Chapter 17 – Demons’ Encampment: Investigation Party
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few days, from when the leaders of Mori Neutral City dispatched an investigation party to the site of the forest explosion.  There, Demons Army Camp is located about 12 kilometers north of the site. The explosion caused extensive damage to them. About 20,000 demon army members have been camping there for a week; half of them were injured and about a third were killed by the explosion because they happen to be much closer to the shockwaves, tremors, or explosion like site. After reorganizing, reestablishing the camp, headcounting, and regaining the demon army's morale, the acting head commander of the army dispatched a few units to investigate the explosion site.


"Wow, take a look at this! This scenery makes me feel as if a God has just descended his wrath here!"


“This is kinda amazing but at the same time, I’m kinda scared.”


"Oi, what do you think caused that explosion?" Is that an Alliance warning shot? "Have we already been discovered?"


"It could be, but don't jump to conclusions just yet, okay? Also, be careful. There might be someone from alliance around here."


After neary an hour of investigation in the surrounding area, four from the party of eight Demons are exchanging words about the causes of the explosion as they approach the site. The party consists of two Imps with their weapon tridents, two Hobgoblin with swords, two Werewolf, and two Lesser Demon Spirit. But they decided to split themselves into two groups, with one each of their kind in the group. 


"Look down there at the bottom!"


As he pointed to the bottom center of the deep pit, the Werewolf called out to his three companions. They all looked at it and then walked towards it after something in the bottom piqued their interest. There were some monsters flying around, and they were 「Beetle Flies」 and Crows. They killed the monsters that attacked them as they approached it. The monsters were territorial, and they mistook the demon party for someone attempting to steal their food. The demons also believed they were impeding their progress.


 Then finally, they reached the thing. 


"Wuh, this stinks!"

"What exactly is this?" Is this something that was just caught, or is it the main target?"

"Well, it's not clear what kind of thing this is."

They see a crushed body, flesh and bones of something, and a dried blood stain on the ground in front of them. One of them picked up some pickable flesh in an attempt to figure out what the problem the thing was.

"This looks like a Killer Mosquito, look it has a big stinger!"

Hobgoblin, the demon who had been inspecting the body, came to a conclusion in front of the other three. And everyone appears to agree with him as they try to imagine it in their heads.


Following that, they heard the sound of flesh being cut. Then, for a split second, the unprepared Hobgoblin was stabbed in the back through the heart, then cut in half in parallel. Following that, blood spurted as the demon's body fell to the ground. A person clad in metal armor and wielding a bloody sword can be seen. There is blood on his face and armor, he is smiling, and he is in a crouching position; based on this, the other demons believe that this person is the one who cut their ally in half in an instant. Some of the killed demon's blood splattered on the other demons' faces, bodies, and clothing. 

After witnessing it, their faces changed to terror anf despair, and they cursed and cried out the name of their companion.

The demons were so enraged by the death of their companion that they quickly cast some enchantments on their bodies. The Werewolf's muscles grew and his veins became thicker. The Werewolf howled in rage before leaping into the back of the swordsman in armor and swiping it with all his strength with his enhanced right sharp claws. However, the swordsman easily parried the claw with such force with his sword that the Werewolf's arm was knocked back. He was also on the verge of being slashed if he hadn't dodged the swordsman's counterattack.

The Werewolf jumped back to plan his next attack, but three more unarmored swordsmen surrounded him from above. The Imp swung and attacked with his trident as he flew above the swordsman who killed the Hobgoblin in an instant. He was interrupted, however, as he attempted to avoid an incoming attack from above. Five arrows struck his right wing. Some arrows passed through his wing and became stuck, causing the Imp to scream in pain and lose his balance. 

As the Imp was on the verge of collapsing, the first swordsman leapt to reach him and swung his sword. However, he was only partially successful in cutting off the Imp's tail because the Imp was able to dodge and fly a little higher to avoid being reached. The Imp has experienced and screamed pain and despair once more, and blood is dripping from his wounds. He struggled and fell to the ground completely because he could no longer control his balance in the air. The Lesser Demon Spirit was perplexed the entire time.

“Apro! Run! Reassemble with the others and report back to the commander; we'll buy you some time!" The encircled Werewolf yelled angrily to the Lesser Demon Spirit. "Don't come back here until you've reported to the commander; these guys are tough!"


“But!” The lesser demon spirit hesitated to flee because he couldn't leave his companions behind. 

"It's okay, you're more suited to that task, and I know you can do it." Physical assault will not work on you. They'll figure out how to hurt you if you don't hurry!" The Werewolf smiled and put all his hope and faith in Apro to complete the mission, report back their findings, and inform their Commander of the Alliance presence in the area. He knows they won't make it out alive, even if the other group shows up. They still don't stand a chance, and the Imp agreed as well. The Imp should be able to flee as well, but it's too late for him now. Then Apro hesitated again, but he had the guts to flee and run.


"Are you done saying your goodbyes yet?"

"Don't say things like that; I'm feeling sorry for the demon right now."

“Oi! Don't let that demon get back to their house!"

The three swordsmen who surrounded the Werewolf said, and one of them attempted to stop the escaping demon. The Werewolf groaned and jumped, stopping the swordsman who was pursuing his companion.

"Your adversary has arrived, sir asshole!" I'm not going to let you pass through here!"

"Tsk, where have the others gone?! Why are they so sluggish?! Tell them to go after the eluding demon!" In his annoyance at being blocked and stopped by the Werewolf, the swordsman clicked his tongue.


Their fight and clashes then lasted several minutes. The strong resistance of the two demons left also injured and wounded some of the swordsman's group. The other members of their group were unable to apprehend the escaped demon. The swordsman's team that arrived consisted of ten people in total, and they were the one’s sent as an investigation party by the Mori Neutral City's leader. They continued to struggle to stop the resistance of two demons, as the demons grew stronger and stronger for reasons they didn't understand. The demons also have self-regeneration, which makes them difficult to deal with. Both sides were exhausted, but the demons were defeated in the end. They weren't killed; instead, the swordsman's party sealed their magic, arms, and feet. They were required for interrogation.

They didn't try to find the demon camp or the demon that escaped as a group after their fight. They assumed it would be dangerous and easily discovered if the demons had an army nearby. Rather, they dispatched two people to scout the area for the possible location of the demons' encampment. They then returned to Mori Neutral City with their demon as prisoners, leaving the scouts to their own devices.

1