Chapter 16 – Mori Neutral City: Dinner Meeting
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After their short announce9ment and showing sympathy to their citizens. They organized a dinner meeting in evening to discuss what actions and precautions to take.

In the middle of the conference room, a round table with a seat of four is situated. There four persons are sitting in elegance, wearing some not so formal and not so casual clothes, while also maintaining it as they sip a wine in glass and fill their mouth with overly high class food layed on the table. Two buffed men, wearing a military clothes standing, behind them is the entrance door, acting as guards for the four persons. A mixed elegance and serious aura emitting in the room but-

“So, what are your plans?” A man in one of the four seats spoke first as he put a meat in his mouth then chewed, it is no other than Gail the Dwarf

“Gail, your manners. Don’t talk while you’re mouth is full.” mumbled by another man, yet what he says is ironic as he also talked while his mouth full, seating in opposite chair of Gail, it is Elrand the Elf. 

“Silence! Don’t disturbed my only moment of peace of mind!” shouted by another man while havjng tears in eyes as he’s eating, directed to the guy who’s eating manner less in the table, Furstenberg of Demihumans, a haft beast-half human.


Other than the 3 men who are eating like savages and mannerless, is a beautiful woman starting to get irritated at what’s happening in front of her. ‘Truly, it is supposed to be a casual dinner meeting, but not as casual as what’s happening in front of me,’she thought. She might let it be if this is nothing but a dinner only, but they have another matters to talk about, yet they are all too focused on eating.  In addition, speaking while their mouth is full is unacceptable matter in front of a imperial royalty like her, and the other 3 is member of royals in their own country too, in fact she may have the highest authority.

“Shut it you hypocrites! Your manners where are they!? Eating like that in front of me!? Unacceptable!” Clothilde said angrily too and slammed the table, but she also does the same. She then stuffed her mouth with a piece of meat.

“You’re doing it – “ before Furstenberg can finish his sentence, a knife suddenly flew straight fast through his ear, he nearly got hit, the knife got struck in the wall behind Furstenberg. If he didn’t notice it a late second, his ear might have been cut off. That gave him shivers and he stayed silent, as he looked and saw where did the knife trajectory came from. It was from Clothilde  with a sharp stare in front of him in the other side of the table who’s arm still stretched after throwing the knife.

“Did you want to say something, Furstenberg?” She said with soft voice, and a menacingly beautiful smile and aura. As she stabbed the tender meat in her plate with a fork. The other two in the table, and even the two guards in the door flinched in fear.

“No- nothing ma’am!!” Furstenberg answered as his beast instinct kicked in, that if he answered the question in dissatisfaction of Clothilde, a knife wouldn’t be what’s to be thrown to him next.

“Good.” Clothilde smiled purely, then continued to gobble the meat. Thus, the peace have reign again in the room. They decided that they should finished the dinner first, then for go the planned meeting. As discussion with food in front of them is distraction.


 

Minutes  have past, they finished their dinner. The plates and other stuff they use in their dinner have been cleaned and replaced with document papers and files. It is supposed to be another matter to be taken seriously but they decided not to be in too much tension, as it could clouded their judgment. Not so serious, not so lightly handled.


“So, we suppose to have two suspects here. The demons, and a dragon descending from the north mountains chains. However, the guard in charge in the outpost that time, dragons are easily spotted in air and ground as they have large build but he didn’t spot a single being in air. Which leads me to deduct the dragons from the culprits.” Clothilde proposed as she is leaning her chin in her fist. Holding some papers in her other hand. The report she have said was gathered before their dinner, she ordered some of her people to get information after the disaster calmed. Even though it’s maybe  not the best time, but they need to work on it so that they can prepare of what’s to come next. “Which only leaves the demons.”

“Hmm, Demons huh? Don’t joke like like that.  Although there might be powerful being in their side, but I never imagined that they have someone that strong to break the barrier easily with just shockwaves.” Elrand continued. He acts like he have a better a insight than the other three. He never really imagined as he was never in the front line before. The other two have experienced the tension and terror in front lines, but they didn’t bother on trying to explain it to a man who’s only have lust in ruling positions.

“In addition, the alliance also currently intercepting their invasion in the border of human nation and Demon nation. Did they split their forces? They must have s lot of confidence thinking that they could push through the lines of defense of the Alliance with the presence of Heroes.” Furstenberg added. Heroes he says, by human nations kingdoms they are persons with overpowered gifts and talent, that suppose to be used to easily defeat their enemies. They summon 5 heroes from  another world, and another 5 are born and choosen in this world, after the multiple attempts of Demons invading through the counting years. Having 10 heroes in total, yet they still can’t push back and corner the demons. It’s the same with demons side. The war seems not to be ending soon. As when other group gets power, the other gets the same for some reason.



War between the four different races have been long ceased, but what remains only are the Demons. The Dwarf, Elf, Demihuman decided to aid the human nation to intercept them, as an act of being friendly nation. Thus, the alliance is created after the Mori Neutral City prospered, which they saw as an example, they also built their headquarters in the city. The grudge and regrets may still be looming all over them, but as years goes by, it’s only a little part of their history now. Though prejudices are still everywhere, but it’s not a problem as they have binded in a law with equal and fair punishment to prevent at least.


“It can be, this might be a diversion. They want the Alliance will lessen their force in the border, at least that’s what I think.” Gail said with a serous tone. He never doubt his judgment, and so the others too. He’s born  a strategist, that made Clothilde’s struggle too when they did a military joint exercise before, but Clothilde still broke through it. “So, we will still inform about it to the Alliance, but we will handle it with our own strength if anything.”

“We still don’t know the truth behind it, but that explosion seems to be extremely strong. If that hit directly in the city, who knows if there’s still someone left standing here? That explosion seemly can evaporate a whole Kingdom.”

“True, and that maybe just a warning. And them being organized without a leader is just-, wait, maybe they already have a leader! Some Demon King thing arises!”

“Don’t be absurd, the Demon King is already long gone. However you might righ in that.”

“W-what?! I thought Demon King’s are just in legends!”

“Well, we have heroes that are supposed to be just in legends too, and they’re in our side though."

“Guh”


After exchanging some more words, they let all let out a stern look and stayed silent for a bit as they read some documents. As they are not really sure of what’s the cause, and who’s really behind that. Their lack of information made it worse.

Hours have past as they still continued to discuss things seriously, and basing in documents of intelligence they have, but they still didn’t come up in anything solid.

“Isn’t that just a Mana Disaster? No?” Gail proposed. 

“That way of thinking is just optimistic, you know that there’s a prolonging war in the human border right!?”Furstenberg replied angrily as he slammed the table and stand up. 


“You guys might just be over thinking come on. A Mana Disaster is naturally occurring these days.” Gail denied Furstenberg with a carefree smug.


Although a mana disaster has become like a natural phenomenon to them, but that’s just a lazy mistake of those who manage mana. The living beings in this world have no real idea behind it. Even if some just randomly saying what’s really behind it, they won’t believe it as there’s no proof that they exist. Mana Disasters are taking in a form of ‘Typhoon, Earthquake, Sudden Explosion that the disaster scales like Earthquake, Tornadoes, and so on.’ They come unexpectedly and random places. They currently have no way to pinpoint with precise accuracy of where and when is the next location that it will happen.


“I’ll kill you! you’re so usel-“.

“Yeah, it could be too. But as Furstenberg said, we have to be cautious if anything Gail. Furstenberg you should calm down a little. We are just in the same boat, opinions should be considered. ”


Before Furstenberg finished his sentence and as he tried to go draw a sword in a weapon stand in the room, he was stopped by Clothilde’s calm words and act. Furstenberg sees her, and was amazed by her calmness during times like this. That made him calm a little.

“S-sorry Clothilde, it just got  to my head.” Furstenberg said in apologetic manner and then proceed to go back and sit down, then he looked at Gail who felt a little scare from his act, but is also calmed down after Clothilde’s word. “Sorry too Gail, this might be an effect for not being in front line for a long time.”

“U-uh, sorry too. My carefreeness got into your nerves.” Gail replied as he compose his self.


Then, They continued to discuss again calmly, speaking their opinions and trying to combine and deduct some of their speculations that seems to be not related. They are desperate, and ended up finishing at midnight with only few things decided. They concluded the meeting with an agreement that they should mobilize a investigation party of high ranking Adventurers, and some of their powerful knights in the site for now to gather more info. And to atleast scout surrounding the site if there’s anything suspicious, that would help them decide om what to do next. The party will be sent in mid morning as they  still need some preparation for their journey. And as for the city, they calculated the damage cost and they decided to give some help to recover quickly and cover some cost of the damage. They calculated that it would take 2-3 weeks for the reparation of the buildings, city walls, and path ways. As for the city barrier, they’re still not sure on how long will it take for it to be upped again even with their magic technology advancements.

1