Chapter 16 – Encounter a Killer Again (2)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread by Peter Gong

Bang! Bang! There come two more loud bangs, and the man in black continuously stabs the iron armored beat with his long sword. But it does no harm at all to the beast and Rowen just feels slight vibration.

Rowen pushes the control rod with his right hand to control the beast to rush towards the man. Though the man's sword cannot hurt him at all, Rowen doesn't want to keep getting beaten up.

The iron armored beast hits the man swiftly. Rowen is pleased when he sees the man is about to be crashed, but he finds that the man has slipped away to the back of the beast at that very moment.

Rowen jerks the control rod and the beast flies backwards. It seems that Rowen is now quite adept at steering forward and backward.

The man in black flashes away and hides again. It can be said that the man in black is quite agile and nimble.

What makes Rowen exasperated is that the man has swiftly moved to the right side of the iron armored beast.Though he can control the beast to move forward and backward, he cannot control its lateral movement. So he could only make a turn first, and then crashes into the man. But the speed will slow down if it is done in this way, and he is not yet very familiar with this kind of operation, so it is almost impossible to hit the man at all.

"I don't know what I can do with these buttons." Rowen looks at the dozens of buttons on the console, and he doesn't know how these buttons function except the start button and the red button that turns the iron armored beast into a bracelet, and he doesn't dare press them.

"Ho..." The black man's roar comes into Rowen's ears, and Rowen quickly looks at the screen, but he is shocked. The man in black is standing not far from the right side, holding his sword high and a red stream of Dou Chi coming out from the tip.

The sword slashes down and the Dou Chi is shooting at the iron armored beast.

Boom! The beast is hit by Dou Chi and shakes violently, and the violent jolt also makes Rowen feel sick inside the mecha.

"Damn, this guy has got a strong Dou Chi in him!" Rowen mutters to himself. Though the red Dou Chi doesn't pierce the beast, it is still a bit difficult for him to tolerate. He knows that he cannot keep going like this, so he has to make some changes.

However, the man in black has already held high the long sword again at this moment. The Dou Chi has been activated again and slashes down onto the iron armored beast.

Rowen pushes the control rod to quickly move the beast forward so as to avoid being attacked by Dou Chi. Then he swiftly turns around and runs towards the man.

Unfortunately, the man is not the summoning beasts that he has coped with tonight, so he doesn't have to confront this tough guy with toughness. When the man sees the iron armored beast coming, he immediately moves aside and then swings his sword at the beast again. So Rowen has no choice but to hide away.

Boom! There comes another bang. After all, the beast's body is not flexible enough, so it is accidentally hit by another blow of Dou Chi. The beast shakes so violently that Rowen almost jumps off his chair inside the mecha. Even though he knows he is tied to a chair, he steadies himself with his hand on the console.

"The energy gun is activated." Then comes the familiar voice of the iron armored beast.

"Energy gun?" Rowen stops for a while, then he vaguely remembers that the beast has said that the energy gun belongs to its weapon system, so it is supposed to be used for attack. Only then does he realize that he has accidentally pressed a button on the console.

"The target has been locked on. Do you need me to shoot?" The voice of the beast comes out again.

"Shoot!" says Rowen immediately. Though he is not quite sure what it means, he guesses it is asking him if he means to attack.

Boom! At that time, the man in black slashes down onto the beast.

"The target is moving, unlocatable, unlocatable!" The voice of the iron armored beast appears again.

"What should I do?" Rowen is in a trance.

"The Free-aim Mode has been activated, you can aim at the target and shoot on your own." answers the beast.

Rowen feels a headache. Free-aim Mode, what the hell is that?

At that moment, through the screen he notices there are some slight changes in the shape of the beast. Something like a ball with a small hole in it appears on the top of the beast. Then he notices that the ball could rotate at will.

And in the lower left corner of the bigger screen, there appears a smaller screen with some symbols that he could not understand.

"What's this small screen?" Rowen keeps asking.

"It's a virtual sighting device that allows you to aim at the target you want to shoot at." The iron armored beast answers quickly.

Rowen finds himself confused again. He thinks for a while and asks, "Just tell me how to use it right now!"

"After activating the energy gun, you press the Shooting Mode switch button, aim at the target with the virtual sighting device, and press the shooting button..." Finally, Rowen figures out how to use the energy gun as the beast explains, at the same time, he has to control the beast as it moves back and forth avoiding the attack from the man.

However, it is too difficult for him to use when he figures out how to use the energy gun. And it is also very inconvenient to use what is called virtual sighting device because he needs to keep pressing several buttons to lock on his target.What makes him most depressed is that it takes him several times to aim at the man, but all his efforts are wasted as soon as the man moves aside.

"Why is this virtual sight device so hard to operate?" Rowen could not help complaining.

"Because it should take some training before getting proficient with it, and if you switch to man-machine integrated mode, it will be easier for you to use the energy gun," answers the beast.

"Let me put it this way, can I say it's unlikely for me to hit that guy with an energy gun right now?"  Rowen frowns.

"Not sure, there is a great deal of uncertainty in shooting. You have to shoot before you know whether it will hit your enemy or not. If you don't shoot as what you are doing right now, I'm sure that you cannot hit the enemy." Its tone sounds strange.

Rowen remembers that the voice of the beast has always been the same---emotionless, no ups and downs in tone, always the same in volume. But he doesn't know whether it is his illusion or something else, he senses a feeling of banter in its words.

But now he doesn't have enough time to think about it. It seems that the man won't give up before he kills it, and he still continuously attacks the beast's metal body. Though Rowen can escape most attacks, the body of beast is still hit occasionally, which makes him very upset. He thinks the beast is right, even though he may not be able to hit his enemy with the energy gun, he should at least try a few times.

Bang! A flash of white light comes out from the top of the iron armored beast, like a shining meteor and speeds toward the man. Finally, Rowen fires his first shot.

"Boom!" The meteor flies past half a meter away from the man and then falls on the ground. A huge sound is heard and in the the ground a small hole is blasted out.

Rowen is too stunned to say a word. Isn't this, isn't this energy gun too powerful?

For a moment, Rowen feels a little bit excited. "Bang bang bang." He makes several shots again, But unfortunately, he misses the target many times, just blasting out several holes beside the man. However, it has clearly brought huge pressure to the man, at least he will dodge to left and right instead of fighting back as Rowen opens fire.

Rowen feels good to gain the upper hand, he pushes the control rod to control the giant beast to move towards the man, and constantly shoots him at the same time. Streaks of white light fly to the man, and he wants to avoid attacks from the beast on the one hand and the energy gun's shooting on the other hand, which makes him look awkward.

At this moment comes the urgent voice of the beast, "Warning, warning, insufficient energy, please replenish energy as soon as possible!"

The Rowen's excitement seems to be extinguished with cold water, and he doesn't know what insufficient energy means, but he knows there is nothing good about this warning because the last time it gave a warning, he had his own house destroyed.

"How to replenish energy?" Says Rowen hastily.

"The energy crystal can quickly replenish energy." Answers the beast.

"Where can I find energy crystals?" Rowen asks.

The beast stays silent for a moment before replying, "The system shows that there are no energy crystals for sale nearby."

"What should I do?" Rowen feels a little anxious.

"Please expose the mecha to sunlight, it can absorb the sun's energy to replenish it," says the beast, "but it will take a long time."

"But now it's evening. Where is the sun?" Rowen does not know whether to cry or to laugh. Although he feels relieved to learn that solar energy can power the beast, he can't yet solve the problem right now.

"The mecha still has 10 percent energy left. When it's less than 1 percent, the mecha will automatically shut down the power system and start hibernating." Says the beast,"Every bullet of the energy guns will cost a thousandth of the energy. Under such a circumstance, you'd better not fire too much."

Rowen feels annoyed. Does the beast run out of its energy just because he has been shooting a lot?

It seems that he cannot shoot at will anymore.

"Who the hell are you?" Says Rowen coldly as he stops the iron armored beast. "Why are you trying to kill me?"

Since Rowen cannot defeat him with weapons, he has to outsmart him. Rowen has had a plan in his mind.

"You'll see when you get to the hell!" The man in black says coldly.

"Then I will send you to the hell first!" Rowen hums coldly, "Bang!" he fires the energy gun. But this time, the system has automatically targeted the man before he can move.

"Er..." The man in black screams, his body is pierced and his blood gushes from his chest.

Then he falls on his back.

The man covers his chest with one hand and the blood bleeds from between his fingers. He manages to stand up, but he stumbles and half knees down on the ground.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0