Chapter 25: Cassius’s perfect plan.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing the voice Solis immediately recognize who it was, “What do you mean? Young master Cassius”

As everyone looked back and saw Cassius behind them most of the people were shocked as to for what reason a noble came to Guild butcher house. But they had a hunch that they will know it sooner.

“Are you deaf? I mean what I said” Cassius replied with a smug face.

“We had taken a loan of 8 gold and we have 8 gold to repay it, The contract is fulfilled with it as we can give you the original amount,” replied Solis as she began to stare at Cassius.

“HA HA HA HA HA AH HA” Cassius began to smile madly and then replied with “Did you not read the contract correctly?

The term of full repayment is 5 years and it has been 3 years since your mother took the loan.

So you can pay the installment of this month with extra tax due to late payment with this gold but not the entire gold”

“What do you mean? Do you mean to say that we can’t pay the loan we took a bit earlier?” asked Nick from Cassius as he was getting suspicious of the terms.

“First of all, it was her mother who took a loan.

Second of all How dare a mere peasant a commoner dare to talk to me a noble with such disrespect?

Third of all How dare you to interrupt me?

Fourth of all Adiran go and slash that guy’s tongue that dares to disrespect me” replied Cassius as he angrily looked at Nick.

After getting his chance to do something after the humiliation in the village, Adiran was happy and moved with a blade in his hand.

Seeing Albus coming in forward of Nick made him and growling towards him made him shudder a bit as he got a recollection of the fight in the village.

But this time Adiran had much courage in his action so he moved forward with an unsheathed sword just as he was about 3 meters away he could Albus taking a position to attack and just he was about to take the next step he heard a shout.

“STOP”

On the other hand, Cassius was happy his plan was going as planned he couldn’t be more happier and just as Adiran was about to take the next step he also heard a shout to stop. Cassius immediately became angry  and roared “WHO DARE TO GIVE COMMAND TO STOP A NOBLE’S KNIGHT?”

“Rather than command, it was a suggestion. Young lord of Auwack barony, Sir Cassius Auwack.

Forgive me for my late introduction,

I am Merle Pyreaxe, Younger sister of the Auwack guild master Marilyn Pyreaxe the honorary baron.

And as I was saying I was asking as a suggestion as they are in the guild so killing them would ruin the guild’s name and would just make your sword dirty.

They are all foolish commoners who are not worthy of your time and regarding their insolence, I can assure you guild can punish them for it.

2 gold shall be deducted from their reward, for such a foolish insolence towards a noble and our future Lord baron.

Forgive me for intervening but I am also a bit curious, Wouldn’t repaying the original amount of loan should consider it repaid and the contract is completed?” replied Merle while also giving her full introduction and inquiring formally.

Cassius was a bit angry at the intervention but he couldn’t do anything according to aristocratic law, Merle had made sure to not left out any flaw in her talks.

“fine then I shall tell you, The contract was made for 5 years and us getting paid early shall cause us a loss in the installment income so for that she needs to pay a penalty for early repayment that accounts for 3 times of the original amount that came out to be 24 gold and as of now she hardly has 8 gold now.

How is she supposed to repay it with a penalty?”

Nick was getting angry after hearing such unreasonable terms and he tried to show his rejection “TH-”

Just as Nick was about to say something he was stopped by Albus who immediately transmits him ‘Nick stop anything you do in a rage will just grant us more problems

Hearing it Nick was shocked and he again tried to justify himself ‘What are you talking about that is an unfair contract and we need to talk about how unjust it is’

‘Are you that much of an idiot? Didn’t you see just your manner of speech caused Solis a loss of 2 gold? Anything you do that can be considered rude can lead to an increase in our problem’ answered Albus with a stern expression.

‘Ah yes, I forgot about it how can she just deduct 2 gold out of our reward? That is also unfair. I didn’t know she was greedy she just looked like a nice girl but I guess I was wrong’ replied Nick showing his disagreement.

Albus was shocked for a second but then he replied ‘Are you stupid or what? She saved you from the fight that may ensue by your words. That price was just to show her punishment of the said cause.’

‘you believe we could have lost in the fight?’ Nick asked again confused as he surely had trusted in Albus’s power.

‘Nick I thought you were better than this. I am just disappointed, I can surely save blast through them as I protect you and take you far from here even the entire town can’t stop me but if we did that you will make a lot of enemies for no apparent reason and the death of an entire town would not suit to your taste I am sure about that.

You need to focus on strategy making

Hearing it shocked was shocked but he agreed killing an entire town would certainly not suit to his taste. While thinking about it Nick asked ‘but contract?’

To which Albus immediately replied ‘No matter how unfair it was and it is. It is a contract Furia signed after agreeing to everything. It is the justice and it is the law.’

While Nick and Albus were conversing telepathically Cassius and Merle were talking out loud.

“I see young lord you are right, Solis couldn’t possibly pay that as of now so no problem she can repay it in due time even with the increased amount of interest as this is written it is the correct” Merle replied with a smile on her face as she gave back the contract to Cassius’s knight after reading it.

Cassius was internally angry at Merle for taking the side of Solis but he couldn’t do anything officially about it the anger didn’t last for much longer as he remembered his other plan and said “Yeah about that I don’t trust that she could repay my money in time, So I want it all now. If she doesn’t have any money then she can sell herself as a debt slave I don’t care. I just don’t trust my money is safe with her.”

Solis and others were shocked a bit about it but according to the contract, he can do that as unfair it was. It was a contract signed by Furia. After thinking about it a bit Merle argued “But Young lord even if she became a debt slave she wouldn’t amount up to 24 gold. She is just a rookie adventurer as much so as she had forgotten to bring evidence of subjugation in the guild. You would still suffer a loss”

Rather than being angry at that Cassius was angry and said “Then she has to work for us as long as she lives to repay the amount or her FRIENDS can sell themselves for her. The choice is hers but I want her to choose now”

“But my lord her friends can’t be a part of the loan debt after all it’s her mother that had taken the loan” Merle rebutted after thinking a bit.

Hearing it grin on Cassius’s face became even wider and he immediately replied “I see I see they can’t be forced to be sold due to her family’s loan but they can make a choice on it themselves, So it’s her family that has to be sold for that. So FRIENDS of Solis, what’s the choice you’d make enslavement of Solis and her family or Solis and yourself? ”

0