Chapter 22 – Consume
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took me a minute or so to recover from all of what’s happening right now. Piles of questions keep coming. Am I just hallucinating or what? Ency? And the Divine Being or Godly being she told me before in front of me? For real? Seriously?!

The person who can be considered as a God but is not a God, System-A is in front of me.

Meeting a God like being is not your  usually daily routine. But, this is more surprising for me than the first time I met one, that One God who reincarnated me into non-human living being.

I can feel a strong divinity, power, and I’m feeling more pressured in front of her. Now that I think about it. I can barely stand up on my feet after Ency separated from me. I feel an imaginary heavy weight is in my back, it feels like I’m carrying a mountain in my shoulders. My head hurts like hell it will explode!

Am I even alive in this state? No right? Im already in spiritual body.

“『What are you spacing out for?』” Ency looked at me.

Opps, I just can’t help but space out, damn it. And it's really weird talking  and facing someone  who doesn't have a face. 

“Oh, sorry about that.” I answered. “After all I’m in front of a powerful person. More powerful than the Reincarnation Goddesses I  met before.”

“『Stop, you’re making me blush.』” System-A said with a girly inlove voice as she changed her position from laying down to sitting.

Eh? How could I? My flowery words can’t even pierce the heart of maiden back in my world. Anyway, I’ll just assume that she’s joking with that.

“『Uhhmm*clears through*, I’m amazed that you can still stand straight after I separated from your soul --.』”  Ency said, then she struggled to think  of something and continued after that.

” 『Hmm, I’m sorry to ask this as we have been together the whole time before coming here, but, what’s your name again? 』”

Ency looked down me and I feel like a saw a glimpse of disgust and a mocking smirk in her faceless face of hers.

“『Bold of you to flash that small thing in front of me and her majesty. Don’t you have atleast a little shame? 』”

Oh, I forgot to cover. No wait! Did she just call my secret weapon “SMALL THING”?!

I quickly covered my thing using both hands, Ency’s words made my eyes tear a little.

“Ency! You! Don’t just call this small thing!”

I heard a echoing laughter from afar, and I looked at where it came from. It’s  System-A who looks like she’ll die in laughter any moment.

“『HAHAHA. Don’t say things like that Libraria No. 2. You’ll hurt his feelings.  Besides it’s okay for me if he flash that thing here. I have no interest im such things. 』”

I just stared and smiled at System-A.

At this time. I realized that a Godly being also laughs like a normal human does. I don’t know if I could trust her. Not like I have a choice in front of someone like her.

I’m just a lowly human being soul here. I’m just an insignificant person.


“『Don’t say that...』” a serious tone of voice rung in my ears after loosing in my thoughts for a moment.



System-A’s laughter also stopped. And the place broken into silence for a moment. A sudden change of place occurred, I didn’t notice it at first. We were just at the place of System-A, but now, I’m in the middle of a crossroad surrounded with tall buildings with busy faceless crowds passing by and no signs of vehicles around.

Huh? Who? Where am I? I was just in front of? Huh? Who?

My mind is clear, I have empty thoughts. I can’t remember anything.

While I’m still at confused state of the sudden change, I heard a vocie through the crowd. I don’t know who is it really from, the voice is everywhere. 

I didn't bother to find where is it from because I feel like my stamina is draining too fast and I can't move.  I just stared at the ground  as I'm getting tired. 

“『We may not be in equal status, but don’t say things like you’re just lowly being and insignificant. Everyone has a worth, and a role to fulfill. Other person might not see it that way. But, remember, you also have worth, and you’re significant to someone out there. 』”

Don’t let anyone antagonize your feeling of significance and worth. Fight for it even if that antagonist is yourself.

Those words left me speechless and gave me a feeling of warmth. How should I put this? I’m not used to hearing advices. I don’t seek advice even before. Even if my world crumbles because of a problem. I just take it to myself and don’t ask someone for advice or help. Until the problem goes away itself or just be forgotten by me.

I also do something about it but I give up easily if it’s hard.

“S-sorry.”

What’s this feeling of warmth? My eyes are also itchy. Why they are itchy in my spiritual body? Why do O feel this even with my body like this?

Silence, and time was slowed at  the place for a moment.


……


“『So, that’s what you think of yourself huh?』”

Voice echoed through my ears loudly. And then I found out that I’m again at System-A’s place standing.

I got astonished, dizy. My balance was nearly off as I felt an adrenaline in me.

“W-what was that?”

“『I put you in a quantum space, searched through your emotions, and I consumed it for you.』”

I didn’t understand what she said but a part of it made me a little concerned.

“Why would you do that!? Emotions are important to humans!” I shouted.

“『You-』”

System-A interrupted Ency and she shook her head. Before she continued a smile from her faceless face form. ”『 Don’t worry, I didn’t consume everything in you. I consumed just what you saw. 』”

Ency did not get angry, she just got scared I might hit System-A’s wrath and reduce me into particle when I talk to her in such way.

1