Chapter 15: Disaster
923 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It seems we got a lot to talk about, Dan…"

"I'm sorry father."

"If you saying sorry can give me treasures, I would have let you go. But sadly, it's not enough."

Viscount Anwir glared at Kendrick, and slowly, Viscount Anwir stood up from his seat, and walked towards the nearby window in the dining room. 

With his eyes so fierce, Viscount Anwir gazed up to the sky with his hands crossed by his back.

"Did you know how much your actions had cost me..?"

Kendrick swallowed the saliva tickling in his throat as he started breaking in sweat.

He has no way out. And that's the worst. He even considered that it was probably better to stay at that dark prison than be here right now.

After a long silence, Kendrick opens his mouth to speak.

"No, father. I'm sorry."

The only way now is to hope he will be forgiven. That's what he hoped for…

Viscount Anwir formed a rock with his fist and glared into the sky. His eyes were so angry, it looked as if it was going to tear down the sky any moment now.

"I lost the trust of other nobles. They even kicked me out of the organization. How do I put this… Let's say, I'm lucky to even be alive right now. Considering it was your fault, the plan has been ruined."

"But father!! There's no way my conscience can endure seeing someone die!"

"Conscience..?"

Viscount Anwir turned his attention over Kendrick and started walking up to him while his eyes were set ablaze. It was like staring at a demon's eyes, there was only hatred peaking in them.

"Do you know how much your well said 'consequence' could be any help in raising our household, no?? Did you even think about it?"

Viscount Anwir suddenly grabbed Kendrick by his throat and raised him up.

"Tell me, do you think your 'consequence' could help us? By whole??"

Viscount Anwir glared at Kendrick coldly as he struggled to be out of his hands. However, Viscount Anwir was so much stronger and better, he could barely even speak a few words…

"...I- I'mm… Sorryy… Fa… Ther… Please… Let me… G- Goo…"

Viscount Anwir stared deeply into his eyes and wickedly smiled.

"Tell me a reason why I should let you live."

Kendrick struggled to even open his mouth, before failing to do so and leaving the Viscount in silence.

"First of all, you ruined everything and brought filth to our status. It was a good thing the Majesty didn't order for the execution over the entire of our household, but once it was proven or someone slips and framed you. Not only you, but all of us will be dead."

Blink, blink

Out of unbearable pain, Kendrick slowly starts to lose his eyesight, leaving him looking so pale.

Viscount Anwir placed his mouth over his ears and whispered.

"The Queen has now its eyes upon us, didn't you know… They probably sent assassins by now before and after you left to be followed here. Now, tell me a reason why I should let you live." 

At the end of his speech, Viscount Anwir retracted his hand upon his neck and pushed him away.

Kendrick fell ass first to the ground, before he ended up placing both his hands on his neck, catching his breath. Viscount Anwir hand left imprints over his neck.

"... Cough… Cough…"

Kendrick slowly catches his breath while rubbing his throat and turns to glare over the supposedly father of his.

Viscount Anwir witnessed the fierce look set ablaze upon the young man's eyes and turned his back on him coldly.

"Put him on a leash. Tell the butlers and maids to close every window if possible. Bring that brat to the basement…" Paused, Viscount Anwir glanced at his daughters and continued, "Alissa, bring him in the torture chamber. You're in charge, don't make a mess."

Alissa jumped in all happiness as soon as she heard such a news and glanced at Kendrick with a smile.

"Is it alright if I kill him, father??"

Viscount Anwir turned to leave the room and coldly reply, "Do as you wish."

Leaving the paralyzed Kendrick off the ground, completely shaking in fear. The moment he heard that word 'torture chamber' he knew, it wouldn't turn up good. He had to do something!

"Father!! I have to attend an audience with the Majesty in five days! Please let me live!"

Kendrick shouted on top of his lungs. He didn't mind anymore what he may sound like, survival's the only thing in his head right now.

It was a pathetic way, but Kendrick was eager to live. He's willing to do everything in order to ensure his survival.

Viscount Anwir came to halt and slowly turned his gaze over him once more.

"What did you say?"

Kendrick man'd up all the courage and stood up for his survival. He could only resort to blackmail.

"The Majesty still has his doubts about me. If I disappear today, it would only make things even more complicated."

Thank goodness, the otome world he was reincarnated to, was ruled over by the female characters. In this world, it's either the Kings and high ranking officials are merely cowards or all on act. 

The ratio of this world was more focused over the heroines, which are the princes, the majority of the guys in the world were either slaves or forced to marry other households in a political marriage.

That's why, Kendrick was pretty sure…

He should be able to fool him…

And as he planned, Viscount Anwir dropped his guards and changed his mind.

"Don't kill him, Alissa. You can do anything on him but make sure he stays healthy until the 5th day."

Alissa lost the fun in her face and gloomily replied, "Yes, father."

"Jredd, cuff his hands and bring him over the torture chambers. Alissa should know the job."

Viscount Anwir cunningly smiled at Kendrick's terrified face, before walking away once more.

"You thought you'd get away just because you have to meet the Majesty, sorry to disappoint you, Dan. I won't be the one to decide that."

And with that, Viscount Anwir left the room.

Kendrick looked around in fear, in hope someone would help him, however, they all just looked down on him, with disgusted looks over their eyes.

And out of nowhere, Kendrick suddenly blacked out. Jredd came out of nowhere, and smacked his neck, putting him to his deep slumber.

Alissa smiled like a maniac as she stared at his pale dirty face.

29