Chapter 88 Enraged Skelly
1.3k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grief flashed on Aron's face when he saw his buddy.. his first-ever summon.. get completely wrecked. He felt desolation, seeing his buddy's head crushed into a powder was too much for his little heart to take. 

Fond memories from the prior week flashed in his mind. He recalled teaching his skelly how to walk around and follow simple commands. He was like a kid to him. "You bastard...!!" He bellowed in a dramatic turn of events. 

"The fuck is going on over there?" Christina like others got off her ass to get a better picture of what climactic development was happening on the stage. "Is this all under control?" Tracey questioned no one in particular. 

Chris and Gloria brooded. "It doesn't feel like it is." Chris eventually judged the situation. "It's fine, don't rush up there. Mr. Simon will take care of it." Gloria can tell that probably one of Aron's summons had gone rogue. As such, she stopped the trio from walking up the stage. 

*Screeech* Aron's words didn't sit well with the skeleton that just murdered his brother in cold blood. Turning its head towards the boy it echoed a long extended screech that left the hairs on the boy's neck standing in terror. 

"Shit.. go back." Simultaneously, taking multiple steps back, Aron scrambled to repeat the chants in order to release the spell. *Click* He noticed the skeleton draw out a long knife from the scabbard tied to his waist. 

Simon, who had until now watched the events unfold with an expressionless face knew it was time for him to act. Aron had lost control of his summon. His body moved as a fluid through the air and instantly he appeared right in front of the rogue skeleton. 

*Swipe* The undead didn't think twice before attacking the man with the knife in his hand, going directly for his neck. "Hmph.." Not thinking much of the attack, Simon easily blocks it with his hand. "It's time to sleep!" 

With a smile, the man was about to dispatch the undead creature when back bizarrely he ended up staring into the hollow eye sockets. The bright red light seemed to enlarge his vision.

Aron who had taken refuge behind Mr. Simon suddenly saw the man's defenses weaken. He can't tell what came over this guy but he ended up dropping his arm that had initially stopped the knife blow.

Having caught the man off-guard, the merciless skeleton was not going to waste this opportunity. Its knife swung swiftly, intent on stabbing the arteries of the peaky human. 

*BANG* In a split second, a massive pressure fell on the skeleton's head, thrusting it down to the ground. "We meet again." At the advent of the voice, Simon was able to regain his consciousness. 

For a moment, Aron can see no one other than himself, an unnerved Mr. Simon, and the crushed skeleton on the ground. And yet he heard a fluttering of clothes above him and raised his head. There suspended in the air was an angelic being draped in a pitch-black dress, spreading her unmatched radiance in every direction. 

"Mrs. Yana!!" The floating figure ignored his cry and began chanting a spell. At Mr. Simon's feet, the skeleton that came exceedingly close to reaping his life began disappearing into a dimensional portal. 

Unwilling to be restrained, it struggled vehemently, nonetheless, all his efforts were wasted. Mrs. Yana's magic was extremely strong. In the end, Aron observed the guy murderously glare at him before disappearing forever.

"You should have avoided looking directly in the eyes, Mr. Simon. That one.. was not a regular skeleton. You should be on your guard at all times. We are here to guide the students, it will reflect badly on us if we lose our focus." Yana chided the man as she gently floated down in front of him.

"Thanks a lot for your intervention, Mrs. Yana." The man bowed first to the lady and then turned to gaze deeply at the boy behind her. "I shall be more careful from now on." Aron was not sure how he should react, nevertheless, taking responsibility he came forward.

"Please forgive this junior for messing up the spell, instructor. I am deeply ashamed at my incompetence." His apology only made Mr. Simon smile ruefully. Incompetence? He almost lost his life there. 

"It's fine. Spell go haywire every now and then. That's the whole point of having the Radiance hall." Mr. Simon responded with a good-natured smile. "But please make sure you always test your spells more carefully from next time." 

"I will." Aron bowed deeply to the guy. He didn't think Mr. Simon will come to be such a gentleman. He can easily think of someone else in his place who would have gone mad and berated him endlessly. 

Initially, the instructor came off as quite a snobbish guy at the start of the screening tests. But now when he thought about it, the guy didn't mean to demean them in any manner, rather he was just being nonchalant about his work.

Yana stood in her place with a smile on her face. Having witnessed the spell casting herself, she knew it was not Aron's fault. The spell he casted had indeed been the most common summoning spell for necromancers. 

It should have not in any way allowed the nasty creature to crawl here and yet it did. 'Looks like I must research this matter seriously.' As an adept Necromancer herself, she was intrigued by this anomaly.

Thinking till here, she turned to the boy. "You good?" Aron immediately pecked his head, not forgetting to pay his last respects to his buddy who died needlessly in this ensuing madness. 

Yana saw the boy was unsteady on his feet and took hold of his hand. "Hmm.. you lost all your mana..??" She was passing on the remark when the boy fell head first on her bosom, unconscious. "Oh my..!" Yana chuckled and held the kid in her arms.

"What is going on here?" A voice emerged from behind her. Darlene came to stand next to her, watching Aron sticking to Yana's chest like a baby with some envy. 

Yana shrugged her shoulders. "No idea. For some strange reason, that thing seems to have attached itself to our little friend here." She kept the fact about the ancient spell casting by Aron a secret for now. 

"Is the boy alright?" Before Darlene could respond, another raspy voice interjected. Mrs. Jayden and Mrs. Holmes can be seen approaching the group, followed by a few more concerned faculty. 

The lady in black dress turned to gaze at the face nestling in her breasts. "He looks fine to me. Just a bit exhausted." Even the twins had climbed up the stage now that everything had gone haywire. 

"That's fine then." Mrs. Jayden came to stand opposite Yana. "You were exceptionally fast today Yana. Something tells me as if.." 

Yana's eyes narrowed but she kept the smile on her face. "As if?" Jayden laughed out loud, not shrinking even a bit when facing the princess of the north, rather she seems to enjoy her reaction.

"Haha... if I must say so. Why did it feel like the princess was already expecting things to go south?" Yana can tell what Jayden was planning, so instead, she remained calm. "I am sure you must have imagined it, Mrs. Jayden. After all, you do take quite a lot of interest in yours truly here.. hehe.." 

Jayden had seen the swiftness with which Yana had acted. Sure, the skeleton managed to catch Simon off guard, but in no way he was ever in the danger that would have called for Yana's intervention. As such, it presented a curious case to Jayden. Not to mention the swiftness with which she captured the undead, imprisoning it away from the peering eyes, made it extremely suspicious. 

"Haha.. always overestimating yourself.. huh.." "It can't be helped.. you can say I am a tiny bit egoistic at times." Yana countered. Standing close by, Darlene can tell these two persons were definitely on the opposite ends of the spectrum. 

"Ahem...I guess, since the boy is fine, we should leave the matter to Mr. Simon. He is the assigned authority for these tests." The redhead put herself in between the two ladies, cutting them off. 

"You are right. Let's us leave this to the concerned persons, all of us got other our own tasks to look after." Mrs. Holmes took the opportunity provided by Darlene to drag Mrs. Jayden away from the scene. The olive-haired woman took one last look at the boy stuck to Yana's chest, before snickering. "See you around, princess." 

Yana humped, not even bothering to reply. Some other faculties came and talked to her, not sticking around for long. Her amiable face returned once again and her interaction with them was a 180-degree turn from her back and forth with Mrs. Jayden.

"You two got some history?" Darlene commented but Yana scoffed it off. "Just some bad blood." Not choosing to stick to the topic, she picked a sprint nourishment pill from her pocket and handed it over to Christina.

"Please take care of him for me." She carefully tore the boy off her and let him fall onto Chris. The boy nodded his head. Satisfied, Yana pointed to the pill in Cristina's hand, asking them to feed him once he woke up.

"I am sure you can take it from here, Mr. Simon. We shall take our leave now." With those last words, both ladies left the stage together. 

***

On the outskirts of the capital stood a lone mansion, hidden away under the dense vegetation that surrounded it, miles and miles in each direction. In the underground levels, a group of men sat in one corner heavily intoxicated with the wine.

"This is the worst job, I am telling you." A man with a large patch of wetness around his collar threw the ring open by displaying his cards to everyone around. 

"Hmph.. as if we goons are good for anything else." Another guy scoffed while throwing his cards on the ground before taking a swig from his gourd. 

"Still.. at the very least if we are involved in these inglorious businesses, the least we can expect is to get ourselves some good pussy regularly." The first one lamented, chewing on a twig. 

"What a waste of time... Surrounded by slaves all around and we can't even touch a single one." The third guy joined the game, dashing his cards in the mix after a thoughtful few seconds. 

"Yeah, better not think about it. Boss can be extremely cruel at times if he learns we tried to rub ourselves with some of the slaves.. it will be bad. I don't want to lose this job just because of my cock." The second guy put his gourd down with a shake of his head. 

"Huh.. what a bunch of pussies haha.." The fourth one who had been silent all this while laughed out loud. His words incensed the other three who argued with him. "Ehh.. so you want to fuck a woman, am I right?" He stopped them all, asking a question.

"Come on what are you, idiots, staring at? Do you want to fuck or not?" The three persons gazed at each other in confusion. Eventually, one after the other all three of them pecked their heads. "Hehe.. then are you ready to address me as boss of I can bring you some nice pussy?" 

"You can?" The first guy asked, not believing the person. "Of course, but it's not going to be free. Since I will be taking the risk, I want each one of you to pay up 50 copper coins." Once again, everyone stared at each other's faces in befuddlement. None can tell what gave the guy his confidence. 

"50 coppers is too much for a one-time fuck." The second guy argued, unwilling to pay a big chunk of his monthly salary on a meat hole. "Haha.. what are you saying? You think 50 coppers can fetch you an elf in any market?" Immediately, the expressions on the men's faces changed. 

<<If you like the story then consider being a patron to support the author as well as read upto 30 chapters ahead. https://www.patre*on.com/slayer104 (remove '*')

Kudos!!>>

27