Chapter 14 – Mori Neutral City: Sudden Disaster
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was previously Chapter 6, I returned this chapter because I think this is the right time to bring this up. Nothing changed, I only added a little.

Just the same day when Frogy is still being chased by Killer Mosquito.

Mori Neutral City 

- City in the center of forest and surrounded by nations kingdoms.

- Trading center/route. 

- A city inside a  wall

This place is well known as one of the trading center and route from the nearby kingdoms in the continent. A wealthy city, where Humans, Demihuman, Elves, and Dwarf are freely and equally living by a rule. Their wealth solely comes from marketing, trading, and an Adventures Guild is established where their additional income roots.

High end buildings, advancement of magi technology, education, innovation, research, and trading is the focus of this city. A normal developing city like in Earth, not to the level that haves skyscrapers. They use magic fueled land vehicles, some with wheels, some hovers, though, they still use horse drived transportations, like wagons, carriage and so on. They have yet to reach a discovery and creating an air transportation. They also  have their own army to protect the city from threats outside. 

A place that shouldn’t be involve with wars with other races, the 4 created such treaty during their peacetalks few years ago. 

The city is divided into 4 divisions, 1st division are for Base of Army and Adventures Guild, and where the North Gate of the city is also located. 2nd division are where blacksmiths, weapon shops, food stalls, restaurants, tailor shop, clothings shop and many daily necessities, South Gate can be found here. Households and the West Gate is in  3rd division of the city, educational structures and East Gate is in 4th division. 

Competitive in sales, is sometimes becoming an issue where they were willing to kill each other. However, the Commerce Guild which is established by an agreement from different Kingdom, created a decree for fair trading and marketing values. Their leaders are consisting of 4 person, representative of one each race assigned by their kingdoms ruler.

Small entrepreneurs, even bigger corporations finding fortunes surely loves this place. A lot of wealthy figures stayed and built their home inside the city’s wall. Adventures can be seen in every street. All sides of the walls are frequently patrolled for the safety of citizens.

Even with patrols, there is still chances of breach from higher level monsters. Their solution to that is they erected a dome of barrier and thick concrete wall covering the whole city. In the past year not a single monster can get past or break the barrier. Centuries have past since the barrier last broken  by a monster in a level or above of dragon. Till then until present it’s not been broken again as they strengthen with the help of knowledge and advancement of their magic to enhance the barrier. However they have no idea of the limit of the current barrier erected. 


Inside the adventures guild, a bar where adventurerd can drink, eat or do their meeting  is established. A usually organized chairs and tables are being disorganized after a night.

It’s morning and it’s crowded. 

“Yo, how many 『Rhino Deer』have you killed today?”

“Huh? It’s still early I haven’t gone outside to do some subjugate request yet.”

A two big muscled adventurer, wearing a hat, and their adventuring outfit talking loudly to each other, while holding a mug of ale in the counter of the bar area of the guild. 

“Man that sucks, isn’t it supposed to be ‘the earlier you are, more money you’ll have.’”

“That logic only applies in you! Also, you’re saying that but you keep burning money for alcohols! I’m not here for money, I’m here to see our beautiful receptionist!”

He gazed to the Guilds receptionist talking to another adventurer inquiring in her desk. His eyeballs turning into a shape of heart.

“You already have two sons, yet you’re still fantasizing to other women.” He sighed internally as a disappointment to his friend.


Adventurers Guild - Receptionist Desk, 

The receptionist handed out a metal card to the young man in front of her, which is their official identification card for their adventures. 

“Is there anything else you need Mr. Ross?” the beautiful, below shoulder length blond haired, wearing a headband with blue eyes, receptionist asking the adventurer, as she finished signing a document for him. 

It’s the young man Ross’s debut for being Adventurer, he just finished his interview and test from the guild master successfully, and is now signing some documents relating to his personal informations. A happiness can be shown in his face. It’s been his dream to become one. 

“A- e, Can I take some quest right away Ms. Bianca?” Ross asked as he took the card. 

“Of course, but you can only take a quest that is equal, lower, and atleast not higher than 1 of your current rank.” Ms. Bianca replied with a friendly beautiful smile. “I suggest you shouldn’t take what you can’t finish as you will not just get penalty but you may put yourself in danger.”

Woah, she’s really beautiful as rumored, Ross thought. 

Ross got bewildered by Bianca’s beauty. “Okay then.”

Ross walk to take a request paper from the board where request from clients are being posted just 5 meters away from the receptionist desk. 

Bianca returned to her usual minor work in her desk, organizing files and looking at request from clients.

“Hmm,what should I get as my first job.” Ross deciding as he is browsing the board of request’s. “Ah! This one, a 『Dark Wolf』 subjugation and it say they need  the furs at perfect condition. Uh looks hard for a F-rank like me, oh it’s a D-ranked request nevermind. Next! ”  

Ross continued to browse and he take a look on another one. 

“This! This is easy and it’s F-ranked request, it just need to find 5 eggs of 『Buffed Roster』, I’ll take it! “

As soon as Ross decided to took the paper he chosed for his work, he immediately returned to the desk of Bianca. 

He felt suddenly felt surge of nervousness, and butterflies in his stomach starting to slowly rampage. He couldn’t speak straight. 

“C-c-can I take you out?” 

Ross voice is disoriented because of his nervousness. 

“Hmm!?”

Dumbfounded Bianca, her eyes wide opened and paused her work after she heard Ross. 

She’s not prepared in hearing those words at the moment, even though she’s being ask out everyday by a lot of men from the guild, ending up in rejections. It’s not that he got her vulnerable heart, she just didn’t expect to hear those word coming him at time lile this. It’s still not time for this scenario. Why? 

Their eye’s are locked into each other, not realizing what is real. 

Ross didn’t realized immediately what he is saying,. He is still in the state of appreciation of Bianca’s beauty, which ignited more because their eyes met and locked their gaze. Whoa our eyes locked on each other! Could this be a sign!? Eh, wait she’s not taking the request paper, she didn’t hear what I said? 

Ross thought she couldn’t hear what he said, and repeated. 

“Can I take you out?” while Ross is trying to hand over paper he is holding containing a request from a client of the guild. 

“Ex-“

*Boom**

Before Bianca could reply, a loud explosion occurred outside. After the explosion a weak earthquake occurred that shook furnitures and other items for a little, followed by a sound of weak sound of rumblings in the air surging like a tsunami from their North. 

“W-what is that?”

The soldier that is in peace, stationed at the north gate lookout outpost noticed a rumbling coming from the forest in their north, hearing that he goes to see what’s happening. After seeing that he immediately run to the device where they use magic to communicate with his face of despair. 

“Distaster! Everyone a big disaster is coming!”

**clang clang clang***

The bell in the middle of the city which have never been touched for centuries, heavily rung by the guard in charge. The bell is only rung when a threat or emergency that involves the whole city occurs, and this is the time. 

**rumble rumble** The rumblings gets louder and louder. 

The shockwaves are coming, the earthquake became stronger, until  the surge shockwave reached the city. At the third surge of shockwave the barrier and part of the city wall broke and disintegrated into different shapes. 

**crash**

“T-the barrier, no way.”

The citizens who saw the barrier broke has the looks of despair and losing sanity, some person broke in to tears. People seeking for safe place but can’t seem to find any. 

While the earthquake is still occurring, soldiers and adventures were quickly instructed to do rescue and evacuations. Prioritizing wealthy business figures and nobles, next are citizens. 

The peaceful city of Mori, the citizens where terrified, despairing, screaming and panicked by the disturbance. The barrier that they are proud of and has been known to be broken centuries ago and been strengthen since then was once again broken. 

Buildings were wrecked, a lot of people got injured, some died. 

If you’re wondering where the shockwaves came from it, it’s from Frogy’s thrust before diving, his feet pushed back the air as he dived that caused a two shockwaves, and the other one is from the impact between him and the ground, the shockwave that broke the barrier and penetrated the walls. The forest trees, monsters living in the range, and adventures who’s on their mission got trampled. 

The earthquake wasn't the one that did the most damage, but the shockwaves. 

After 10 minutes, the mini earthquake and shockwaves have stopped. It left collapsed builds, furnitures, scattered items, left some injured and few persons that died by a fallen debris and got crushed by collapsed buildings. Destroyed parts of the city wall, especially the part of wall  where it withstood the shockwave. 

The people’s where left in shock, confusion some can’t get over their despair of experiencing and seeing their love ones die in front of them, can’t let out a word in their mouths. However some well trained soldiers and  adventures remained standing strong in their feet to rescue and provide assistance after disaster aftermath. Some continue to do their thing and fix what can be fixed at the moment.

After an hour of shock and confusion, while everyone is trying to get over things, a screen was projected that everyone can see in the middle of the city. **screech** There in the projected screen appeared a 4 persons, dressed in a formally. 

1