Chapter 21 – Familiar Voice
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last thing I heard….

“『Found you』”

And then, I felt my soul got separated from my body. The feeling is like the moment of swing from above, when you are riding a swinging viking ship in some amusement park. After that, I can see some part of my soul shaped like my human body, not a frog. And It’s a little transparent. Maybe I still really am a human after all, even after being reincarnated as a frog, that I hit as one of the choices for non-human species that the Goddess made me become for her entertainment.

And now, Did I just die again for some reason? Is the voice that I heard something like deadly? I am floating away from my body, no more like being  slowly sucked above. I guess, I’m going to heaven, or maybe to the purgatory first. There’s a thing like a warp hole or something like a black hole above in the sky, and I am being sucked to that direction. I can see a lot of different souls being sucked in that thing too.


That hole seems can be only seen when you’re in soul form, as I didn’t see something like this before when I’m still one with my body. A single black hole as massive as this can easily be seen in the land but not with the living being.

Seeing your own body away from you and not moving is the scariest thing I experienced. And maybe seeing your body move on it’s own while you’re away is scary too.


I was not ready to die again.

I only lived for a one month and a week, I think. Is that the maximum life span of a frog? I didn’t even enjoy the month because I was asleep.

Is this the fate of a person like me, whom's not significant at all? 

.......... 

For an hour or so, I have been 30,000ft above the ground now, and it keeps increasing. The view of this world is just amazing. I can  almost see both end of the continent  and the ocean in bird’s eye view, if not for the fogs and clouds.  The sun seemingly getting closer to me but, I don’t feel any temperature increasing or decreasing. I can see another land form far from this continent below me.


I’m not sure if this world is flat or round like the Earth. And the size of this world, might be bigger than Earth. I just observed a little before, the sun also rises from the east, and set down to the west. There are also twinkling stars but there are two moons here, base on what I saw at night before. It’s maybe obvious that gravitaty force is different here. But even with that difference from Earth, there are still living beings here. Maybe having mana, and magic systems helped a lot.

And, I’m not certain of the right measurement of this continent’s land mass. This continent is almost 65% forest. As I was still not this high, I looked around me and saw different bodies of water and land, like the long river system  across the continent, which I think the part of it is where we live and some elevated grounds.


There’s also few tall buildings like a tower that reaches the lowest clouds, scattered in different places in the continent.

Maybe they are dungeon or something like that! I can feel my adventurous senses inside me is resonating.

There’s a tall mountain chains nearly some of it have the peak of nearly maybe as high as Mount Everest in the North area of the continent, another part of the continent is pass the mountain chains.  And there are some space that only have few trees, and some part like an empty place. Maybe they are just small settlement, town, city, kingdom, maybe there’s only a soil there or something. I couldn’t see it clearly.


There’s a huge wall like circle, exactly in the middle of the continent. And another mountain chains that  they made it as a border between Human Nation and the Dwarves in far Southwest of the circle.


I can see some smokes coming from a forest in the north of the circle, and another in far northwest, is the forest burning? A wildfire? Or is that where the war is happening? I wonder how’s my siblings are doing right now. Well, I realized that, it’s not that it’s my responsibility to look after them.

Things below me becoming smaller and smaller, as the altitude is increasing.

Anyways, as I’m getting closer to the warp hole.


“Huh? What is that? Another one!?”

I looked above me and then suddenly another warp hole appeared in the right of the first warp hole. And  it sucks me stronger than the first warp hole. What’s will happen to me now? Is that a warp hole to hell or something? Did the heaven reject me?


 I tried to resist, I swam away from it in the air but, I’m only a helpless soul. And then finally, I got sucked inside the warp hole that suddenly appeared. The warp hole closed after that.

......

..........

And now, I’m falling inside a seemingly infinite dark hole. I see stars around me, no asteroids? Rocks? Am I in outer space? But I’m falling into something like infinity hole. To put it simply, it looks like a wormhole that I’ve seen in movies I watched before. A bending of the universe from a point to point point, closer to easily travel between it. Not that I’ve seen one before with my own eyes, still I can’t believe I’m now.


I don’t know but, I’m still calm at times like this. Is this called maturity or what? But, it’s not like screaming or cursing will help me. After all, I’m just a  poor helpless soul now. Where am I really falling into? I hope when a reach a solid ground, it won’t hurt. But wait, do a soul get hurt when falling to a ground?

......

.......

...

After a few minutes, I can see a light at the end of this hole. Maybe it’s the end of this whole. And I was right, as after a time. I reached the light and fall to a solid ground.

My body or should I say my soul is still shaped as my former human body. I don’t have my former color, rather I’m a little transparent right now.

And then, I look around and be amazed. The room, no. I was at the black hole before I reached the light. Now, I’m at a beautiful place. I feel a high density of manas, magic and divinity concentrated in this place, even without me having a skill that can sense mana or magic. Is it natural? The pressure is too much, I might burst but I haven’t. I’m still standing strongly on my feet.


About 500m radius is just white solid ground, below, me. And outside the radius, are different bodies of land and water. The place outside the white, is nature itself, a lot of different animals that can be found in Earth is roaming. It feels like this white place is isolated with the place outside.


I feel like I’m watching the place in a highest quality of video. Well, I’m seeing it in my own eyes in front of me, without any device. Everything outside this white place is normal, tranquil, and peaceful. Nothing sorts of ominous and strange around, but what stands out the most is the thing above me.


It’s like the universe is floating like clouds above me, or something like the Northern Lights Aurora Borealis in different colors, it covers the whole sky, extending to somewhere in this world. Well, universe is always been above everyone, but this one is a little closer. It’s kinda giving me chills.

Hmmm?! 

Then suddenly some part of the universe like cloud thing above, started to slowly compressed and spinning in circular motion in to one place, followed up ny strange sound, a vortex or an eye of storm, something like that. And then, for about a seconds or so, it finished up forming into one place and figure. But the cloud like thing haven’t reduce a little, even after compression of some amounts. It’s still extends as far as my eyes can see, maybe it still covers the whole sky of this world. Even with that the whole place is still as bright as a day.


And then these it goes in front of me like a beam, in a little elevated ground in the center and a lone grandest white sofa is placed, I am 15m away from it. There, in the sofa formed perfectly petite and slender figure, long haired glowing with different color but based in black, laying down in comfort, and is facing me. It has a wire like thing connected and stretching to her back from the universe like cloud above. It’s as if like she’s an electronic device connected into a socket that is the universe like cloud above as her power source.


I assume it’s a female, and she’s naked, I can see that she have boobs though, certain part covered with her flowy long hair, I can’t see her whole face appearance. But she still have the parts of face, the eyes, nose and mouth. But with only that a universe color, not with the normal human color, it’s hard to figure out for me how her face really look.

Come to think of it, I’m also naked.  I just noticed that my thing is showing off the whole time. There’s nothing to be ashamed of but, I’ll still cover him with my hands. I don’t want the girl to be thinking of me as a pervert. But I don’t think she minds it at all.


But I am still  puzzled, how do I put it to words. Is it she the soul living here? And what  is she really?


“『You’re here. We have finally met.』” A familiar girl voice came out of figure laying in comfort and is looking at me. The voice is the like of Ency. It’s not the same voice that I heard before I came here.

Also, the voice did not came out of telepathy, like how I use to talk with Ency.

“Ency!?! “ I asked. I don’t remember arranging a meeting with someone.

“『Ency?』" the girl asked like she's confused confused. Even though she doesn't have a face, somehow, I can imagine it. 


“『That’s not me, I’m here. 』" Another voiced like Ency said.

And after that, another transparent human shaped soul thing came out from me, and stands a little far beside me. The figure again shaped as a girl as tall as me. And she’s also faceless, and have the same color as the girl laying comfortably in the sofa.


I’m confused, I don’t know who’s who.

“ Wait! Why do you have the same voice?!” as I try to look at them both. My only basis of knowing who’s talking in the same voice is the distance between me and the voice. “And you?! Ency?!”

“『Yes, it’s as you say. 』” The faceless girl that is closer next to me nodded.

And with that I was left baffled in all things that I heard and happening in front of me.


1