? How pitiful.” She replied with a smug.


I was annoyed.


“Quit that smug on your face! I’ll smack you!”


She brushed it off with her cute giggle.


“All right, back with our matter. Let’s sit first.”


“Well, what do you think am I doing right now? Don’t you realize that I’m sitting in the floor already?”


“Opss, my bad.” She replied awkwardly.


Then she sat on a chair and then I go in front of her so we could face each other. I just sat on the floor as I am bigger than the chairs she has, the chairs might break if I try to sit on it.  Even if she can use some sorts of enhancements in the chair, it won’t be uncomfortable for me to sit on a chair smaller than my butt.

1