Chapter 18 – Demons’ Encampment: Reporting and Preparation
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Lesser demon spirit dashed forward as fast as he could. He finally found the other group after a few minutes of searching. The others were enraged after learning that one of them had been killed, especially the Hobgoblin, whose it is his brother that had been killed. This group's Hobgoblin and Imp attempted to go to where the fight was taking place, but were stopped by the other three. They know what's important, and if they hurry up and report, or even call reinforcements in the camp, they'll still get back to them quickly. After running for minutes, they finally reached the camp.

"You've already returned, huh?" said one of the demons they encountered inside the encampment. In the eyes of this demon, they were completely exhausted.

"We don't have much time to waste!" "Where has the commander gone?!?" Werewolf stated as he leaned his arm against the demon they came across with. The demon got slightly startled by the act. 

"Ah, W-why are you guys so tired?" He scratched the back of his head in confusion, then looked at the other demon in the party that had arrived for a moment. "By the way, don't you have eight of you?" "Where have the other three gone?" 

The group twitched, clenched their fists, and clicked their tongues.

"C-calm down, O-oi." With a hand gesture, the demon took a small step back.

"That's why we don't have time to waste." Lesser Demon Spirit from the attacked group said with a gloomy expression and tone.


The demon finally spoke to where their commander is, and the party proceeded to their commander without hesitation, to carry out the mission they were given. But the commander was nowhere to be found, despite what the first demon they met told them. They had to ask another of their kind because the commander had already moved to a different location in the encampment. Then after a few minutes of searching, they finally found their commander.

It was already past noon by the time they found their commander. They discovered him in one of the tents. They hesitated to enter at first, because they were hearing a moan inside the tent, they thought they got the wrong tent. But then, one from the party entered, he saw their commander, naked with a girl above him in the bed, having fun and having sex with a succubus. He got embarrassed a bit, so he stepped outside quickly and told the other party members. 


“Sir! We have completed our survey mission!" After a minute of waiting, they got impatient. One of the demons in the party tried to communicated with their commander outside in front of the tent, but their commander ordered them to wait in the meeting tent before they finished the first sentence of the report. However, the party couldn't take it any longer and attempted to confront their commander. 

"But, sir-!" A sword was thrown and ripped where it passed through the tent's door. The sword was stabbed and struck the demom's shoulder, as he tried to respond. Following that, the Demon let out a reaction being in pain with the recoil, then his knees fell to the ground with his blood dripping from his stabbed shoulder. 

“Silence! “Are you disobeying my orders?” The voice of the commander heard from inside the tent. And then, they were reprimanded rather than heard. The other demons that witnessed it helped the demon that got stabbed to recover, and then they convinced the party to just wait and pbey the commanders order. With that, they didn’t have a choice but to go and wait in the meeting tent as what their commander ordered.


Five hours have passed since their commander told the demon investigation party to wait in the meeting tent, and he has still not arrived. It’s almost dusk, and they’ve already lit up some magical stone as a source of light inside the tent. Outside of the tent, or the entire Demon Encampment, only touches are used. They were waiting patiently, but their patience was wearing thin.


"Isn't the commander taking too long?! "

"Not just too long, but forever." "I think."

"Tsk, slacking at times like this." My brother could have been killed by now."

"Well, we could tell you were slacking."

"I know, but we can't keep defying the commander or we'll be kicked out, or worse, executed."

Five of the Demon Investigation party's eight members are still conversing and sitting at the long table under the big meeting tent. They'd had enough of waiting. During their wait, the Hobgoblin and Werewolf attempted to return to their companion who had become involved in a fight, but were stopped by the others.


They stated that it would be suicide, and they have no idea how many of their enemies are to be exact. They also attempted to recruit from the Demon Army, but were turned down because they lacked the authority to order the others around.


Demons in the past did not work in groups; instead, they went berserk on their own. Until they were thrashed by a powerful beimg. If they are beaten by a stronger opponent, they will submit. However, there is one unbreakable rule that they must follow even if they don't want to. They will obey the Demon King's chain of command and orders; they will not defy the Demon King's power unless they want to be executed.

Demons were not unified until the next era of a Demon King came into being. According to legend, the Demon Gods choose a new Demon King after 300 years since the death of the previous Demon King. The Demon God will bestow an insignia on multiple Demons or at least members of the Demon Kin. Those who have the insignia will kill or force themselves to surrender when they are ready, until only one is left standing. The last man standing bearing the selection insignia will be given more power by the Demon Gods, and then become the next Demon King. 

Also, according to legend, the Demon King has nearly half the power of the Demon Gods. And beneath the Demon King are the Demon King's most trusted subordinates, the Four Heaven Kings. In addition to the Demon King, they have the authority to manage the Demon Army, Logistics, and other Kingdom-like functions. As a result, one of them became the Demon King's Army Commanding General. 


"The General have arrived!" The announcement was made by a demon who was stationed in the meeting tent as an acting guard. The demon party, who had been arguing amongst themselves, came to a halt, stood up, and saluted in unison.

A robust man walks into the tent, his chest forward, a sharp golden mustache, golden eyes, bald, clad in jet black myrthil armor without helmet, and a baddas-looking sword sheathed and attached to his waist. He is the Demon Army's Commanding General and one of The Demon King's Four Heavenly Kings, Golden Barudo. Following him in his back are two beautifully erotic succubus dressed in slightly revealing clothes.

The three walk directly to the empty seat at the end of the long table,with twelve seats. But the Demon General only sat, while the two succubus stands behind him. Everyone inside the tent can feel the strong demonic aura leaking intently from Demon General Golden Barudo, which has also made them silent. 


"I know I took a long time, but I'm not going to apologize." I just didn't get enough satisfaction from just one succubus. "If these two didn't satisfy me enough, I might have taken my time and called another one." The Demon General leaned his arms against the table, then hunched his chin in his arm as he spoke, a solemn expression on his face. The two succubus were also fidgeting and blushing with an erotic smile, and their pupils briefly transformed into hearts. Everyone then took their seats. "You may now begin preparing your reports."

This guy! I swear I'll kill him when I get the chance.

As a result, their reports and discussions with other officers that arrived a little began immediately. The Lesser Demon Spirit, who escaped and witnessed everything, was the first to report what he saw, and the other group quickly followed. The debate lasted several hours. Instead of providing backup for the two members of the investigation party, the General instructed his subordinates to prepare for the worst. So, without further ado, they all moved in accordance with what had been ordered.

1