Chapter 91: [Seer] & Bear Hunt
3k 16 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It works! Nice going, Aino!" - Garami

"I'm more surprised that you already knew about the class when I texted you on the chat last night." - Aino

"Just a stroke of luck. And it works! Though, I gotta sink all my AP into this from now on." - Garami

I took off the testing blindfold and gave it back to Aino, happy that the AP I used were well spent

For some context, it's been two days since I got the info from Siel, and I finally decided to obtain the "Seer" class. Yup, I'm taking a Sub Class just to become able to see even with a blindfold on.

Aino is with me, as we're testing out the effect of the class in one of the safe areas in the prison. She had managed to obtain the same info as Siel gave me, and both sources said the class would be perfect to solve my problem, so despite the "big costs", I took the class.

Though, this "Seer" class is more impressive than you'd think. The class info was something like this...

Class: Seer
Rank: Intermediate
Class-line: Scout/Special
Requirement conditions:
  • Requirement: having stayed active for 20 in-game hours with a limited line of sight.
  • MAG: 150+
  • LUC: 150+
Stats:
MAG+ LUC+    
Class traits:
  • Unlocks search-type skills related to one's mind's eye.
  • Increases the effect of search-type skills related to one's mind's eye.
Description:

The "Seer" is a Scout-line class of the "Teachings of Searching". Unlike other classes of its category, "Seer" is more of a class that trades one of the five senses for the ability to "search" rather than improving already-existing abilities in that direction.

This class grants skills related to obtaining supernatural perception abilities in exchange for blinding oneself. 

If you are a real edgelord, then this class will help you on your way.

Yes, I am an edgelord~~... NOT! ...Okay, just a tiny bit... And it is nice to know that my troubles as an unstable Djinn, back when I was an F-rank, are finally coming to good use.

Ignoring the ridiculous class description, the new class skill is pretty sweet.

Skill: Paranormal Sight
Skill Type: Perception
Skill Tier: 1
Element: ---
Effect:
  • When one is restricting one's vision with an item, allows one to view the world as if looking at a 3D map with oneself in the center.
  • Allows one to use sight-related skills anywhere within the borders of the 3D map while it is active.

When I was wearing the test blindfold, one of those 3D maps the skill mentions appeared in front of me so to replace my lost sight. The range of the map is pretty short, but that's only due to the skill being at Lv.1 at the moment. 

To be honest, it's an incredible skill. I can see anything of 360 degrees around me without moving my neck, plus the details are pretty good. I bet I could notice any sneak attacks now~. Of course, after the map's range is expanded. And I get the hang of this VERY enlarged line of view. 

Without wasting a second, I poured all my current AP into the skill. I had been earning some extra AP when I was helping out Bloom with the quests in this place, plus I also did some on my own after she was released from her status as a criminal. Not to mention that I'd obtained some levels on our way to the prison. I'm currently at Lv.3. D-ranks sure have it difficult in earning levels...

Anyway, [Paranormal Sight] has reached Lv.6 thanks to my wholehearted charity of AP to it. The range of the 3D map has become way bigger compared to before...but not enough. This is far from enough. I shouldn't start using my "main equipment" just yet. Let's wait until the skill reaches Lv.10.

After that, I should try to evolve my classes. FINALLY! But for that, I need more AP. WAY MORE! And after THAT AGAIN, I should start considering taking some more Poison element skills. It's a shame that I have the element, but aren't using it at all. Only for that one Evil Eye. We need a downpour of poison in the future...

In any case, the goal from now is AP, AP, and more AP! Nyx and the others have gathered so much that it's about time for them to take new classes, or evolve the skills they have maxed out for now. Speaking of which, is it possible to increase the level of [Paranormal Sight] by training? ...Probably not. It's "paranormal" after all.

"Time for grinding." - Garami

"You are not going to use the blindfold?" - Aino

"Not yet. I wanna max out the skill first." - Garami

"Hmm, that sounds reasonable. Let me help." - Aino

"You sure?" - Garami

"I want AP as well~." - Aino

"Fair enough. I don't think there's anything else we could add to the Darkland Fort at this point, so this last week can be used for free time." - Garami

We added 2 new elements to the Fort and a whole new line of monsters in the form of the Undead-line. I'd say that's pretty impressive. The stats are also looking good now, so it's fine to take a break from that farming and start on something else.

The downside is that it seems that even if adding materials to the Fort may increase the values for one of the stats, there's a big risk for a different value to decrease. The only Dungeon stat that seems unaffected by this "decrease" seems to be the Monsters stat. It is always increased and has reached rank C now, making it the highest stat of the Dungeon.

The materials I've fed the Dungeon seem to favor the Knowledge and Stealth categories better than the others. Or, maybe the Dungeon is taking after me? Wait, wouldn't that mean I need to take some warrior classes if I want a balanced slew of monsters in the Fort? ...Nah. They'll reach higher ranks sooner or later. I'll stick to playing as I like. 

"Is a cosplay party part of the free time?" - Aino

"No. Bear hunting is." - Garami

"Oh, okay. ...What kind of bear?" - Aino

"Magma Bears." - Garami

"Oh, boy." - Aino

---

"Get moving already." - Garami

"NO WAY! Bears eat foxes!" - Aino

"No, they don't! ...I think?" - Garami

It took some dragging, screaming, and kicking, but I reached the vegetable garden with Aino in my tracks. Literally. 

"Why do I have to fight some big bad bears? I'm a Weaver! Give me cute girls to dress up instead!" - Aino

"Sure, your loss. It is only 5+ AP in reward for kicking those teddy bears back to the toy store." - Garami

"Why didn't you say so in the first place? Tonight, there's bear stew on the menu!" - Aino

That sounds like it would taste too gamey even for a gamer, so no thanks. 

"Aino, Garami. You are just in time." - Palug

"Heya. Bones couldn't make it?" - Garami

"He said something about a 'herd of bloodred bulls that have a date with his necromancy' or something." - Palug

It seems the old bones will be busy. But bloody bulls, those things sound wild. Hope he doesn't get any broken bones from that adventure. 

After getting together, we started being on the lookout for the thieving bears. Palug was jumping around with an incredible speed. Sometimes it looked like he outright jumped on top of the winds he created. Maybe he really did? Man, that element has all the cool moves. I NEED to get as much AP as possible from this quest...

"*ROAAAAR*!!" - Magma Bear

"AP! GIVE ME!" - Garami

*Slash!*

And the bear goes...not down? Yikes! My scythe's on fire! 

"Garami, stop attacking the flaming beast without a thought and focus on weakening it instead." - Palug

Ugh, my greed got the best of me. The monsters don't look that different from small, black-furred bears, but now that I get a chance to see them up close, I noticed that they have some glowing, red marks all over their bodies. As if they were made from hardened magma, yet there's some active stuff underneath the outer layer. 

The bear I slashed tried to bear-punch me in retaliation, even when its wound wasn't that bad visually. I threw some demonic webbing at it as a distraction before backtracking to where the others were waiting. 

There, I could get a clear view of the battlefield...now that my mind had cleared as well. There are four Magma Bears, but the one I slashed at seems to be a young specimen. The other three are as big as cars! 

The three huge bears came running at us while the mini-bear tried to rip off the webbing with brute force. Glad he's not trying to use that magma again but isn't close combat extremely bad for us? Punching = potentially dipping your hand into magma. Which means that calling on Nyx is NG. I gotta settle for Nala.

With Nala's water shields to hide behind, I started glaring at the three charging bears with my Evil Eyes. Poison and Weakness, to be exact. One of the bears got annoyed, probably got a big chunk of ailments, so it tried to force its way through, but a torpedo of wind blasted him backward... Huh? A torpedo?

Wait, it was Palug! The damn rabbit had wrapped a freaking tornado around himself and jumped at the bear with a lounging stab. The impact alone was enough to KO the big beast! Though, it's not dead yet, only unconscious. And there are three more to go. 

The two remaining big bears tried to attack Nala. One of the bears had its claws covered in flames, while the other guy stood up on his back feet and went into a boxing position. The claws left behind a trail of fire as they slashed toward Nala, while the boxing bear's straight red glowed and bubbled like molten lava. 

However, her water shields blocked their attacks. I could see a red light effect cover the shields, and in the back, there was Aino throwing spells at the squid demon. Support spells? Heat-resisting magic? Well, seeing as these guys may be made literally out of magma, that's the best a fire magician could do in this situation. 

While Nala endured the attacks, I slashed at the claw bear with my scythe covered in darkness, while also preparing a snare at the bear's feet through [Trap Expertise]. The scythe caught fire again, and the bear got extremely angry at my interruption, which made it try to reach for me.

That forced the bear to trip due to my snare, which gave Nala the chance to stab the bear with her many spears. The bear was holding out, but I stabbed my scythe straight into its brain before it had a chance to get up. Critical damage of the highest degree! And my scythe is getting hot. Too hot! Scorching! Ouch!!

Meanwhile, Palug had been taking on the boxing bear. While the bear was standing on its back legs, Palug had unleashed a flurry of stabs with his rapier. If the bear tried to return on all four, Palug gave it a good rabbit kick on the nose, which forced the bear to stand on two feet again while holding its snout. That rabbit is nasty. Will he turn vorpal at some point?

And the first big bear is up on his feet...not! He's crouched into a ball form and is spinning on the spot to gain speed! Is this guy a roller type!? They have every kind of bear in this quest! 

The bear came charging toward Palug, probably because all the bear's aggro is aimed at him due to the torpedo attack from before...but he slipped on some fluid on the floor and changed course...straight at the boxing bear. 

*CRASH!!* 

Oooohh...that gotta hurt...

"Yes! It worked!" - Aino

The fox seems to be the culprit in this horrible traffic accident. No way that was fire, so...Ink-type skills? Wow. They even have that kinda stuff.

The two accident bears are taken care of by Palug, so let's turn our attention to the first bear...hey. Why are you having so many scary-looking magic circles around you? Bad bear! Stop that! No magma spells! 

I punished the bear with a whip slash from [Demon Spider's Thread]. The strike hit the circles and destabilized them due to the high amount of mana in the demonic webbing efficiently casting the huge (and slow) spell the mini-bear ("magic bear" from now on) had tried to cast on us while we were busy with the fighter bears. 

But the webbing burned up in a split second after that. Hot! Everything about these blasted bears is too damn hot! And I can see that more bears are coming at us from the distance. Give me a break! This quest better hand over a boatload of AP for all this trouble!! Charge!!

75