Chapter 15 – Encounter a Killer Again (1)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread by Peter Gong

Rowen frowns and readies to refuse, but then he hears Caroline's words, "You really come! I was afraid you are not coming to my ceremony. Haha, I'm really glad to see you, so I'll say hello to you first!"     

"Ah?" People are surprised to see Caroline just greet to Rowen. But why does she greet Rowen right now but not at other moments?

"My attendance has no relations with you," Rowen says coldly.

"Ha, anyway you are here now. I'll go and dance now," Caroline giggles and leaves.

Just as everyone is wondering who Caroline will choose to dance with this time, Caroline goes straight to Clemson. "Father, I want you to dance with me a second time!"

There is a moment of relief as well as disappointment. Of course, the real relief comes from none other than Clemson, and it is only then that his face begins to look better.

Actually, not every girl has a lover when she becomes an adult. At this case, she can choose to dance with his father again, which means she makes no choice and everyone has chances.

Although that isn't part of Clemson's plan, either, in his opinion it is far better for Caroline not to choose Rowen for the second dance.

A few minutes later, the ceremony is officially coming to an end when Caroline and Clemson finish their dance, and then there is a real dinner.

The lights are dim and the music decadent. Dozens of couples slid onto the dancing floor. Waitresses, carrying drinks and alcohol, wade through the crowd, handing out whatever the guests want to eat and, if the guests want nothing, they can just sit in the corner like Rowen without any disturbance.

"Look, Rowen, this wine tastes good, want to try it?" Carl holds a glass of wine in his hand and looks intoxicated.

Nina glares at Carl. "You think Rowen's an alcoholic like you?"

"Nina, you shouldn't be angry with me for nobody invites you for a dance." Carl shakes his head. "it's normal for a man to drink. How can you call me an alcoholic?"

"We should go." Rowen, however, gets up and walks out.

"Now?" Carl was taken back.

"Well, you don't go? Then we'll go!" Nina, who doesn't seem to like this place, either, follows Rowen outside.

Carl quickly empties his glass and puts down it. He chases out. "hey, wait up for me, you two!"

Rowen's departure does not attract much attention, except for a pair of beautiful eyes that follow Rowen all the time until he is completely out of sight.

....

"Wohu... " Carl cheers excitedly as he leaves the Tiger family and walks on the cold streets of Mayor.

"Carl, what are you doing? Get drunk and go crazy!" Nina yells at him.

"Are you kidding me? Can a little wine make me drunk?" Carl then bellows to the air. "Ah... "

"Hey, if you get mad again, I'll knock you out!" Nina glares at Carl, her fist in the air, ready to attack.

"Nina, I'm not crazy!" Seeing Nina intends to hit him, Carl says swiftly. "I'm just too excited as it has been a long time before our Wolf family is so proud like that. Rowen is so outstanding at Tiger family today. Morency doesn't show up then, he must be afraid to appear. Ahahaha."

"Oh, you're not crazy." Nina is convinced by Carl. "Ha, there's nothing good about the Tiger family. I'll be the first female martial artist in the empire and you will be the first enchanter and Rowen will be the best summoner. We have nothing to fear and that little Tiger family should be belittled by us."

"Yeah, we're going to vanquish the Tiger family and sweep across the Cang Yun Continent, hahaha..." Carl begins to speak freely.

"Well, I'll defeat Caroline and Kellen and that Joey... " says Nina.

"Nina, It's undependable for you to defeat Caroline and Kellen, but it seems that Joey hasn't offended you?"

"It's all because of her pretty face, huh? I think she's trying to seduce Rowen!" Says Nina angrily.

"Oh, so you're jealous!" Carl laughs.

"Don't laugh!" Nina glares at Carl. "I am jealous! She's the daughter of Earl Perrucci and she's not a good guy. Well, will they dare do this to us Wolfs family if the Earl Perrucci of Tiger family doesn't back them?"

"Well, that's right." Carl nods in agreement, then turns to the other side and shouts to Rowen, who has been silent all along. "So Rowen, what the hell is your summoning beast? It looks pretty awesome!"

"Yeah, Rowen, what the hell is that?" Nina asks with interest.

"I don't know yet." Rowen smiles faintly. He is calm now, compared with Carl's excitement, for he knows that beating Morency is a big fluke.

In fact, if Morancy's two summoning beasts have not intended to attack him, his iron armored beast would not crush them, because his current knowledge of iron armored beast is so limited that he does not know how to get it to attack others.

Seeing how curious Nina and Carl look, Rowen adds, "I'm working on it these days, and I'll let you know when I get it all figured out."

"Well, tell me first, and then tell Carl," Nina says with a smile.

"Why should Rowen tell you in the first place?" Carl looks at Nina.

"Because I'm Rowen's cousin sister!" Nina says.

"But I'm Rowen's cousin brother too!" Carl protests.

"Is that a good enough reason?" Nina's pink fist is raised again.

Carl is silent, and after a moment he mutters, "such a violent girl, I am sure you may never get married."

"You..." Nina is about to explode again.

"Well, you two should stop playing now, and I'll tell you at the same time." "It's getting late. We'd better go home."

"Yes, I'll go back and tell mum, she'll be delighted to know Rowen's so tough now." Nina says happily.

"Yeah, I want everyone to know, we had a big day at the tiger!" Carl echoed.

"Come on, it's Rowen, it's none of your business!" Nina said quickly.

Carl didn't care. "Rowen's power is our power, our Wolf Family's power."

"I don't like to talk with you, I'll go home first!" Nina gives Carl a supercilious look and hurries forward.

"Hey, Nina, wait for me!" Carl catches up. The two families actually live next door.

As they disappear, Rowen hesitates for a moment and heads out of town.

Rowen, of course, is going to his secret valley, the perfect place for his training, where he would surely be staying today if it weren't for Caroline's ceremony, because he is desperate to improve his physical fitness so that he can fully harness the iron armored beast.

He has forgotten all the cheerful things in Tiger family, and Rowen, hurrying along the road to the secret valley, suddenly feels an uncomfortable sensation, as though a pair of eyes are staring back at him.

"Who? Come out!" Rowen turns back abruptly and shouts into the dark distance, feeling that he is being followed.

No response.

Rowen wonders. Maybe he thinks too much?

He is about to turn and moves on, when a sudden gust of cold air raises an alarm in Rowen's heart. Almost unconsciously, he presses the button on the bracelet.

Almost at the same moment, Rowen sees the sharp point of a sword is within ten centimeters away from him.

For a split second, Rowen seems to have seen death coming. He knows he can't get away from it, and something tells him to close his eyes.

"Bing..." Rowen is woken up by the sound of metal touching his ears.

Rowen opens his eyes at once and sees that he is already inside the iron armored beast, but that he is breaking out in a cold sweat.

Taking a deep breath, Rowen regains his composure quickly. He starts the iron armored beast and looks at the screen. He discovered days before that the screen can show clearly all surrounding things in the night. It is a black man, petite frame, plain appearance, carrying a sticky long iron sword. At the moment, however, the iron sword is in close contact with the body of the iron armored beast. The bang is obviously the sound of the iron sword impinging on the body of the iron armored beast, but the iron sword cannot pierce the body of the iron armored beast, and thanks to this Rowen has a narrow escape this time.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0