Chapter 14 – Beating the Strong (2)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread by Peter Gong

The girl in white robe is in her twenties, and she has a long black hair falling over her shoulders, a pair of extremely beautiful eyes, long eyelashes and a white-jade like face. The perfect facial features are combined together in an impeccable way, giving people an unreal feeling that her beauty seems not to belong to the real world.

If Karen is the most beautiful girl here, then now, she will be dwarfed by the girl wearing the white robe if she stands in front of her. What's more, the girl's slender body figure and perfect curve on her hips and chest also make Karen inferior.

"Mr. Wolf, it would be wrong for Morense to provoke you first, but you have punished him enough for killing his two summoning beasts, please stop now." The soft voice of the girl in white robe brings those people back to reality. At that time, everyone finds that the huge iron armored beast has already stopped.

"Who are you?" Rowen asks, staring at the girl after he has turned the armored beast into a bracelet.

Perrucci?

Rowen stands still for a while, and he can't help thinking of Crewson's brother-in-law, Earl Perrucci. Could this girl have anything to do with Earl Perrucci?

"Cousin!" Karen hurries towards here, and the way she calls the girl also confirms Rowen's suspicion that she is the daughter of Earl Perrucci.

"Karen, you'd better take Morency to have a rest." Joy says to Karen. Morency seems to have been so shocked that he just stands there speechless. It's no wonder that the destruction of two summoning beasts at that moment is indeed a great shock for a summoner.

Although the summoner can summon again and replace the dead summoning beasts with other summoning beasts, it is not so easy to do so. Usually, the abilities of these late comers are not as powerful as the former ones. Besides, because of the amazing spiritual connection between the summoner and summoning beast, when the summoning beast is killed, it will bring damage to the summoner to a certain degree. Though this will not threaten their life, it still has to take a long time to recover.

Because of this, every summoner cherishes his summoning beasts very much, and some even value them more than his own life. But now, Morency has lost two summoning beasts in just a few minutes, so it is no wonder that he will be crazy.

"Rowen, you're so great!" Unable to contain her excitement, Nina runs through the crowd and then jumps straight at Rowen.

"Ahem…" there come two coughs next to him, followed by Carl's voice. "Nina, pay attention to your image, if you want to make out then you two can go home…"

"Shut up!" Nina lets go of Rowen and glares at Carl, and her pretty face is slightly flushed.

Though Nina and Carl are excited and happy, the people around them are in quite different mood. What has happened so far still makes them confused, but one thing is sure that Rowen has just defeats a level-II summoner easily. That is to say, the 16-year-old Rowen has already been stronger than a level-II summoner, which is out of everyone's expectation.

"Mr. Wolf, could you tell me exactly what your summing beast is?" Joy asks. At this question, people turn to look at Rowen, and they also want to know the answer.

Joy's soft and attractive voice and beautiful eyes are so appealing that Rowen loses his mind for a moment. He instinctively takes off his eyes to suppress that abnormal throbs in his heart and tries to reply as calmly as he could, "Miss Perrucci, I also wish that I can know what my summoning beast is."

"Since Mr. Wolf doesn't want to tell, I won't force to do so." Joy smiles gently. She doesn't keep asking. Rowen feels relieved and at the same time the people around are greatly let down.

"Rowen, you really surprised me today!" Crewson walks up to Rowen, his tone sounding so queer. After that, he glances at the people around and smiles, "My little girl's coming-of-age ceremony is about to start, please go back into the hall first." But there is no doubt that Rowen has impressed them a lot.

When Caroline appears in the hall, the fight between Rowen and Morency is instantly forgotten and everyone has focused their attention on Caroline.

Apparently, Caroline carefully dresses up for tonight's ceremony, and the color of her clothes is still her favorite sky blue. But she has put on a suit dress and her hair is also coiled at the back of her head, which makes her more mature. Unfortunately, although the evening dress has been elaborately designed to make up for her shortcomings on her body, people can still feel her immaturity.

But this doesn't matter and Caroline is still the leading role tonight, attracting the most attention in the hall. Her pure but little shy smile on her childish pretty face has a different charm that is enough for everyone to show his pity for her.

Rowen is also watching Caroline, but he doesn't like the way she is dressed tonight. In his eyes, the girl in a blue-sky dress as usual looks more comfortable.

"Nina, do you think Caroline will ask Rowen for the second dance later?" Carl Whispers.

"I don't know!" Nina snaps back.

"Well, Rowen, if Caroline asks you for the second dance, will you accept?" Asks Carl.

"Hey, Carl, I'll punch you if you ask me again." Before Rowen could reply, Nina is staring at Carl in an unpleasant way.

"I'm just asking, Nina. Don't you think Caroline invites Rowen here just for the second dance at her ceremony?" "Ouch!" Carl gets punched on his head when he has barely finished saying that. He holds his head and looks at Nina with a painful face.

"Well, I'll knock you out if you say that again!" Nina is shaking her fist. She has just given Carl a crack, but Carl believes that if he continues asking that question, Nina's fist might possibly fall straight on his head.

On the Cang Yun Continent, the second dance on the coming-of-age ceremony is given a very special meaning.

The coming-of-age ceremony for young girls is divided into three steps: the first step is that the mother combs her daughter's hair; the second step is that the father and the daughter have the first dance; the third step is that the young girl will invite an unmarried man present to the ceremony and this unmarried man is often the one she loves.

That's why Carl thinks that Caroline will ask Rowen for the second dance.

Rowen ignores what Carl and Nina are debating because he is looking at Carline's mother combing Caroine's hair. Caroline's mother is called Emma, and she comes from an ordinary family. In fact, Rowen has been impressed with Emma for a long time. Emma and Caroline have something in common in terms of their personality--- they are both gentle.

Emma lets Caroline's curled hair down and gently combs it. It will be her last comb for her daughter, so it takes four or five minutes before she finishes.

Then, accompanied by the soft music played by the musicians, Caroline begins her first dance with Crewson.

After a while, the music ends. Caroline and Crewson stops dancing on the dancing floor.

"Caroline, my beautiful daughter, I now pronounce you an adult." Crewson's gentle voice reaches everyone's ears. "From now on, you can do whatever you want, or you can choose your dancing partner. Now, let's see who will be the lucky one to be my little girl's first choice.

With his words, everyone is clear that the most important event of this evening is coming. That is, Caroline will choose an unmarried man to dance with her for the second time.

Countless eyes are focused on Caroline, and some of the young men push their bodies forward to make it easier for Caroline to notice them. The fact that these people come to the ceremony often means they want to marry the youngest girl of the Tiger Family.

Caroline rolls her eyes to run down the people around, and finally falls on Rowen who stands in the corner. Unlike other men who are pushing back and forth, Rowen, on the contrary, is standing far away showing no interest in the event. But unfortunately, no matter how far away he is, Caroline has spotted him at last.

When Caroline sees Rowen, she smiles brightly and them walks over to him.

"Ahem…" Crewson looks a little pale and coughs slightly. Apparently, he is warning Caroline, but she looks as if she has not heard her father and continues walking toward Rowen.

Following the direction that Caroline is heading to, everyone sees Rowen standing there. A lot of people would think Rowen's presence here is abnormal, and now they are sure that Rowen is here for this moment because Caroline will definitely choose Rowen. People know that Caroline still goes to the Wolf Family for Rowen though the Wolf Family and the Tiger Family do not get along well now.

Disappointment appears on the faces of those unmarried men, and some of them are beginning to look at Rowen with jealousy. Only Crewson's face is getting worse for this is not what he wants.

Seeing Caroline is about to walk up to Rowen, Crewson shouts at last, "Caroline!"

Caroline finally stops and turns around looking at Crewson with a puzzled look on her face. "What's wrong, Dad?" Asks she.

Crewson is angry, but he still keeps a smile on his face, saying in a gentle voice, "Caroline, I just wanna tell you, this is an important choice in your life, you have to be really careful."

Caroline smiles brightly, "I know, Dad, I'll think it over."

With that, Caroline continues walking towards Rowen and very soon she is standing in front of him.

"Rowen…" Caroline calls Rowen's name in a very happy way. Hearing this, Crewson is unable to cover up his darkening face and everyone in the hall also thinks that Caroline is inviting Rowen for the second dance.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0