Chapter 80 Promise that shaped a powerhouse 
1.4k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aron can feel a soft cushion on his face. Even with his eyes closed, out of instinct, his hand reached over to grab hold of the mass. *Tut* *Tut* His fingers sank into the sac. The more he squeezed it, the better it felt. He was like a kid, fondling the spongy melons hanging above him.

Still half asleep, his thumb touched upon a small protrusion that was harder than everything around it. He had only rubbed it a few times when he jerked his eyes open. Struggling to see the face of the woman in whose lap he had been sleeping, Aron immediately felt a wave of abashment strike him.

"Hmm? Are you awake?" The large chest of the lady was obscuring most of his vision, nonetheless, he recognized the amiable face with long blue strands of hair falling from over both her ears. 

"Yes." Aron replied with a hum, obviously embarrassed about his earlier behavior. "Then can you please let go of my breast? Or you want me to suckle you?" This is when Aron realized that he was still holding onto the heavy milkers of Mrs. Nancy. 

"I am so sorry. Please forgive my delinquency, madam Nancy." He scratched his head, trying to put on the best expression he could come up with. Even so, he didn't fault himself. Mrs. Nancy's pair of tits were just too squishy, his hands craving the touch. 

"It's okay. As long as I don't have to feed a grown-ass baby like you, it can be forgiven." Nancy chuckled lightly, causing her breasts to jiggle from side to side, almost mesmerizing the boy underneath. 

Though she was joking, her regularly bringing up the case of suckling was not helping his case. Rather, his mind was now fixated on creating scenery in his head. "Ahem.." Unable to afford an erection at this point, he forcibly shook himself up despite the tremendous discomfort all over his body.

"Easy there, boy.." Nancy put her hand behind his back, slowly helping him sit up. "Don't push yourself, your body is almost at the point of burnout." Aron noticed the splendid smile the lady was beaming. 

"Where are we, madam? I remember falling.." Aron looked around, recalling himself slipping over the ground and falling asleep. "I brought you over here. You would have caught a cold if you had slept on the grass like that. Also, you can address me as grandma Nancy, just like Julia." 

Nancy caressed the back of the kid, trying to pass some of her mana into his body. "There is no need for too much formality with me." Aron can feel a refreshing feeling enter his system and he wholeheartedly welcomed it. 

Watching the boy nodded his head like a chicken, Nancy smiled back at him. "I hope you know what you have gotten yourself into, young one." For much of the duration time, Aron found himself lost in the deep blue eyes of the lady, only waking from his stupor when she talked back to him.

"I know. This must be bad. I got carried away." The boy scratched the tip of his nose ruefully. "Haha... it's fine. You are just a kid after all." Contrary to what he had assumed, Nancy's glowing face didn't lose any of its shine.

"For now... I have pulled a few strings and limited the recordings of the Gamma training center to only our faculty members. They will be briefed about you possessing some kind of rare blood-related magic abilities." 

Aron didn't flinch a muscle, listening to every word with utmost importance. "Huh.. don't know how many will buy that.. but at least we would have explained our situation." Nancy looked into the distance as she stroked his back, lost in thought.

"Even with all the troubles I manage to put myself into, mad.. ahem.. grandma had been kind enough to support me at every juncture. I don't have anything as of now so I can only share my deepest gratitude." Respect emerged from his heart and he iterated his position with a deep bow. 

Even though he has not been turned into a vampire or some other blood-sucking creature, the truth remained that the powers he had gained came from a vampire. The stigma and loathing attached to them in the human sanctuaries were enough to either cast him out or make his life a tragedy. 

Aron was aware of this fact and thus the surge of emotions behind his words was real, reaching Nancy as well. The smile on her face grew even wider. "Though your ability to attract trouble onto yourself is tremendous, what's much more mind-boggling is your resilience to survive."  

"Hence, I will say that my efforts for you are well worth it." She put her arm around the boy, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Still can you promise me one thing?" Slowly she separated the boy from her chest, looking him in his clear black eyes. 

"Yes. Anything." He didn't have to say much, only two words were required to propagate his conviction. Nancy held onto both his arms, her smile retracting, replaced with a much more somber expression. 

She took a good while to arrange her thoughts. Yet, Aron remained still like a statue, staring at the lady without a flutter of hesitation in his eyes. "Always place more importance on the relationships you build with others, Aron. Power comes secondary. Promise this old lady that you will never get blinded by your greed for greater power." 

Nancy had seen the boy for what he really was. She was possibly the only one who knew how immense potential this boy held. The strength he had shown right now was probably not his peak. Too much power corrupts without fail. 

Aron didn't get exactly what warranted such a response from Mrs. Nancy. Why would he, a mere slave boy, be blinded by power? He must be the last person in this world who required that advice. Nevertheless, since he had decided on it.. so be it.

He smiled vibrantly and held Nancy's palms in his. "I don't get it, grandma. But it doesn't matter. You have my solemn promise that I shall never let power blind me. For all my life, I shall not abandon my relationship for the sake of attaining a greater height." 

*Rumble* *Rumble* As if led by divine intervention, thunder cracked in the sky. Black clouds surged out of nowhere and instantly sank the entire world into gripping darkness. *Rumble* *Rumble* 

Bolts of lightning sparked all over the black sky, illuminating both Aron and Nancy's faces from time to time. The moment the boy had uttered those words, Nancy was lost. She could not feel anything. Her senses were going haywire. 

She can't even feel mana anymore... Mana? Her mind sparked and she broke out of the reverie, finding Aron still holding onto her hands and looking at her with the same hint of a grin on his face. 

*Tip* *Tip* *Tap* *Tap* Drops of water fell from the sky and Nancy turned her head up to find how her surroundings had changed in a matter of seconds. The sunny evening was nowhere to be seen and something told her that this was not natural. 

Her body desperately tried time and again to establish a link with the natural mana around her but to no avail. She can't sense anything at all. "This.." Completely out of instinct, her head gazed up into the shy.

There.. waiting in the sky was the grim reaper itself. Even someone with Nancy's level of cultivation was having trouble breathing. Her heart raced, just by looking at the insurmountable figure in the sky. 

The apparition stretched like the skies themselves. Without access to mana, she was like a fish out of water. Her breathing grew ragged. "Hmm? Are you okay, grandma?" 

Unaware of anything that transpired with the lady, Aron noticed blood drain from her face once she raised her head. He followed her gaze to see if there was something in the sky, but he can't see anything at all. That's why, he shook her hands, trying to wake her up from this stupefied state. 

The drops of rain now transitioned into a downpour, giving them no opportunity to run for cover. "Ahh.. yeah.. cough... I am fine." Nancy was more or less sure Aron had something to do with this phenomenon. But since the boy looked clueless, it can only mean that he that was triggering it without any conscious thought.

Taking one last look at the reaper looking down on this mortal world, she gulped and stood up. "Let's go... I will drop you over to your dorms." Nancy was tired. Exceedingly tired. Holding onto Aron's hand, they made their way through the heavy rain.

**A few minutes back**

"He isn't back yet?" Julia stood at some distance from the slave quarters. There was a large crowd gathered outside the gates of the property, screaming and hooting to be allowed inside. Each one of them was a student of Greenville Academy and yet today they were huddled together just to get a glance of a slave. 

"Nope." Hestia informed the newcomers. "It's very likely that he witnessed these idiots and scurried away haha.." Needless to say, the spectacled girl was quite exultant after such a massive performance by Aron.

"Hmm. That's very likely." Sophie remarked and others agreed. The ginger-haired girl was the only one who remained silently gazing into the distance. "You got something, Hera?" Julia has gotten good at reading Hera's face throughout the time of them mostly sticking together. 

"Ah.. yeah.." As if she was woken up from a stupor, she stuttered before gaining her control back. "Ahem... I mean.. Aron doesn't have too many places he can go, you see. Apart from this place I can think of only two other places... First is the faculty accommodation and the second.."

"The girls' hostel." Almost all the girls spoke up to complete the sentence. "Hahaha.. what a mess.. we are waiting for him and that idiot is probably waiting for us.." Ava laughed out loud. 

"What are we waiting for then? Let's go. First, we will check our hostel, if he is not there then he must be in Mrs. Yana's arms.. tch.." Julia gritted her teeth for no particular reason. 

Coming to a consensus, the girls left the place and walked over to their hostel. On the way, the surrounding temperature plummeted suddenly. Hera was the first to notice the anomaly and immediately looked up in the sky.

"What happened Hera.. is there something in the..??" Hestia stopped in her track, turning back to look at a distinction Hera. Others too turned around, only to witness the absolutely bizarre sight in the sky. Right in front of their eyes, black clouds converged over their heads, and lightning bolts shaped.  

"What in the world is this?" Rain clouds don't form on such short notice. Julia can't make any sense of it. *Rumble* *Rumble* And before the girls knew it, the weather transformed into a thunderstorm. 

"Get going if you don't want to be drenched." Hera can tell something was not right, but before she could figure out anything, she was dragged along by her friends. 

"You guys.. can you feel it?" Even when rushing back to their hostel Hera raised her hand amidst the strong winds. Everyone saw her raise her right hand caught onto a brilliant flame. The flashy titian-colored fire covered her entire hand.

Her actions left the girls in confusion. Was this the right time to show tricks? But Hera was not someone who puts on useless stunts. 

Julia was different. She saw the flames diminishing power as they went off with a poof. "My mana... I can't feel it." Those short words immediately brought the entire group to a halt in the middle of the streets. 

Paired with an exchange of glances, each one of them raised their heads to glance at the vast sky that had now been thundering black clouds. It was a scene out of the apocalypse. The girls even forgot to run when the downpour began. 

    

<<If you like the story then consider being a patron to support the author as well as read upto 30 chapters ahead. https://www.patre*on.com/slayer104 (remove '*')

Kudos!!>>

34