Chapter 20 – Night Raid
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“MA’AM, SIR, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!! ” A knight barged in the meeting tent with a visible exhaustion in him. His knee fell into the ground.

“Wha?!”

“Are you kidding me?!”

“Those demons!! “

“Huh?!”

 Clothilde and other’s have a short panic for a moment as they didn’t expect anything like this.


“Ma’am, how should we act?” one of the officer asked in confusion.

“Are you dumb?! It’s obvious, repel the attack and defend!” Clothilde stand quickly in her chair, she lost her composure and yelled. The officer who asked felt a shame. “Heracles, Gregory help the knights!”


“Y-yes ma’am!”

“Phew, this night has a thrill.” Gregory.

“I know right.” Heracles.

With Clothilde’s word, they acted. The heroes and others ran straight up to the battle


“Are you okay?” Furstenberg asked, while looking at Clothilde that is panting heavily. “I feel like you’re suddenly not your usual self.”

“I’m okay, you can go help them.” Clothilde replied with a reassuring smile.

“What if you’re their target? You’re the commander of this-“

“It’s okay, I can handle my self.”

After looking at Clothilde’s reaction, Furstenberg also followed the others in the attack. And then, Clothilde is left alone inside the tent, she is still in panic state or something as she sat and drink some water.


She tried to relax her hour glass like body figure. 

“Why!? Why am I feeling this way at this time?!”


She needed to calm herself before heading out. Her heart suddenly throbbed, and began to feel warm after she heard that they are under attack.

『 “Don’t you want to go kill some? You’re body is resonating with the battle, your skin is tingling, isn’t it? Your love of going berserk is comming back to you.” 』


A figure of person slowly form from her shadow. The pitch-black shadow that formed into a person, leaned in Clothilde’s shoulder as it speak close to her ear. That daring voice of a female annoyed Clothilde.


“Shut up! I didn’t call you out right?!”


Her crimon eyes glows, and she had a little difficulty in breathing. She clenched her chest. And pushed her left eye painfully with her other hand. She groaned in pain.


『 “You want to change, but your body don’t want to. No, should I say, your title and skill doesn’t want you to change?”』


The shadow doesn’t have a face, but a smirk is form on it.


“Tsk!” Clothilde clicked her tongue, regain a bit of her composure. And then she is hunched in the table and lean her chin in her palm, as she look at her status and skill window.


〔Title: God of War’s Wrath〕『Passive Skill: Berserker「Suppressed」』


【 God of War’s Wrath: A title given from the God of War itself when you meet one.


The holder of this title gains the following skills: Berserker, Teachings of God of War, Weapon Master, Foresight, Greater Battle Sense, God of War’s Dance, Conviction, Multiple Barrier, Absolute Defense】


【 Berserker: A skill, art of fighting savagely and pure violence. Greatly increase users Physical, Magical ability, and status count for a duration. And a 50% chance to acquire 30% of defeated target(s) status count.


Automatically activates when the wielder of the skill senses some sorts of violence act within 50m radius.


Skill Status: Suppressed, will only activate enhancements. And a  30% chance to acquire 30% of defeated target(s) status count.


Chances have influence from luck status count.】


『 “If you just form a contract with me or just give that to someone capable, then you wouldn’t endure all of these. I could help you lessen your burden. After all you’re just a fragile human.” 』


Clothilde ignored the shadow’s word. Thinking that she should go help her knight.


“Not yet, I’m their commander. I’m just here to handle plan and command them. I need to stay out of the battlefield for now, until it’s needed.”


『 “Hah, so boring. Just call me when you’re ready to accept me.” 』The shadow figure dispersed  as it speak the words.


Clothilde began to feel calm inside her. Then, she waits for update from the attack.


….


……..


Meanwhile heroes who gave back up to the knights, were enjoying their kill, with only the moonlight us light source. They don’t hesitate to kill the demons who moves even in the corner of their eyes. Even though there are some part of their battle area with trees and some part that are dark, that didn’t bother them a bit. Some also fought in an open area around the camp where some demons attacked.


“This is fun! We’re always doing this in the border but I just can’t help to feel fun!” Heracles said as he slashed the neck of the demons he come across with his Holy Golden Sword. He sometimes swing his sword with both hand, sometimes only one hand, adjusting his grip and stance depending on his enemy body structure.


“Oi, oi, leave me something can you? Don’t take the fun yourself.” Gregory replied as he was trying to draw his sword from the sheath, his prey always being stole by Heracles who moves quickly than him. Gregory loves to do the quick draw thing.


“Ops, sorry. It got to my head. How many kill count you already have?”

“Only 10, because you keep stealing my prey!! And just how many are of them attacking?”


“Oh my bad, I have around 20 now, I think-”


“Haahhh!! ” A demon with an iron short sword is charges toward Heracles and Gregory who is talking leisurely.


Heracles also quickly charged head on to the demon. Holding his sword with both his arm in stance, pointed at the demon. As they are nearly facing each other head on. The demon had a full stop and got into stance as he start to swing his arm that is holding his iron sword, to slash towards Heracles that is charging in front of him. But before his sword even reach Heracles, he disappeared in front of him. He only felt a wind blow passed through him.


The demon got confused because he didn’t even blink. He look to his right and left, to only see the other person standing, not the person who charged at him. Then, the demon suddenly felt that his arms are falling off, and then felt warm in his neck and chest.


 In a second, Heracles swung his sword three times aiming at the arms and neck, and then a backward thrust to the heart, when leaped through the demons back. The demon died on the spot and fell to the ground, as Heracles is standing in his back holding his bloody


“That would be 21, I think?” said Heracles as he turn and face Gregory. He swung his sword to wash away the blood in his sword before putting it into its sheath.

“I was about to kill him too!”

They look at each other, and then laughed both during the chaos.


The tents of the Alliance, surrounding trees and grasses are burning. Burned down by the surprise attack of the demons. Injured and corpse from knights of alliance and demons are scattered in the camp ground. Some are trying to escape, fight back, and hide. The smell of blood shed from the fight, the smell of burning woods, grasses, and tents. Is what currently all that can be describe as an effect.


“Oi, oi, the knights are inefficient. Are they trying to burn down the whole forest?” asked Heracles as he is walking and looking at the fighting knight and demons with Gregory in his side. “This will cause a deforestation, this world will experience global warming like in my world if this continues. Although, the damage is sitll not as bad as what is in the border.”


But slowly it will spread anytime soon after the main fight begins.


“Deforestation? Global Warming? What are you talking about? Don’t bring some weird words from your world please.”


They casually slash the demons who attacks them as they walk. They are looking at the knights are using some fire based magic to attack their enemy, so is the demons. They miss the enemy target, and the  fire magic hits either trees, grass or a tent. They are walking back to the meeting tent, as they judge the attack to be finally ceasing.  Same as Furstenberg who is seen by the heroes going berserk on his own during his fight.


After a few minutes, the demons began retreating. As the feel their force is reducing every minute. And after that, the demons who attack are gone, just some corpse of demon and from Alliance. Also, those demons who couldn’t retreat because they are hurt badly that they can’t walk. They are being keep away by the Alliance knights, as they returned to their post, repair damage, heal injured, and put out the fires.


 

1