Chapter 12: Villainesse
1k 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The palace has calmed down now. It was because Princess Ruri didn't get poisoned.

Deep underground in the palace prison, Kendrick or shall we say, Dan was chained up in the wall like a lab rat, unable to even raise a finger.

They kept him in the palace prison since they still think he's suspicious. Who wouldn't? He showed up out of nowhere, then suddenly telling everyone there's poison in the drink, and when the drink was tested, there's really poison in it. Of course anyone will think of him as suspicious knowing how he'd known there's poison in the drink.

Actually, he's supposedly executed. If he's really the culprit of the accident, then there's no more reason to keep him alive. But since he saved the king's daughter's life, he was kept in hold for now. Judgment that'll be bestowed for him is still unknown.

Even though justice was by his side this time, Kendrick had the worst expression he's ever worn. Although he's expected more than this to happen, at least he predicted he won't get to live for another day, but to be placed in a prison cell….

Made him think of lots of different scenarios.

First would be, he'll be jailed until he dies from old age.

And second would be, tortured to death.

Of course, he wished none of them would happen. Just imagining those two scenarios sends shivers to his spine.

"If only I didn't save her out of guilt…."

Kendrick knew at that time what to do. That is to stay still until the event finishes and do nothing. However, due to his weak heart, he couldn't avoid saving her life. He knew if he didn't save her that time, the guilt would forever haunt him. And because of that, where is he now? Kept in hold deep underground in the palace prison. The future waiting for him is dark now that he changed the original story so even if he survives, his life would be in even more pain and despair. At worst, it'll be a villainesse story chasing after him till his death. Though Kendrick promised he won't go down without a fight.

It was dead silent at his prison cell. There weren't really any prisoners around, and he can't move at all since he's stuck on the wall like a labrat. If there's anything that can move, it'll only be his eyes and eyes alone.

Lights couldn't reach him since it was a deep underground prison, and there weren't any knights guarding him as if they're expecting he can't escape by himself. It was like they're taking him as a joke. It made him furious just thinking about it for a second there.

And when he thought there wouldn't be anyone around the palace prison, Kendrick heard slow paced footsteps seemingly walking towards his cell.

The footsteps continued.

And continued on. 

And when it came to halt, the footsteps were near him now.

For the last touch, after the sound of footsteps stopped, a voice oh so familiar echoed in the whole area.

"You've done a great job ruining my plan."

Kendrick shivered in chills. He would never forget this voice. It was someone he loathed over and over when he was back playing the game. The very first introduced Villainess in the story, Silvia Frost.

Silvia Frost walked up to him, and soon enough, her pale and beautiful face finally became clear on his sight. Her silver hair paired with her snow blue eyes, fits perfectly with her angelic face. Though, as the old saying goes, don’t judge the book by its cover. Although she has an angelic face, in truth, she’s more ruthless than an actual devil.

Silvia Frost confronted him with a large grimace on her face.

“Congratulations on ruining my great plan young man! You’ve made yourself into a clown for a second there~ Just what came to your mind~?”

“Who are you..?”

Although Kendrick already knew her from the game, he still pretends to be clueless and asks her. But, who’s dumb fool would introduce themselves over other parties? Sure it could be his last day, but what if he lives and tells everyone about her name and everything. Well, no one would believe him anyways even if he did tell.

Silvia Frost smiled at him and sat down to rest.

“How rude~! Asking a lady’s name without even a proper introduction of themselves. You disappoint me. However, I’ll do the honor and introduce myself. My name is Silvia~ Nice to meet you! Say, why don’t you tell me your name too~>”

Well, since he feels like he ain’t going to live for another day, Kendrick gave up and gave her his name.

“Dan… Dan Alastair.”

“Dan Alastair, huh? That rings a bell~ So you were that coward’s son? Interesting~! I didn’t think such a cowardly guy could produce such a heroic son~!”

“You know my old man..?”

“Of course I would, he is a very coward man who bows down to anyone higher than him~ I couldn’t hold my laughter the first time I met him~” 

Silvia Frost giggled like a cute girl. It creeps out Kendrick so much to the point he started feeling cold over his back. For him, it's like he’s looking at a little devil giggling. There’s no way he’ll ever like it. Ever.

Kendrick swallowed the dried saliva stuck on his throat.

“Did you come  all the way here to kill me..?”

He finally steeled himself and asked what she came for. However, contrary to his worry, Silvia Frost smiled at him like an innocent young lady. It was as if there was no worry in her eyes, just pure interest, which makes it even scarier.

“Why would I come here on my own if I want to kill you~? If I want you dead, I would just hire assassins to take you out, not like it’ll be any worth anyways~”

“Then, if what you’re saying is true, then why are you here??”

Silvia Frost finally turned serious and dropped the bomb.

“I’m here to offer you something~"


I'm finally returning after years of absence. I ended up dropping writing after my Grandma died, and never continued this again, however, I picked up the pen once more and decided I'll finish this first while writing a new novel I'm focused on, hope you enjoy your time reading 😊 My previous editor back then wouldn't be working with me this time, I'll be the ones editing everything on the future chaps

44