Chapter 11: In the third floor
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So you mean we have to go deeper into the dungeon right now?” asked Nick remembering his hardship of entire day at that moment.

Anybody could realize that Nick  was not interested in going down any further in the dungeon just by looking at his face but who could blame him after all he had suffered today.

“Worry not I will get full mana in a couple of hours only then we will enter the third underground floor, let us move ” responded Albus assuring Nick as he realize his predicament.

“You don’t have full mana?” asked Solis curiously.

“No I am not at my full mana capacity; I spend most of mana in the fighting goblins in the lower floor.

Then as soon I saw the gate in the third floor I realize I may need a bit more help.

So when I came above to take you both in third floors, I saw what was happening and did what I do.” Replied Albus as he answered the Solis’s question.

“But you also used mana in that last kapow like punch what was that?” asked Nick as he was also getting more curious in the magic.

“I did not used up mana entirely in the lower floor a little bit was left as a reserve but while fighting that rabbit I used a bit in fight and last bit in healing Solis, which is why I am out of mana” responded Albus.

Hearing roundabout trick Albus Nick realized that Albus was not interested in magic related queries so he left the topic as it is.

“Now the questions have been answered let us move out, we got to clear this dungeon today” Albus told the other two.

After saying this Albus stored the part was lefted of pig and move towards the lower floor Nick and Solis followed him while paying attention to surrounding.

‘Hey Albus I asked you for help via mental link but you didn’t answer me, I was concerned that what had happened to you.

Good to see you are fine but why didn’t you reply though?’ asked Nick raising his concern towards Albus.

‘Huh? What message are you talking about? As far as I know this is the first time you have contacted me after I left to hunt on the lower floor’ replied Albus in a curious tone.

‘No no I am sure I talked to you in desperation I was very keen on contacting you through our mental link but you seem not to answer. So I got even more scared that something might have happened to you’ responded Nick in a haphazard manner.

‘It seems our connection has a limit in talking range, funny thing I didn’t know’ said Albus in a curious manner.

‘Ho ho it seems like there is something even such divine beast didn’t know’ replied Nick while teasing Albus.

It immediately annoyed Albus and he jumped on Nick’s head while pulling his hairs “What did you tell me? What did you tell me? Say it again? You puny human.

I will make you bald today”

“You think I fear going bald do you worst” while fervently trying to remove Albus from his head.

“HA HA HA HA glad to see you both could make a job in this moment” responded Solis with a cheerful smile.

“We are not joking” replied both Albus and Nick simultaneously.

Just in humor of such moments the entire floor filled with burrows like structure was passed. Firstly they were quite scared of a goblin jumping out and attacking out.

But after assurance of Albus that he had eradicated goblins off this floor they went through calmly and reached the end of second floor where stairs were present to the third floor.

As they were entering third floor Solis paused and asked “in all jokes I forget to ask what is on the third floor?’ in an attentive manner.

“Ah yes actually I walked through the entire manner in search of anything but there was nothing on the floor”

“Eh? Nothing then what is we going inside for?” asked Solis in an exaggerated concerned manner.

“Because the dungeon boss gate is present on the third floor meaning whatever or whoever is in charge of dungeon is in that room and I believe it is important to take it down.

Taking as much help as possible in taking it down isn’t bad either and that is why before going in I came back to surface ”  replied Albus.

“Then let’s proceed” Solis responded cheerfully with her usual energetic sound despite being on the verge of death a couple of hours ago.

‘This time I will be careful all around me and make sure no sneak attack happen’ declared Solis in her mind.

‘I have to make sure not to stay useless like before and put a contribution’ reminded Nick himself in his mind.

‘I have full mana and now it is time to show off my mighty self to these puny humans’ decided Albus.

With such resolution the team went down to the third floor being careful throughout the floor being attentive to any kind of sneak attack.

The third floor was a place giving a reason to be attentive as it has vines dangling all over and many root like structures were all over the ground making it a good place for having an ambush.

But all of their attention was futile as there was nothing attacking them on the floor the vines were there without any motion.

By moving around there for a bit they finally reached a very large gate that was silverish in color and was having no keyhole on it.

“So I was saying how to open it?” said Nick as he reached out and touched the gate and it immediately opened.

“Guess we didn’t need to figure it out do we?” Said Solis as she moved into the door and soon Nick and Albus followed.

As soon they all entered the gate it immediately closed itself and Nick tried banging on it to make it open but it didn’t open.

Solis said “Stop it Nick, It’s useless we have to kill the dungeon boss to open it.

It may be my first time in dungeon but I have heard about it from other dungeon explorers in town.

So let’s defeat the boss” with a firm tone showing her excitement and resolution for the upcoming battle.

Albus replied “Yeah, let’s do it

0