Chapter-5 Fourth Contract 2/3
140 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night-Time.

Shize watched from the rooftop of the building as the helicopter slowly approached him, as it positioned itself on top of the building, Rena and Reignam got off the helicopter and stood in front of Shize.

Shize quickly responded by taking out an AK-47 and aiming it at them, Shize soon began speculating that this was a trap setup for him or some sort of bigger plan... then he began his cosplaying skills once again.

Shize: I assume this was a trap?

Shize examined the helicopter behind the two for a quick moment before focusing back at the ones in front of him.

Rena: please release her sir... your mission is complete.

Shize: oh? and what of the Contract?

Rena: it has been cancelled, compensation has already been sent to your website.

Shize still aimed his Ak-47 towards them while he took out his phone from his pocket with his left hand, he quickly searched his website and confirmed her statement... Shize then returned his phone back inside his pocket and lowered his gun.

Shize: well... until next time miss Rena...

Rena quickly ran towards the sack where her mother was inside and opened it to see her mother in critical condition, but still alive... she held her mother in her arms and checked if her mother was still alive.

the little pulses that she felt relieved her of worry, she then slowly carried her mother towards her helicopter and laid her down on the chairs... she then turned around towards the masked assassin that she hired and then spoke.

Rena: I wish I would never have to hire assassins like you ever again...

Shize then took a bow while Reignam and Rena entered the helicopter and departed the scene... leaving Shize behind.

hmm... I guess I got a bit careless didn't I? Shize thought to himself, he then turned around to see a similar looking person wearing a mack with a twisted smile and an tuxedo, nearly identical to what he is wearing.

the masked man took a bow and spoke to Shize in an older voice.

Wellman: sir... are you my opposite?

those words confused Shize and made him take out his katana from his bag and un-sheathed it, he focused at the assassin and then took the KO GASUMI stance... the older assassin got a bit curios and then unsheathed his katana and took a different stance, and responded with the IN NO KAMAE stance...

Wellman: hmm... a copy perhaps?

Shize flinched that a samurai stance from earth was somehow known by one of the people on this mysterious alternate world... the older assassin however misinterpreted Shize's flinch as he thought that Shize was truly his polar opposite, he then slowly took a few steps closer while Shize responded by doing the same.

as they got closer they both made their moves...

both blades clash as the sound of steel smacking against each other echoed across the roof, each fighter did not give ground and both fighters did not show weakness... the older assassin soon noticed that his opposite did not show weakness, and even though they were face to face he did not hear his nemesis even breathe.

the older assassin soon broke off from Shize and returned to his stance.

Wellman: curious... young man, do you know the stance that you just took?

Shize stayed silent while he took his KO GASUMI stance.

Wellman: the silent type hmm? so this the person that beat my daughter to that pitiful state... so this is the monster that Kessed has sent me... my polar opposite, creating an opposite clone of me... he must be desperate this time.

the older assassin bowed and introduced himself to Shize.

Wellman: my name is Wellman, may I know your name?

Shize stayed silent as he quickly sheathed his katana and attached it to his waist and jumped off the side of the building, Wellman became surprised as he followed Shize.

Wellman: running already?

they both opened their gliders and glided through the air... they soared through the air above many houses until Shize arrived at an abandoned train station.

Spoiler

this is where Shize is at his best.

[collapse]

once they touched the ground Shize ran towards the shadows inside the train station where he could not be seen by his so called polar opposite, Wellman quickly lost Shize as he looked around to find nothing but darkness.

Wellman unsheathed his katana and looked around once more, once he was finished he stood upright and still, he chuckled for a second and and spoke, for he thought he knew what was going to happen next.

Wellman: oh? hiding in the darkness while I am in the light... I see that Kessed has trained you well...

Shize even became more confused as this man kept spouting nonsense, he soon got tired of the old man's constant nonsense and struck the man from behind.

without a sound Shize came out from the shadows behind Wellman and successfully struck him from behind.

as Wellman tried to quickly turn around to retaliate, but Shize already returned to the safety of the shadows and waited... Wellman became even more curios as to how this new rival of his was able to silently attack him from behind with no noise.

Wellman knew that in the shadows and darkness this new rival that he encountered is well trained in this type of combat, however he on the other hand is well trained in frontal and face to face combat.

Wellman soon realized that the sun was starting to rise and waited patiently for the sun to rise and reveal his enemy.

Spoiler

but to Wellman's surprise Shize was already far away from him, never to be seen again. (until the next chapter)

[collapse]

as the sun slowly revealed itself in all its bright glory, its light reaching the abandoned train station revealing the interior of the building, Wellman quickly surveyed the surroundings, quickly looking left and right while maintaining his stance

as the interior of the station slowly brightened revealing that his enemy was already long gone.

Wellman sheathed his weapon and chuckled once more.

Wellman: he fooled me... hah... how funny...

Wellman turned around to see some of his colleagues from his organization behind him, a masked girl with black hair and black robe along with a man in a military spec ops uniform stepped forward to meet Wellman, the masked girl took a look at the large wound behind the old man and then spoke.

Aria: Wellman... what kind of person did that to you? I doubt that just anybody can do that to you.

Wellman looked at Aria and chuckled.

Wellman: well... it was one of Kessed's creations, it seems that his greatest creation has finally been revealed.

Aria: what happened?

Wellman: looked at his katana still sheathed and looked back at Aria.

Wellman: well, this masked polar opposite of mine managed to set one of my daughter's buildings in flames and killed every single guard from the 94th floor and above... even the thirty one ex-military contractors were all killed.

the spec ops soldier flinched and finally spoke.

Darius: all of them?

Wellman sighed and nodded.

Wellman: yes... all of them... none survived.

Aria: what kind of monster did Kessed make this time?

Wellman: a clone of me perhaps?

Darius snapped and said.

Darius: a clone? impossible... you never bled, until now...

Wellman: until now that is...

both Darius and Aria quivered as the thought that the greatest assassin in the world has finally been cloned... the thought of an entire army of highly skilled assassins doing a madman's biding shook them to their core.

Darius: it could just be another skilled assassin nothing more.

Wellman: it could be... but the fact still remains... this assassin, is better than me.

Aria: should we gather the others?

Wellman placed his hand on his chin.

Wellman: well... not now... before I fought with him I saw my granddaughter give commands to that masked person.

both Aria and Darius breathed a sigh of relief and Darius spoke.

Darius: then... could it be a hired assassin?

Wellman: there's only one way to find out...

while they were talking a small camera hanging on the roof of the station zoomed and recorded everything.

Shize looked from his laptop, heard and saw everything... he then closed his laptop and thought to himself so this is the world's greatest assassin? this old geezer?  

he pressed a key on his laptop and the small camera clicked and took a photo.

unfortunately the click was heard by the three and the camera was taken by Aria and gave it to Wellman.

Wellman smirked and then spoke.

Wellman: so you were watching us this whole time? 

Wellman walked towards the nearby abandoned table and sat on the chair then placed the camera on the table.

Wellman: not only are you better than me in combat but also quite deceiving me... almost like a trickster.

the camera clicked once again meaning that Shize made the camera take another picture.

Wellman: I assume that you took a picture? well that does not matter... I will leave this camera here, until we meet again...

Wellman along with Aria and Darius walked out of the station leaving the camera behind.

I should be more careful this time... Shize thought to himself as he closed his laptop, he looked outside the apartment that he recently bought and sighed.

looks like there's a lot of obstacles for me in the near future Shize thought to himself.

Shize then laid down on his bed and finally slept after a long night's work.

Shize: I wonder what type of wonders would the world show me next...

 

2