Chapter 46 A skeleton emerges from hell
2.2k 6 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was too cruel. Today was the first time Aron really desired to commit a murder. *Sigh* "It's okay, Aron. I am fine. They will just move on in a few days, don't do anything rash." Kyla forced herself to her feet, wiping the tears off her face. 

"Please wait, I will go and wash myself." She was trying her best but the tears kept rolling down her cheeks ceaselessly. She never wanted the boy to see this side of her life. She always wanted to appear like a benevolent older sister to him, but alas... There was no going back now, he witnessed everything. It made her heartbreak. 

She wanted to hide her face in the bath, yet Aron held onto her arm. "No. Put your clothes on. You are coming with me." Kyla panicked finding the boy glaring at her. "No Aron.. please don't do anything foolish. You are just a kid.." 

The boy hurled her into his embrace, not minding the stains of spit and cum covering her body. Placing her head on his shoulder, he caressed her head. "It's fine, Kyla. I am not going to seek revenge for this just yet. But this can't continue. You should have told me about this earlier." Even his eyes had traces of tears realizing how much he had gone through, without even receiving any affection in return. 

Eventually, her defenses broke down and so did the dams on her tears. She began crying like a baby in his arms, paining his heart. They stood in place holding each other tightly for the next 10 minutes, amid the heavy noise of thunder and rain. 

***

Julia sat on her couch going through the notes she had prepared. The more she thought about it, the more she realized how incredible Aron's comprehension actually was. Even after going through the notes thrice already, she would find herself lost multiple times. 

"Aahh.. that idiot.. is he mocking me deliberately?" She can only throw the notes in a corner before walking over to her bed. Just about to fall in her bed, her attention was caught by the reflection in the dressing mirror. Her fingers rested on her red lips, caressing the supple flesh. 

Images of the boy's lips reaching down to press against hers filled her mind. "Aaghh..!!" Her face flushed red with blood, she jumped in bed rubbing her hot face in her pillow. *Meow* The cute ball of fur made its way between her arms, snuggling in her warm embrace. She clutched it closer to her chest, trying to keep a clear mind and fall asleep.

*Knock* *Knock* It's not even been 10 minutes since she closed her eyes when someone knocked on her door. It was not the right time for a guest to drop by, thus the girl was a bit surprised. Walking over she opened the door to find the same handsome face that he had been imagining all day long. 

"Why are you here? I told you..??" His face only irritated her even further and age was about to go on a rant when she noticed that the boy was not alone. "Can we come in, Julia?" Most of the time, she had seen the boy with a cheerful grin on his face, like nothing around him cam affect him. 

Yet, for some reason, he had a completely serious face right now. Plugging the frustration in her heart, he invited both the boy and the girl inside. She can see that both of them had their clothes drenched, probably from the heavy downpour outside.

"What's the matter with you two? Here.. dry yourselves first." She hurriedly found two towels, handing them over. "I have a request to make, Julia." "Wait, let me bring you guys some hot drink, you are cold." "No. That can wait." She stopped in her way. That's when Julia noticed that the girl behind Aron had red eyes and she was not in the best condition.

"Tell me. What is it?" She made them sit down. "Is it possible for you to help Kyla get a job at this place? I know it's asking for too much, considering our short relationship, but if you can help her, I will be eternally grateful." Julia saw the boy bend a full 90 degrees at his waist, his head touching the ground.

"Hey.. what are you doing? No need for all that, get up." Finding the situation awkward for her taste, she promptly held onto his shoulders pulling him up. "It's okay, Aron. We are friends. I will try my best, but first, tell me everything from the beginning." Kyla's slow snifflings told her that the two carried a story with them.

A few minutes later Julia had her hands clenched into fists. "Those bastards..!!" She was angered at the circumstances Aron narrated, however that was a regular business in the slave quarters. Basic dignity was not exactly for the lowest tiers of society. 

"We can't leave those guys after they did that. Come with me, I will talk to the authorities." Kyla was sent by Julia to have a bath, leaving both of them alone on the couch. She was going to get up when Aron held onto her hands. "Please leave that to me, Julia. I will take care of all of them. I just need some time. That's why, for the time being, I wanted her to be at someplace safe."

He had made sure to remember each of their faces through the hole in the door of Kyla's bathroom. It was just a matter of time before he will find them. He can't push any more of his burden to this kind girl. Julia felt her heart race when the boy suddenly held her hand, she tried subtly to get it out of his grip, albeit to no success. 

Sighing and letting him hold onto it, she mulled over the matter. "It should not be too difficult. Let her rest with me for the night. Tomorrow morning, I will see what can be done." Aron once again bowed his head for the generosity of the girl. "I have no idea how I can thank you for this. You truly are like an angel in my life." 

His words made the girl blush. "It's nothing much. Then how about you rest here as well? I got a spare bed." "It's okay, I would take my leave. Please take care of Kyla for me." Julia's mind was fluttering in ecstasy when his words made her take into account Aron's concern for Kyla. 'She is friend, Julia. Don't think too much about it.' 

Aron left the girl's dorm after putting Kyla in bed. "How did it go?" When he reached his quarters, Caleb was already in his bed. Aron took a look at the small skull in the corner. "Not exactly planned." He removed his wet clothes, putting them to dry. "It's alright, brother. No need to be too downcast about it. Just don't give up."

Aron smiled, climbing into his bed. "You can't be planning to hug onto my thighs to improve your situation?" "Haha.. what are you saying brother? How can I do that to you? Just don't forget about this fatty once you make it big in life." "How is that not holding onto my thighs?" Both friends chuckled and bantered for a while before falling asleep. 

*Rumble* *Rumble* The thunderstorm continued late in the night. Bright lightning kept flashing in Aron's quarters. On the floor, in one corner stood a small infant's skull, its eyes glowing red. A minute passed and a dull yellow light appeared on the floor. The light shining was in a particular formation.

*Rumble* *Rumble* *Crackle* The skull on the floor began sinking in the floor until it had disappeared completely inside the formation. *Rumble* *Rumble* Outside, the thunderstorm was gaining momentum. From the bright formation, a hand emerged from the simmering floor. 

It was a skeletal hand and just like it, another hand revealed itself. The hands held onto the solid floor, pulling the rest of the body. Next moment all light in the room died out, except the flash of lightning. A skeleton stood next to Aron and Caleb's bunk bed, its hollow eyes glowing red and staring right at fatty's face. 

Turning its head, it switched to stare at Aron's sleeping face as well. This continued for the next half an hour, after which the skeleton stepped towards the door. Its bony hand unlocked the door, before moving out. The boys slept without any care for the rest of the night.

"Oi fatty..!! Did you pick up my skull?" In the morning Caleb woke up with Aron shouting on his face. "Ahh.. what are you saying? Why would I touch that creepy thing?" "Are you sure? I can't find it anywhere." Caleb got up to find that there was nothing in the corner of their room. "You sure you didn't pick it up yourself?" 

Aron shook his head. "Nope." "Sorry then buddy, I got nothing on it." Caleb shrugged his shoulders, and went back to sleeping, covering his face with his blanket. His friend was left scratching his head, confused how a skull can move on its own.

***

"Good morning, old guy!!" The man at the necromancy shop knew that he can't argue with the brat, and hence came up with an effective defense, that is to ghost him and his insults. Pretending to be calm outside he kept his head buried in his perverted magazine. 

"Don't be so harsh on him, boy. So what if he has a little white hair on his head and he can barely perform.. *cough* You should cut him slack, he is really hardworking." Aron saw Rumi walk over, trying to 'support' her husband. Only thing was that her so-called support only caused the lines on his forehead to increase in number.

"Hmm? Yeah, I am sure it takes a lot of dedication to watch a bunch of naked women again and again." "Huh.. a bunch of peasants... It's a waste to expect you guys to appreciate the art and culture." Both the woman and the boy made faces at him.

"Come with me kid, I had to talk to you about a few things. It's good that you are here." Rumi locked arms with the boy, bringing him along. "Me? Why so?" "Hehe.. you never told me that you had slain a cloud poison panther. You might be probably the first-ever mortal to slay such a dangerous beast." 

Aron scratched the bridge of his nose, responding in a low voice. "Well, technically I was not a true mortal. I had already begun my cultivation at that point." "Haha.. even now you aren't even at the E level. There is no difference between those lower than E and mortals." 

"Ahem.. well that chips away at my confidence, but it's okay." Rumi broke out into a peal of laughter, and Aron had the luck to witness those boobies bouncing on her chest. *gulp* "Haha... I didn't mean that, kiddo. Come sit here, tell me more about you. I learned many things about you from Ava, the more I heard the more fascinating it sounded. I would love to hear more from you." 

She too leaped to sit beside him on the counter. "I think the most exciting part has already been told by Ms. Ava. There is nothing left to say. My life had a pretty cliche from the start." "Huh.. don't be such a spoiler, how about you let me decide about that?" 

Aron gave in and both of them had a hearty talk for quite some time. Ava too had shown up, helping her mother with some chores of the store, while he recited the interesting parts of his life. "That will be all about me. Now can we talk some business?" 

Rumi giggled at his exasperated face, unable to keep herself from pinching his cheeks. "Haha.. you look so cute when you are annoyed. So? What happened? Burnt through all your ingredients for the spell?" "Huh.. did you expect a slave boy to cast a spell for the first time, in two tries? He probably wasted them just to figure out the order haha..!!"

<<If you like the story then consider being a patron to support the author as well as read upto 30 chapters ahead. https://www.patre*on.com/slayer104 (remove '*')

Kudos!!>>

39