Chapter 19 – Demons’ Encampment: A warm welcome
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month have past since the Alliance and Demons incident in the deep crater investigation of both sides. They all prepared for something, for something big. Specifically the Demons who took devastating damage in their encampment and their reduced head counts. 

The Demons called for additional five thousand demon army, food supplies and equipments from their homeland, the transportation of goods and the reinforcements that took about almost a month by foot. The demons homeland is located at far North-West of Mori Neutral City, to be exact North of Human Nations border, in Western foot of the high mountain chains of ‘Dragalia’, and past the Long River in Great Forest of Grace, the forest where Mori Neutral City. Also, it is where the little part of the forest that Ares Astra and Anastasia Astra resides.


The Demons encampment relocated in the forest’s meadow. 

Some night before the battle, in one of the tent of Demon’s Encampment.

“Sir Barudo, everything is ready. Also,  the scouts have witnessed presence of the Alliance Southeast from here.”

A demon kneeing and reporting in front of his commander inside a dim-lit tent. Barudo sighed, he is currently sitting comfortably, crossed legs in a big arm chair, groping the two succubus sleeping on his arms and lap.

“I see, they trying to get in our way.” 

“I think so too, sir. They have approximately 10 thousand knights, and two heroes are present in their camp too.”

“Hm, they decided to want to crush as huh. But worry not, if things get hard for all of you, I will see it myself.” 

“Yes sir, we are grateful for your presence and your help.”

“Have you determined their commander in charge?”

“Yes sir, it is the Imperial Princess Clothilde Leclair and Furstenberg of the Beast Kingdom.”

Barudo was stopped groping as he heard the names, then he smirked. 

Clothilde huh, so we are fated to meet again. 

“….. “ 

Barudo paused for a moment and thinking of something. 

“S-sir?”

“….. I see. I changed my mind then, there’s a little change in plan. When the time comes, I’ll enter the battlefield myself.”

“We are most grateful sir, but I think it’s not worth your time.”

“No, luring out and having Clothilde in the battlefield is worth the trouble.”

“I understand sir. That would be all.”

“Um” Barudo nodded, then he stand up waking up the succubuses. “Gather a unit demons into formation, for now, we will give them a warm welcome in this cold night, right away in my signal.”

“Roger that sir.” 

The demon left the tent affer bowing, while Barudo is standing with an expectant face, with the Succubuses hugging his arms. 

“Ah, I will make you mine. Clothilde.” Barudo murmured as he smirked with his intention. 


****----****


The reparations of the Mori Neutral city have been completed. The party that alliance sent to the crater have returned with their captured demons’member, the Werewolf and Imp. Before they can even gather information from the captured demons, when they arrived, they were already dead. 

The alliance thought that it was their mistake for not thinking of sealing their mouth, and with that they committed suicide by biting their tongue. They only sealed their arms and foot with a 『Binding Magic』, sealed their mana and magic with some Anti-magic tools, they just thrown them in one of their carriage. 

It was unexpected for them. But that didn’t stop them for taking an action for the presence of demons on the nearby forest. The two people that were tasked to scoutthe demons encampment have returned safely after one week of being dispatched, with some information about the demons army as such. As a countermeasure, the four leaders of the city decided to engage a battle and  push the demons back away from the forest.

 They called some reinforcements from the front line in the border of Human Nation and Demons, two heroes and an ample amount of knights to add into their own army. Which took almost a month to reach the Neutral City. 

They traveled from the front line to the Imperial Kingdom’s Capital, then to the Neutral City, the others walk by foot, some in  rode horses, and some used magic related transportation mode. The others to arrive first took a couple of days to rest and prepare supplies and gears in the city before moving on. Only half of them arrived firstly. 

They didn’t wait for the troops that left behind, rather they decided to go set up a camp in the forest beforehand, as their base of base of operation. 


In the forest, Alliance set out their base of operations. 

“Are you sure about this Clothilde?” asked Furstenberg. “ Us, engaging the fight, is  this really how a Neutral City would do?”

“Hm, ironically those words are coming from a warmonger like yourself.” Replied Clothilde with  a smug. 

“Certainly, I know I’m not like this, but-“

“Stop whining, we will have to deal with them later on, so why not take the first move?” “They already gave us signal.”

“O-okay, but I have a bad feeling about this.”

Under the night sky and inside a meeting tent, with a magic stone that is hanged inside the tent as their  source of light, Clothilde and Furstenberg are talking while standing, waiting for someone. 

They wanted to be at the battlefield, as the Commander and Vice Commander of their army, the other two leaders of the city stayed at their post. Furstenberg have an aniexty stirring inside him as the time for their battle with demons comes closer. His beastly instinct telling him something bad will happen. 

“Don’t worry Mr. Furstenberg, I, Heracles the hero from another world, and Gregory, the hero from this world are here to help you.” said Heracles, as he entered the tent together with Gregory, both of them are wearing shiny high grade mineral armor, with flashy sheathed sword in their waist. 

Heracles is a teenager, with a blond messy hair, and with a crimson eyes. He was summoned as a hero from another world years ago.

“Yes, if you’re that scared Mr. Furstenberg, you can just go home.” said Gregory, with an arrogant approach and attitude, he is eyes are cold and obviously looking down on Furstenberg, which aslo made Furstenberg irritated at first sight with him. Then, smirked “We can handle this ourselves, with only miss Clothilde in command.”

Gregory is another hero teenager but, he is one of the chosen hero of this world. Grey hair, with a grey – black eyes.

“Nah, don’t say things like that Gregory. He’s our Vice Commander in this operation, have some respect in your superior, in addition he is older than us.” said Heracles, as he shook his head as he tapped Gregory’s shoulder and shook his head in the process. But he, himself doesn’t respect Furstenberg.

“Ops, sorry about that, I didn’t mean to offend.” said Gregory, with an apologetic act, but on his mind, he didn’t mean what he just said. 

Furstenberg clicked his tongue in irritation for both heroes arrogance. These human heroes, I wonder how should I kill them. 

“Yo-“

“Hold your tongues heroes, Furstenberg, don’t stir up trouble in our commanding post.” said Clothilde, calmly, with her arms on her waists, interrupting what Furstenberg about to say. She sensed that something is about to happen inside the tent. Then, she sat on a chair, with a long table in front of her. “Since, the heroes are already here, let us begin our strategy meeting. Can you find someone to call the other officers Furstenberg.”

“Yes, ma’am. You’re beautiful as always.” replied Gregory with a facade smile as he sat on one of the chair. While looking at Clothilde. Ah, I really want to play with you in my bed. 

Clothilde just ignored him.

Heracles also sat in one of the chair opposite to Gregory. Then Furstenberg called a person, as what Clothilde had said.


After a minute or so, the persons needed in the meeting have gathered, and they started the meeting right away. 

…. 

….. 

……. 


An hour have past since their meeting started. 

“If we put some in right flank-“

While they are having a meeting, a lot of noises suddenly is going on outside their meeting tent. 

“Huh?!” Clothilde and the other heard the noises. 

“MA’AM, SIR, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!” a knight barged in the tent in exhaustion. 








1